Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (383 Views)

Mother Sells Baby For N600,000 To Buy Phone, Wrapper / Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds (photo) / Mother Sells Son For N300,000 In Enugu; Buyer Resells At 350,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by nairalaila: 5:28am On Aug 27, 2018
A 23-year-old mother, Miracle Johnson has been arrested by the Edo State Police Command over the alleged sale of her six-week-old baby. 

The nursing mother from Agenebode, in the Etsako East Local Government Area of the state, reportedly sold the baby, Greatness, to an orphanage in Onitsha, Anambra State, for N200,000 and was reportedly paid in cash. 

Commissioner of Police, Mr Johnson Kokumo, who confirmed the incident said Miracle bought a phone with proceeds from the transaction, and further described it as a serious offence. Miracle who said she persuaded by one Mama Joy, said to be at large, to sell the infant and give the money to her husband to start a business, blamed her action on frustration and the inability of her husband to take care of her and her other children.

“My baby was born on July 2. I sold her due to frustration. My husband was just struggling (to provide for us).

“My friend (Mama Joy) said that since my husband was not taking care of me, if I did it (sold the baby), I could give the money to my husband to start a business or buy a motorcycle.

“Two weeks later, she came back. I did not know what happened to me. So, I carried a bag, picked some things and left.

“I sold her to an orphanage in Onitsha. The orphanage bought the child for N200,000. I just bought only a phone; I did not want to buy it, but she (Mama Joy) forced me to do so,” she added.

The nursing mother who said she regretted her action and later confessed to her pastor, added; 

“I told my pastor what I did and that it was a mistake for which I would never forgive myself. So, my husband and I went to a police station to report. I know what I did was not good. I pray that my child will forgive me.”

The Commissioner of Police in the state said the baby would be rescued while the suspect would be charged to court.

Kokumo said, “It is an act against laws in Nigeria. Now that we have the woman in our net, we will definitely charge her to court. The baby will be rescued.”

https://lailasnews.com/mother-sells-six-week-old-baby-buys-phone-with-proceeds/

Lalasticlala

Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31am On Aug 27, 2018
JESUS shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31am On Aug 27, 2018
Who says there is nothing new under the sun?!
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by Elukapendragon(m): 5:48am On Aug 27, 2018
Mbok they should deep the phone into her vagina so that she will deliver it. undecided
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by Hector09(m): 5:54am On Aug 27, 2018
Nawa, there is suffer in d land
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by Iscoalarcon: 6:51am On Aug 27, 2018
Shameless woman angry I watched a video of one latin woman that was separated from her baby yesterday (USA ICE policy) the woman was crying profusely and asking what happened to her papi because the young didn't recognize her after they were reunited cry cry cry and here in Nigeria we have a stupid and satanic woman selling the child she carried for 9 months
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by gaby(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2018
You don't call this a mother. It would even be an insult to dogs if you called her one.

I just can't find the right name for her yet, I only pray she fails to conceive another for the rest of her evil life.

Check out the story of how I trekked to and fro Europe from Nigeria in 1999 on my siggy. Epic
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by Iscoalarcon: 6:55am On Aug 27, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
Shameless woman angry I watched a video of one latin woman that was separated from her baby yesterday (USA ICE policy) the woman was crying profusely and asking what happened to her papi because the young didn't recognize her after they were reunited cry cry cry and here in Nigeria we have a stupid and satanic woman selling the child she carried for 9 months
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1033084026893070338?s=20
Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:18am On Aug 27, 2018
Elukapendragon:
Mbok they should deep the phone into her vagina so that she will deliver it. undecided
...dip...

1 Like

Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by Elukapendragon(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
...dip...
Thank pls. atleast u didnt abuse me

2 Likes

Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2018
Elukapendragon:
Thank pls. atleast u didnt abuse me
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Mother Sells Six-week-old Baby, Buys Phone With Proceeds by PenlsCaP: 10:17am On Aug 27, 2018
Nawa

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks, Fund Of Illegal Deductions - Share Your Experience / Two Men Seen Locking Horns Over Cigarette In Port Harcourt. / Iraq Slams Death Sentence On ISIS Deputy, Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi, After He Was Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.