Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy (23573 Views)

Kano Government Reacts To Video Of Governor Ganduje 'Receiving Bribe' / "Kwankwaso Behind Video Of Governor Ganduje Receiving $5m Bribe" - CSOs / Yakubu Nagoda Resigns As Special Assistant To Governor Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by engrkaz(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Brewing is not just about beer.
There are breweries that use millet, soghum, wheat to produce non alcoholic beverages.

Beer is one of the many by-products.

Do you not know that bread is also made from sorghum and wheat? Tuwondawa is millet.

Get sense!
Salam bro....what % of NB's income is from non alcoholic brewing? Tho I am not against Kano receiving such gift from them but don't let us play the brewery isn't just all about beer card....there r less than 3 malt brands on the production line of NB but they have Gulder, Star, Heineken, 33 export lager, legend extra stout, Ace roots, etc....A lager % of their income is from the sale of alcohol which is haram...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by pezeji(m): 8:51am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

There are breweries that use millet, soghum, wheat to produce non alcoholic beverages.

Do you not know that bread is also made from sorghum and wheat? Tuwondawa is millet.

Get sense!
so, Nigerian breweries no dey produce beer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by gurunlocker: 8:51am On Aug 28, 2018
These guys are funny and real hypocrite.

You don't want your people to drink alcohol, destroy the ones you see but you can take infrastructure giving to you from the proceed of alcohol?

What's that called?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by israelmao(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2018
Mallam Ganduje, I see!
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by RZArecta2(m): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Gbam tongue
sad please convert to 33 or big stout. Tenk

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!

Are you saying that when they demand taxes, they make it clear that they only want taxes on malt drinks only?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by xtervaganza(m): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2018
You want to enjoy their money but you call their products haram.

Backwards animals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Midastorch(m): 8:59am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!

Brother, we have alot of educated illiterates roaming Naija streets, it's just so pathetic.... Their faith doesn't allow them drink alcohol, that's not a big deal....... And they laid more emphasis on "MALTINA".....dunno why our pig brothers see fault in almost everything....
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by newjosboy: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

Just maltina? The same state that destroys beer bottles. What is NBL corporate social responsibility to other states,especially Lagos and all eastern states.

It Maiduguri, Yobe and Jigawa that destroy beer. Not Kano. We that live there know this.
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Gerrard59(m): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

Are you saying that when they demand taxes, they make it clear that they only want taxes on malt drinks only?

grin grin
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:17am On Aug 28, 2018
Mynd44:

98%?

Stop this sir.

Nigerians breweries makes 25 products and 7 of that representing 28% are non alcoholic.

That is without examines which sells more because Maltina, Amstel Malta and Fayrouz sells more that some of the alcoholic brands they make.
Maltina n co sells more than beer?
In North or the entire Nigeria?
Haaaaaa. Mynd44 you too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!

A survey of the full possibility of products isnt that important. Beer is the chief revenue contributor for NBC plc to be specific. Even if u graph it, their profits are closely tied to beer market conditions and policies.

Imagine a whole company suffering 5 percent decline in revenue and 22 percent decline in profit from shifts in the equilibrium price of beer due to tax engendered price hikes. What does that tell u of the x-y relationship. Do u need a pearsons correlation coefficient to determine the importance of such a causality ?

Bread, tuwonwada and whatever are not quite as important to the NBC bottomline as u made it seem in ur comment. The money used for whatever CSR is eh, how do I put it ; beer money. Lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by ehissi(m): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2018
Mynd44:

98%?

Stop this sir.

Nigerians breweries makes 25 products and 7 of that representing 28% are non alcoholic.

That is without examines which sells more because Maltina, Amstel Malta and Fayrouz sells more that some of the alcoholic brands they make.

This is a Clear violation of Rule 8 of Nairaland.... angry

So Maltina, Fayrouz (I cannot remember the last time I saw fayrouz for depot) and Amstel Malt sell pass Star and star lite, Gulder, Legend extra stout, hieneken, Goldberg?

Take am easy naaaa....... undecided

Wait!!! No don't take it easy...... angry

Oya ban yourself by yourself....... grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Kalapizim(m): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!
see Finishing o
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by edibobo: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2018
You see life ? Nigerian Breweries robbed Peter to pay Paul. These guys do not drink beer and they are now benefitting while those patronising them are deprived. This is injustice by Nigerian Breweries Plc. Let everyone stops drinking beer and see how you will make profit to sponsor those idiots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by uboma(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2018
Mynd44:

98%?

Stop this sir.

Noted. Thank you for providing the correct statistics.

All th same, why accept gifts from NB PLC that about 72% of its products are alcoholic beverages?

Does this go down well with Islam?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by chloride6: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2018
Mynd44:

98% ?

Stop this sir.

Can you drink 3 bottles of maltina at a sitting with fish?

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by uboma(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
Maltina n co sells more than beer? In North or the entire Nigeria? Haaaaaa. Mynd44 you too?

Beer sells more in the northern region of Nigeria.

Even Mynd44 cannot deny this....

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by uboma(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2018
Dasuks:

A survey of the full possibility of products isnt that important. Beer is the chief revenue contributor for NBC plc to be specific. Even if u graph it, their profits are closely tied to beer market conditions and policies.

Imagine a whole company suffering 5 percent decline in revenue and 22 percent decline in profit from shifts in the equilibrium price of beer due to tax engendered price hikes. What does that tell u of the x-y relationship. Do u need a pearsons correlation coefficient to determine the importance of such a causality ?

Bread, tuwonwada and whatever are not quite as important to the NBC bottomline as u made it seem in ur comment. The money used for whatever CSR is eh, how do I put it ; beer money. Lol.

Very true
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2018
Nwaforj44:
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has commended Nigerian Breweries Plc over its intervention in the education sector in the state, saying it has made his job easier.

Ganduje spoke while taking possession of a block of eight classrooms, furniture, library and books at the Government Technical College, Gwale, donated by Nigerian Breweries Plc.

In a goodwill message, the Emir of Kano, His Royal Highness Muhammadu Sanusi II, said Nigerian Breweries has added value to Kano people through its corporate social responsibility platform, adding “Maltina is no doubt our pride in CSR and other corporate bodies in Kano State should follow suit.”

Responding, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian Breweries Plc, Mr. Jordi Bel, said: “Kano State occupies a special place in the planning of Nigerian Breweries. We are proud to be a veritable partner to Kano State.

“Kano is special to us, as it supports us towards achieving success. Kano is home to Maltina in the North. And this is our fourth educational project in five years in Kano.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/nigerian-breweries-makes-my-job-easy.html
And yet Alcohol is illegal n against sharia laws in the same kano state.
HYPOCRISY AT IT'S SUMMIT.
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by nnokwa042(m): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!
oga nigeria breweries are the makers of star lager beer guilder origin all alcoholic drinks ,is like one saying he or she dont eat dog meat but uses his or her mouth to share the dog meat for children make northerners dey fool dem selves

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by shedy03(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2018
aolawale025:

Its the beer they don't drink. But they enjoy the taxes and CSR
Who say they don't drink?
U never jam a Hausa Fulani man/woman that drinks.
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by komols856: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2018
Just imagine Nigeria breweries trying to soften their heart with CSR where they are not even welcome. they destroy their beer worth millions of naira there. Nigeria breweries has never done any CSR in the state where people patronise their business. Hypocrisy of the highest order. for this injustice as from today I never drink any of their products again until they extend their CSR to other states. nonsense.
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Cherez: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2018
Mynd44:

98%?

Stop this sir.

A mod claiming what he has no clue about.
Bros, over 80% of NB's revenue is from the alchohol they sell.
The math isn't by no of brands they've got but the demand and supply of each brand.
Before INBEV came NB has about 90% of it's revenue from beer
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Dpharisee: 11:12am On Aug 28, 2018
It will still not stop Hisbah Police from doing this angry

Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!
Hypocrisy is when you forbid beer but enjoy taxes (VAT, Excise duties, corporate income tax) from same beer. It is akin to forbidding pork but you smoke the dungs. Senseless and lifelessundecided
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by freeze001(f): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2018
englishmart:
Has your useless sharia law been fair to them?
If we wan take bear for core northern areas, we dey hide like say na drugs .

Unfortunately it is not NBC that is affected. It is the common Nigerians who are distributors, dealers, retailers and consumers of the NBC products that get raided and arrested with their goods destroyed. Those goods would have already been paid for and supplied by the NBC.

It is only if the state government intends to or succeeds in suspending its licence that the NBC will have something to be worried about except perhaps for slightly reduced patronage by customers.
Re: Governor Ganduje: Nigerian Breweries Makes My Job Easy by freeze001(f): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Get sense!

Brewing may not be just about beer but NBC is all about brewing. Is bread brewed or baked? NBC is not a bakery and neither does it produce tuwondawa! Any fund expended by the NBC on any project is sourced mainly from its alcoholic brands and that is the hypocrisy people are trying to point out. Kano in the name of islam/sharia supposedly hates and destroys alcohol yet accepts its proceeds through taxes and CSR.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled / Osita Chidoka Matriculates At Baze University (Photo) / Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N9.06bn On Food, Travel, Cars, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.