Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC (22785 Views)

Akwa Ibom APC Prepares For President Buhari's Visit [Photo] / Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary / Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primaries End In Violence (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by dre11(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
Abuja – Concerted effort by the former Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, to emerge as the leader of the All Progressives Congress in Akwa Ibom has been rebuffed by stakeholders of the party in the state, Daily Independent reliably learnt on Monday.

Akpabio recently defected from the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling APC.

Arising from a meeting, members of the State Working Committee and other stakeholders of APC, turned down Akpabio’s overtures as they insisted that the state caucus chairman of the party, Atuekong Don Etiebiet, should continue as leader of the party in Akwa Ibom state.

Etiebiet was formerly a Minister of Petroleum as well as a-one-time national chairman of the defunct ANPP.

Present at the meeting were Senator John Udoedehe, Group Captain Sam Enwang (rtd), Obong Nsima Ekere, Mr. Umana Umana, Obong Rita Akpan etc.

At the meeting held in Uyo on August 25, the APC chieftains and stakeholders resolved that Don Etiebiet should continue as leader of the party in Akwa Ibom state.

It was gathered that the refusal of APC stakeholders to allow Akpabio emerge as their leader was not unconnected with the National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole’s pronouncement of the former governor of as leader of the party in Akwa Ibom during his reception into the party on August 8, in Ikot Ekpene.

Akpabio’s plea to have an alternate chairmanship position created for him was vehemently opposed by the stakeholders.

Specifically, Enwang in opposing Akpabio’s ambition, contended that it was not part of the party constitution.

However, after Akpabio’s plea to be made an alternate chairman of caucus was roundly resisted by the stakeholders, notably, Senator Aloysius Etok and former military governor of Ogun state, Group Captain Sam Enwang, a source said, the senator promised to abide by the decision of the stakeholders.

The decision to retain Etiebet as leader of the party over Senator Akpabio was part of a six-point resolution adopted at the stakeholders’ meeting.

Other resolutions adopted at the meeting were; “That a vote of confidence is passed on President Muhammadu Buhari, the chairman of caucus and leader of the party Atuekong Don Etiebiet as well as the chairman of the party Mr. Ini Okopido; that senator Godswill Akpabio is welcomed to the party; and that there is no zoning, hence there will be no automatic ticket or right of first refusal for members of the party who are currently holding elective positions.

A caucus member of the party who preferred anonymity told reporters that many stakeholders would have left the party if Akpabio had insisted on leading the party in the state.

He said the resolution was a saving strategy to forestall more defections from the party to the PDP, stressing that Akpabio’s real motives for joining the APC was yet to be known.

Since Akpabio joined the APC, some stakeholders including a former governorship aspirant, Dr. Udoma Bob Ekarika, the immediate past state deputy chairman of the APC, Obong Emmanuel Udoh, and youth leaders of the party from Ikot Ekpene senatorial district had defected to the PDP.

https://independent.ng/akpabio-losses-bid-to-hijack-akwa-ibom-apc/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
Very foolish man. His humiliation in Akwa Ibom state is just beginning. shameless man

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by sarrki(m): 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Fake story

Akpabio is the guy in that place

Pdp still bitter over the defection

Carrying fake stories

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by sarrki(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
Very foolish man. His humiliation in Akwa Ibom state is just beginning. shameless man

Am sure you are reporting from nnewi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by yarimo(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
shaataap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by abokibuhari: 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
sarrki:
Fake story

Carrying fake stories
What's wrong with your brain?

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by OlaAshawo: 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ezenwammadu:
lol

i told those fools that apc shot themselves in the foot by making Akpabio defect

Akpabio defection is more of a loss to apc than gain because there's no way the likes of obong Umana and the rest apc guys in Akwa Ibom will allow Akpabio to rule them

they'll rather sabotage the party than let Akpabio rule them

apc votes in Akwa Ibom just reduced by 10% remaining 10% grin

58 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
FAKE NEWS! Anything from daily independent owned by the PDP is always poo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by OlaAshawo: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
yarimo:
shaataap there Buhari the illiterate terrorist will never know peace Insha'Allah amin
cool

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by OlaAshawo: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:
FAKE NEWS! Anything from daily independent owned by the PDP is always poo!
[/s]
claptrap and stupid trash

e pain am well well tongue

40 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Racoon(m): 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
And the political equation just refused to balance for Akpabio in Akwa Ibom APC because people like Senator John Udoedehe, Group Captain Sam Enwang (rtd), Obong Nsima Ekere, Mr. Umana Umana, Obong Rita Akpan will never allow him gain footing.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by OlaAshawo: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
[s]
sarrki:
Fake story

Carrying fake stories
[/s]
trash trash trash

says by someone that is limited to brown roof region grin
cheesy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Johnnyessence(m): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
Akpabio has finish himself politically since he decamped to Apc.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Bizibi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
I knew this will come up

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by BIGDADDY000(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
trust me DUDE, u will return empty handed wen APCshit are done with u.

11 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by KanwuliaExtra: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Late entrants decampees scrambling for relevance.

Old goats! cheesy

Unproductive and over-saturated party!

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Factfinder1(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tho an uncle of mine but I've lost respect for bro obot akabio for associating with APC and trying to drag the whole of akwa ibom into it

9 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by pentax(m): 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
Akpabio ti fvck up

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Indabello: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
I don't blame him, it is because we are fond of havesting from where we did not plant in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by PapalsBull(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
[s]
OlaAshawo:

trash trash trash

says by someone that is limited to brown roof region grin
cheesy
[/s]
Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
Why killing yourself about politicians that doesn't know you or want anything good to happen to you . Let's use our heads . Their children eat our loot and later marry themselves the cycle of looting continues because they will pave way for theme why you stay here to kill ,insult and allow hatred and tribalism eat you up . Let's wise up .

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by naijapips04: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
Akpa Amu is going to be the most frustrated politician in Nigeria's History.

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by kennypoju04: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
Before on, him get seniors nao
Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by zolajpower: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by Thinkfree(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ipob will be happy with this news
Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by naijapips04: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
sarrki:
Fake story

Carrying fake stories

Akpabio just made the worst mistake of his political career. He's going to run back to PDP for sure.

10 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by ngadaAwo: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
PapalsBull:
Tinubu is a bastard
Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by annnikky(f): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
How can u become chairman of a party out of nowhere grin he's just daydreaming after all people are there b4 him undecided

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC by ObaIgwe1: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
Not true.

This is what Akpabio said this morning after his meeting with Udoedehe And Obong Nsima Ekere:

"I have told the leaders in APC in Akwa Ibom State, I am not coming to lord over them. I am not even interested in leadership. My primary concern is the unity of APC as we approach election. As I come in, I discovered they were camp and factional interest.

In short, within the last fews days, I have had to intervene to get the faction led by 'Charles Taylor' to withdraw the case they instituted against the Hon Ini Okopidi led executive. I have told them I am not contesting any governorship election. I have told the leaders to, in matter of days bring up their structures. I am only contesting the Senatorial Seat. I am coming to add value to the All Progressives Congress (APC), not to come and destroy what was built.

I have heard all sorts of rumours that I intend to bring Victor Antai or another candidate for the governorship position. I do not intend to interfere in how the candidate emerges. I have told Sen. John James Udoedehe and H.E Obong Nsima U. Ekere that whoever emerges winner during the governorship primaries, one of the aspirants will have to be the Campaign Manager for the winner. We have to forge ahead as a united front"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7641484_4008626918782040222670038503937183386697728n_jpgf8e6d2a2d8e3d2878fc4fc0653e37ebd

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIN: FG Suspends Workers Over Extortion At NIMC Centres / Ahead Of His Defection, APC Governors Visit Matawalle In Gusau / Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.