Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,373 members, 7,843,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting (283 Views)

Start Your Own Reseller Web Hosting And Become Your Own Boss Live At YEMLAT!!! / Reseller Web Hosting Business For As Low As 5k Live At Yemlat!!! / Reseller Web Hosting With Todhost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
hello good people of nairaland. I want to go into the business of reseller web hosting whereby I will buy hosting from a particular hosting and then resell it. I don't have much to spare , am still in school but I want to use my small pocket money to start a business while am still in school. But before I go ahead within this decision of mine , I need suggestion is it profitable and,tips and advice from you. Can this business thrive in Nigeria or I should just find another ? is it profitable and how much do you think this project or venture might cost. pls help a lad.

manmen
Re: I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
10k lowest
Re: I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by hostkobo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
remiproxy:
hello good people of nairaland. I want to go into the business of reseller web hosting whereby I will buy hosting from a particular hosting and then resell it. I don't have much to spare , am still in school but I want to use my small pocket money to start a business while am still in school. But before I go ahead within this decision of mine , I need suggestion is it profitable and,tips and advice from you. Can this business thrive in Nigeria or I should just find another ? is it profitable and how much do you think this project or venture might cost. pls help a lad.

Hi

While you are calculating the possibility of making huge profits in a reseller web hosting business, a bigger question you should answer is: CAN YOU PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS?

By SUPPORT, I mean 247 SUPPORT: support for the hosting backend, support for the user services, support for basic scripts, etc. A good number of your customers would be people who would buy your service and resell to end-users. They might lack the technical know how and thus push the blame back to the hosting company. If you know your salt, you can save your own reputation.

If you cant provide support / if you wont be able to provide support, your webhosting company would be another number in the growing list of Nigerian Webhosting companies who just collect money from Nigerians for webhosting services they provide but cant support.

Nice read here: Disadvantages of hosting your website in Nigeria: http://www.techtuti.com/disadvantages-hosting-website-nigeria/

regards
HK
Re: I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by ashiraf(m): 6:13am On Sep 04, 2018
remiproxy:
If your at school then web hosting business gona be hard for you coz that business needs 24/7 client support which a schooler can not do...But i recommand you to maybe start a blog, with blogging no need of support, u just write and promote your posts... if your interested in blogging then here are realiable hostings:
#1. Riseshost
2. bluehost
3. hostgator
but i suggest riseshost...
Goodluck bro.
Re: I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 04, 2018
ashiraf:

If your at school then web hosting business gona be hard for you coz that business needs 24/7 client support which a schooler can not do...But i recommand you to maybe start a blog, with blogging no need of support, u just write and promote your posts... if your interested in blogging then here are realiable hostings:
#1. Riseshost
2. bluehost
3. hostgator
but i suggest riseshost...
Goodluck bro.
tnx
Re: I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2018
hostkobo:

Hi

While you are calculating the possibility of making huge profits in a reseller web hosting business, a bigger question you should answer is: CAN YOU PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS?

By SUPPORT, I mean 247 SUPPORT: support for the hosting backend, support for the user services, support for basic scripts, etc. A good number of your customers would be people who would buy your service and resell to end-users. They might lack the technical know how and thus push the blame back to the hosting company. If you know your salt, you can save your own reputation.

If you cant provide support / if you wont be able to provide support, your webhosting company would be another number in the growing list of Nigerian Webhosting companies who just collect money from Nigerians for webhosting services they provide but cant support.

Nice read here: Disadvantages of hosting your website in Nigeria: http://www.techtuti.com/disadvantages-hosting-website-nigeria/

regards
HK
tnx
Re: I Want To Start Reseller Web Hosting by bedfordng(m): 11:16am On Sep 04, 2018
not bad if you have the knowledge

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help "Programmers Word Press Developers" / I Need Help With Blogging / Facebook Page With 35k Likes For Sale (affordable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.