Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin (1160 Views)

Prof. Maurice Iwu's Fraudulent Claims About Ebola Cure / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Enjoyment1(f): 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
Iwu’s sister-in-law abducted in Benin
National NewsJun 27, 2010
By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN— KIDNAPPERS dared the curse laid by the Benin Monarch, Oba Erediauwa, when last Thursday, they abducted the sister-in-law to the former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Planning and Budgetary in Edo State, Mrs Lilian Iwu.

Mrs Iwu is married to the elder brother of the immediate past Chairman of the INEC, Prof. Maurice Iwu.
Mrs Iwu was said to have been abducted by three armed men at about 10am last Thursday, after she left her house in the GRA area in Benin City, heading to office. Initially, the kidnappers were said to have delayed contacting her family until Saturday, when they finally made contact, demanding the sum of N150million as ransom.

Vanguard learnt that the family was yet to negotiate with the kidnappers but are concerned on how to get such an amount of money to free the woman.
A source at the police headquarters told Vanguard that “we are always careful when it comes to things like this but that does not mean that we are relaxing. I cannot tell you what we are doing but we are only praying for the better.” The state police had only last week paraded ten suspected kidnappers after which they were charged to court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/27/iwus-sister-in-law-abducted-in-benin/
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Enjoyment1(f): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
Why not get Maurice Iwu himself, and ask for ransom worth N5billion? He can boast of that.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by rhymz(m): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Iwu’s sister-in-law abducted in Benin
National NewsJun 27, 2010
By Simon Ebegbulem

BENIN— KIDNAPPERS dared the curse laid by the Benin Monarch, Oba Erediauwa, when last Thursday,  they abducted the sister-in-law to the former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Planning and Budgetary in Edo State, Mrs Lilian Iwu.

Mrs Iwu is married to the elder brother of the immediate past Chairman of the INEC, Prof. Maurice Iwu.
Mrs Iwu was said to have been abducted by three armed men at about 10am last Thursday,  after she left her house in the GRA area in Benin City, heading to  office. Initially, the kidnappers were said to have delayed contacting her family until Saturday, when they finally made contact, demanding the sum of N150million as ransom.

Vanguard learnt that the family was yet to negotiate with the kidnappers but are concerned on how to get such an amount of money to free the woman.
A source at the police headquarters told Vanguard that “we are always careful when it comes to things like this but that does not mean that we are relaxing. I cannot tell you what we are doing but we are only praying for the better.” The state police had only last week paraded ten suspected kidnappers after which they were charged to court.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/27/iwus-sister-in-law-abducted-in-benin/
. . What can one say, Karma is !
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by udezue(m): 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2010
A bytch
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Otobroto(f): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Why not get Maurice Iwu himself, and ask for ransom worth N5billion? He can boast of that.

The kidnappers knows what they are doing. They know it is Maurice Iwu that will still pay the ransom.
May be they will settle for a better sum, but they had better watch their back, as govt is really getting tough on kidnappers/kidnapping.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Everfrank(m): 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2010
Payback time?
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
Now, what excuse will oba of benin tell us despite all the curses and rituals he performed against kidnapping and armed robbery.the evil spirits were sleeping then . . . I guess
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Otobroto(f): 11:27pm On Jun 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Now, what excuse will oba of benin tell us despite all the curses and rituals he performed against kidnapping and armed robbery.the evil spirits were sleeping then . . . I guess

No, they went to watch the world cup in South Africa grin grin grin.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
Otobroto:

No, they went to watch the world cup in South Africa grin grin grin.
rotflmao . . . .the same spirit that couldnt rescue their great grandfather from the portugese.INFS
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
ROTFLMAO!!!! They dared the curse?

Now this is what I'm talking about. . . . what happens when you dare the curse? undecided

Hope the SIO is alright tho undecided
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by selingel: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

Now this is what I'm talking about. . . . what happens when you dare the curse? undecided

\\\

Which curse? Those curses use to be active (if at all), when these your so-called traditional fathers were not involved in Politics.
Today, they even run the show, so their curses are like birds, that cannot perch.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2010
Nothing is going to happen other than the family to pay the ransome ASAP.why cant the spirits  use gps or google map to figure out the location of the poor woman.
FL Gators:

Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Nothing is going to happen other than the family to pay the ransome ASAP.why cant the spirits  use gps or google map to figure out the location of the poor woman.
selingel:

\\\

Which curse? Those curses use to be active (if at all), when these your so-called traditional fathers were not involved in Politics.
Today, they even run the show, so their curses are like birds, that cannot perch.
LOL. . . . Some Nigerians dont think so.

Me, I just wanna see if these curses work.

How dare they dare the monarch's curse  grin

@BlueTooth

Mo moh jare. Mo kan n sere ni. lol
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by funkybaby(f): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
Na wa oh.

Those kidnappers get mind sha. grin grin grin

Daring a whole Oba of Benin.

Anyways, fingers crossed to know the fate of the kidnappers. This is a real test to know the potency of Esama's juju. undecided
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Enjoyment1(f): 11:57pm On Jun 27, 2010
funkybaby:

Na wa oh.

Those kidnappers get mind sha. grin grin grin

Daring a whole Oba of Benin.

Anyways, fingers crossed to know the fate of the kidnappers. This is a real test to know the potency of Esama's juju. undecided

Abeg, those curses are empty threats. Show me one person that have been cursed by that man, and the effect is very potent and visible. and I will show you another Nigerian wonders, that is orchestrated to instill fear in people.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by funkybaby(f): 11:59pm On Jun 27, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Abeg, those curses are empty threats. Show me one person that have been cursed by that man, and the effect is very potent and visible. and I will show you another Nigerian wonders, that is orchestrated to instill fear in people.

Nah.
I dont want to believe so oooooooooooo grin grin grin

This is the Oba of Benin we are talking about oooooo
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 28, 2010
funkybaby:

Nah.

so ? What is special about him ?
FL Gators:

LOL. . . . Some Nigerians dont think so.

Me, I just wanna see if these curses work.

How dare they dare the monarch's curse  grin

@BlueTooth

Mo moh jare. Mo kan n sere ni. lol
mo tigbo jare.bawo ni wknd e ?
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2010
@bluetooth
wndk mi n lo deede,thanks sha
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Enjoyment1(f): 12:10am On Jun 28, 2010
funkybaby:

Nah.

I can see you shivering, and even fumbling with your keyboard, just because Oba of Benin placed curses on any would-be kidnapper. Time and events will tell.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 28, 2010
Enjoyment1:

I can see you shivering, and even fumbling with your keyboard, just because Oba of Benin placed curses on any would-be kidnapper. Time and events will tell.
no mind the girl jare. . . . The kidnapping case was a slap to all those curse and to crown it all,a prominent person was involved.me think the spirits ought to intervene during emergency.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by chidichris(m): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2010
wow, the guys don hammer.
this is jackpot. this kind of transaction can set one up for the rest of his life.
at least, iwu can pay N10b.
these guys better collect better money from this guy and quit the kidnapping business.
i hope iwu will not be follish not to released some of our money to the guys.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by slap1(m): 3:42am On Jun 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Curses don't work on Christians, those kidnappers are Christians.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by redsun(m): 8:35am On Jun 28, 2010
What baffles me about kidnapping case in nigeria is how they manage to pick up the ransom money without a trace by the police,they probably get it in their bank accounts.

I have never seen a situation where kidnapping is made so easy like nigeria.
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by banom(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2010
Who is daring Maurice Iwu ? the immidiate past ivan the terrible of our electoral commision, well i am sure Maurice will know how to rig the ransome they demanded. lets watch and see how it goes, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Maurice Iwu’s Sister-in-law Abducted In Benin - News From Benin by jamace(m): 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2010
Chei, these kidnappers want to rig some pepper from Iwu's rigged INEC's bank account . Na wa o! Smart guys. grin  grin  grin

(1) (Reply)

Abuja’s Losing Battle Against Prostitution ! / Gov Akpabio Raises Alarm Over The Use Of His Phone 08075707... By Opposition / Universities And Inec Registration:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.