Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Today's Nigerian Youth In Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today's Nigerian Youth In Politics? (217 Views)

Today's Nigerian Newspapers Front-page, 22 December / Today's Nigerian Newspapers Front-page / Nigerian Youth Kneels As Senator Akpabio Inspects His Campaign Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today's Nigerian Youth In Politics? by Tinamoore(f): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2018
A lot has been said about youth involvement in politics cum political leadership position. How the older generation should give way for the younger generation to take over.

Now,this is my opinion about the so called younger generation who supposedly have the solution to every problem in the land.

The current set of political leaders are insensitive to the people's plight,some of them are criminals and very callous,but unfortunately the younger generation have the potential to be more... A generation that has legalized frauding,prostitution, etc cannot be trusted with running the affairs of the country.

Before my granny died at 94 years old,I used to be very close to her. From stories she shared with me,I can comfortably say that no generation had worshipped money the way we do now. Most girls/ladies wants to date you once you're certified 'rich' by their standards,regardless of what you do for a living and your marital status, some men voluntarily engage in sexual escapades for financial benefits.

Some 21st century parents admonish their kids to get married,only when that union guarantees financial security,unfortunately more than 50 years down the line,late Professor Chinua Achebe's phrase is still relevant in our society... Things have really fallen apart!

Just a few in my generation believes that a pretty lady can achieve success through hardwork and persistence, without having to spread her legs, and vice versa. as a result, prostitution, internet frauding etc became the order of the day.What world do we even care to leave for our kids A society so broken that they become ruthless to one another?? A society where they can easily prostitute their values?? A society devoid of moral uprightness??

Sometimes I think we deserve the kind of leaders we have. They steal from the coffers of the state and when we see them, we make them chairmen and women of our weddings,parties, etc,we reverence them for stealing,diverting public funds,receiving jumbo salaries in a country where the minimum wage is 18k. All because we worship money,regardless of how it is made.

A little struggle people change for the worst these days,when u meet them,they will start sounding like.... 'I don't blame internet fraudsters and prostitutes because they have to survive'. But how about looking at the bigger picture that fraudsters get rich at the expense of other people's life savings (which most times can lead to the victim's death or some severe/terminal health challenges) and prostitutes are the main agents of marriage destruction,our generation will rather say, 'they will have to survive and they're the breadwinners of their families too'.

The current politicians might be stealing from the economy, but I have every inclination to believe that our generation might sell this country for our love for riches and wealth,and we will wake up one morning, having no country to call our own. A generation that will rather ridicule a man that is making an honest living through waste management and adore a 'yahoo yahoo fraudster' can't be trusted with the mantle of leadership of a third world country that is desperately in need of an unprecedented development.

No regard for dignity of labour,education has been relegated as an unserious journey for those that wants to 'carry last',integrity has far been driven away and I'm shocked for what we are fast becoming...

I did this post to remind us that a young Nigerian like me,who is yet to achieve up to 80% of his dreams can be steadfast in upholding his values in this pursuit of happiness. I don't care if I'm the only one standing on this, I don't need people's validation. I only care about the positive rethink this post can infuse in all of us.

We can do good and succeed.
We can work hard honestly and that dream will be achieved.
We can stand by our values and posterity will remember us for that.
We can choose to drop internet frauding, prostitution,stealing,kidnapping etc, and our kids will have a better country to call their own.
Let's wear this face...
A face of honest hardwork, dignity in labour etc.
A face of a new generation looking out for one another in love. God bless us.

Copied.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

JTF, Shell Deny Coercing Bayelsa Community To Endorse Spill Report / 2019: Senator Makarfi Denies Eeports On Ex-vp Atiku Abubakar / Olawepo-hashim: Southeast Youths Should Embrace ANN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.