Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) (288 Views)

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN SNAKE ON THE CROSS ( POLE ) AND JESUS CHRIST ON THE CROSS / Why Does Glory Dome Have No Cross Of Christ On The Building Or At The Altar ? / How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) by Thenewtruth: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2018
We have heard severally how Christ died on the cross because God loved the world and He wanted him to take the sins of the world away which leads to 3 head-scratching questions.

1. Since the death of Christ what sin(s) has been taken away? Every single sin that was in existence in his time is still here with us and one can even argue it's worse now than then.

2. So what love is displayed? No single sin was taken away so where is the love?

3. So why would God killed him to show his love to us? People died virtually everyday for his name sake, why is Christ death different?

1 Like

Re: Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:01am On Aug 28, 2018
NL association of atheist right now...

[img]https://media1./images/839cc3895c9a8db3b7035b8712715cf0/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) by Blitzerz: 6:13am On Aug 28, 2018
Thenewtruth:
We have heard severally how Christ died on the cross because God loved the world and He wanted him to take the sins of the world away which leads to 3 head-scratching questions.

1. Since the death of Christ what sin(s) has been taken away? Every single sin that was in existence in his time is still here with us and one can even argue it's worse now than then.

2. So what love is displayed? No single sin was taken away so where is the love?

3. So why would God killed him to show his love to us? People died virtually everyday for his name sake, why is Christ death different?

Did the bible literally say its the sin that was taken away?
Or its the consequences of the sin on the soul thats taken away?

And the Bible categorically says "in the last days perilous times shall abound"

So your interpretation is wrong.
Christ death doesnt mean sin will cease.
Re: Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) by enilove(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2018
Thenewtruth:

Op , you did not complete that scriptures :

John 3:16 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If everyone living believes in Jesus and follow his teaching , there won't be sinners :

1.. For those who follow him , every single sin that were ever in existence is wiped away and no longer in their own lives.

2.. The love that is displayed is that instead of everlasting death you have everlasting life.

3... God did not kill Jesus . Jesus decided to kill himself to save us from death because Second death which is everlasting has no power over him :

John 10:17-18 KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. [18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Let Your Pastor Take You To Hell / How Pastor Connived With Fake Soldier To Defraud Church Members Of N118million / How To See Ghosts(holy Ghost) Or Visitors In Your Room(angels)....meth!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.