Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? (2178 Views)

A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / How To Get A Baby Boy Or Girl Naturally / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by ruescho(m): 11:38am On Apr 01, 2007
The earlier the better?
What age is best, who can give advice?
Thx
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by Glamourgal(f): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2007
i think it's 8 wks
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by naijacutee(f): 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2007
Same for me. I heard 8 weeks as well.
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by ikamefa(f): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2007
shocked i no know oh!

even the thought of causing so much pain to a tinsy! binty baby like that gives me the jeepers! cry
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by monshege: 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2007
in the days of my grandparents- 2 weeks (14-16 days)
now- 1 week depending on the health of the baby
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by RedLips3(f): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2007
as opposed to the pain he will feel when girls run away from him in adulthood, ika? tongue

perharps the BK is full of gentiles cheesy
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2007
13 years old, that way, he'll learn not to think with it anytime he remembers the pain wink
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by monshege: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2007
debosky:

13 years old, that way, he'll learn not to think with it anytime he remembers the pain wink

smiley cheesy grin shocked
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by ikamefa(f): 12:20am On Apr 12, 2007
Red_Lips:

as opposed to the pain he will feel when girls run away from him in adulthood, ika? tongue

perharps the BK is full of gentiles cheesy

prolly? grin i don't go around inspecting d i c k s to see if they are circumcised or not and i ain't against it, if/when i have a son hes gon get circumcised , the act of cutting a likkle boy scares me shikena
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by English1(f): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2007
I see you are in Germany. Are you intending to stay there long-term?

If so, you should know that circumcision is quite rare in Europe. If you are doing it for some religious/cultural belief, ok, but if you think he needs to be done to 'fit in' with the other boys then you will be doing the wrong thing. It will make him unusual. In Europe, circumcision is only really done by Jews and Muslims.
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by monshege: 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2007
circumcision according to research has been proven to be good/advantageous. it started before as part of religion and culture, but now i think most parents go ahead with it for other reasons
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by ruescho(m): 9:44am On Apr 14, 2007
English1:

I see you are in Germany. Are you intending to stay there long-term?

If so, you should know that circumcision is quite rare in Europe. If you are doing it for some religious/cultural belief, ok, but if you think he needs to be done to 'fit in' with the other boys then you will be doing the wrong thing. It will make him unusual. In Europe, circumcision is only really done by Jews and Muslims.

Yes I live in Germany but am neither Jewish nor Moslem.
But also many German Christians here do circumcision for medical and hygienical reasons.
Secondly its - as u stated- also for cultural reasons, as my woman is from Nigeria and wants it
to be done and I see no reason to oppose it, as long as it is done properly in hospital.
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by mohawkchic(f): 3:20am On Apr 18, 2007
~My son was circumcised when he was almost a month old,poor thing he cried each time he peed,i felt so terrible sad
Re: What Time A Baby Boy Should Be Circumcised? by Rlst84sale(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2007
On the 8th day (eight) day. Go and read Gen 17 vs 1-13.

(1) (Reply)

Check Mate Semen Detection Test Kit- How To Catch A Cheat? / Order Your Ebola Prevention Kits (pictured) / Please Need Directions To Teaching Hospital In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.