Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke (546 Views)

2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election / Donald Duke Sent On An Errand By His Wife - See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke by lawalosky(m): 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, who signified interest in the 2019 presidential election has revealed his stance on gay rights in the country.

On a TV programme called, On The Couch, Duke revealed that he would not criminalise homosexuality, as long as it is not exhibited publicly.

He shared the video of the programme, where he was a guest on his Twitter handle, @Donald_Duke.

The conversation had been centered on food before the presidential aspirant made it known. He wanted to talk about gender and then delved into homosexuality.

He said: “I want to talk about gay rights. I don’t understand it because I’m straight. I don’t understand the feelings, emotions, a gay person would have of their sexuality. I don’t understand it but I will not criminalise them. I will ensure they have the protection of the law.

But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, that is an affront to the norms of the society, the current norms.”

When one of the anchors, Falz asked him what he meant by to ‘exhibit their sexuality’, he narrated a scenario of arriving at New York and to see two men kissing.

He added, “You can be gay but keep it in your house.”

“On a serious note, society has certain norms. There are certain things you can do in New York, England, and Nigeria that you cannot do in Saudi Arabia. You have got to respect the laws of society. When you are in Rome, behave like the Romans. Don’t swim against the tide.”

When the show’s co-anchor, Laila Johnson-Salami asked if he would have a gay person in his cabinet, Duke said: “His sexuality is private to him, I don’t want to know. It’s not my business. My business is can he perform the assignment that has been assigned to him?”
https://punchng.com/video-i-will-not-criminalise-homosexuality-donald-duke/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke by Horus(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxjxyU4nYm4

Presidential Asipirant Donald Duke says homosexually is not a crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke by Sarkin: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
I've just lost interest in you sir.
And who is that shamelessly bleached lady with flat boobs sitting that way to discuss politics?
Nigeria is finished!
And I was even campaigning for Mr Duke, he has failed me!
He can join Cownu in doing that in Biafra, it's already rampant there.
I won't be surprised if Donald Duke is a chronic faggit.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke by lawalosky(m): 6:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
When you think you have heard it all...
Lala to the fp,
Nigeria and Nigerians will forever remain same sex free nation, no matter our weakness.
We say no to homosexuality
Re: VIDEO: I Will Not Criminalise Homosexuality – Donald Duke by ogtavia(m): 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
The Obama strategy won't work here sir. Oniranu. Tufiakwa.

(1) (Reply)

"Nigeria Will Export Marijuana When I Become President" - Omoyele Sowore / Delta Worst Performing Governor So Far / In History Of Nigeria Has Any Cabinet Minister Ever Resigned Over An Allegation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.