Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) (4745 Views)

Fresh Apples / Chocolate Apples / 15 Health Benefits Of Eating Apples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
* Stale (October, 2017)

Picking apples can be a painstaking job lasting several weeks.

But at this orchard, nature has done the farmers’ work for them in one night.

Tens of thousands of the fruit were blown from the trees by a devastating storm blowing wind at 100mph.

But as luck would have it, the windfalls did not end up bruised and useless because the orchard was flooded as a result of the bad weather.

Instead, the apples’ fall was cushioned and they weregently and neatly deposited on the ground, in perfect condition, as the waters receded.

The owners of the orchard, in Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland, had been fearing the worst as the powerful remnants of Hurricane Ophelia battered the British Isles.

But instead of a scene of devastation, farmers were surprised to find the trees still standing and the fruit that usually has to be picked lying neatly on the ground in a massive and evenly-spread pile.

Only a fraction of the crop remained on the branches to be picked by hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5018057/Apples-carpet-floor-orchard-Storm-Ophelia.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Gracespecial101(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chai am I seeing Clearly
If am a worker there something will definitely happen, see Apple cause I go fit even chop full tree

7 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by MissJoy29(f): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
What a beautiful sight! God is so wonderful.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by kodded(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2018

follow my signature
thank me later wink
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by sod09(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
Chai...I will ear to stupor
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by adeniyi3971(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
Wow!! beauty at its peak

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
Gracespecial101:
Chai am I seeing Clearly
If am a worker there something will definitely happen, see Apple cause I go fit even chop full tree

You saying this because you don't work there, work there for one month and apple will be nothing to you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by ChiefAzubuike(f): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
When you have a functional government, apples will grow and blossom peacefully. Even here in Jos, apples have refused to grow ever since Buhari assumed power. My apple orchard has refused to produced anything tangible since 2015. May it not be well Buhari and his cohorts.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by obafemee80(m): 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
An apple a day keeps the doctor away grin

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
Gracespecial101:
Chai am I seeing Clearly
nah you go tire
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Hakeem12(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
The beauty of nature
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by pxjosh(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
This same apple wey I dey buy one piece for hundred naira na im just full ground so

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by jimohibrahim(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
I go chop belle full
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by ikeno(m): 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Gracespecial101:
Chai am I seeing Clearly
you go even hate to eat apple if you work dia.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
This some how turned out to be a very beautiful sight.
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by armadeo(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
what i can think of is apple juice man

lots of it freshly drained apples all squeezed of juice
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Redman44(m): 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
We used to have about 5 Guava Trees in my Dad's house in Lagos from the early 80's to around the year 2003. The Guava trees used to shed their fruit on the floor of the compound too whenever the wind blew hard. Very similar to the pictures above. Agriculture needs to take the main stage in Nigeria once more. We have very fertile soils.

10 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Vince77(m): 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Explorers i love your threads. Its always very different from every other rubbish on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by michlins(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2018
Nature is so smart
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Tamarapetty(f): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2018
Not a fan of apple, buh this is biriful

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Emerikoss: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2018
Chai, why is this fruit costly in Naija?
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Vianna(f): 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
Emerikoss:
Chai, why is this fruit costly in Naija?
Over here, there are hardly mango trees except in greenhouses just like in Nigeria and you might be lucky to find the trees in places like California and Florida due to the tropical climate of these cities. Mangos are expensive than apples due to importing.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
Explorers:
* Stale (October, 2017)

Picking apples can be a painstaking job lasting several weeks.

But at this orchard, nature has done the farmers’ work for them in one night.

Tens of thousands of the fruit were blown from the trees by a devastating storm blowing wind at 100mph.

But as luck would have it, the windfalls did not end up bruised and useless because the orchard was flooded as a result of the bad weather.

Instead, the apples’ fall was cushioned and they weregently and neatly deposited on the ground, in perfect condition, as the waters receded.

The owners of the orchard, in Clonmel, County Tipperary, Ireland, had been fearing the worst as the powerful remnants of Hurricane Ophelia battered the British Isles.

But instead of a scene of devastation, farmers were surprised to find the trees still standing and the fruit that usually has to be picked lying neatly on the ground in a massive and evenly-spread pile.

Only a fraction of the crop remained on the branches to be picked by hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5018057/Apples-carpet-floor-orchard-Storm-Ophelia.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Chai!
This is a HUGE LOSS to someone o... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 29, 2018
These photos are beautiful works of art. Artists like me love seeing things like this.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Unlimited22: 5:47am On Aug 29, 2018
Vince77:
Explorers i love your threads. Its always very different from every other rubbish on this forum.
God will bless you for this. Explorers adds a refreshing, new and different dimension to this forum. Many people would have deactivated, but for him.
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Unlimited22: 5:48am On Aug 29, 2018
Mariangeles:
Chai!
This is a HUGE LOSS to someone o... embarassed
Says who?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:49am On Aug 29, 2018
Vince77:

Tnx bro.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Emerikoss: 7:17am On Aug 29, 2018
Vianna:

Over here, there are hardly mango trees except in greenhouses just like in Nigeria and you might be lucky to find the trees in places like California and Florida due to the tropical climate of these cities. Mangos are expensive than apples due to importing.
Over there is where pls?
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Gracespecial101(m): 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
Explorers:

You saying this because you don't work there, work there for one month and apple will be nothing to you.
grin grin
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Gracespecial101(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Imustreturn:
nah you go tire
My brother You sure but e fit be true ooooo cheesy
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Gracespecial101(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
ikeno:

you go even hate to eat apple if you work dia.
Hate ke, not in my linage at all cause something go happen
Re: Thousands Of Apples Carpet Floor An Ochard After Severe Storm In Ireland(Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
Gracespecial101:

My brother You sure but e fit be true ooooo cheesy
lol my hand no dey oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Groundnut / 12 Foods You Should Start Eating For Attractive Muscle / 7 Solid Truths About Eating Cow Skin (ponmo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.