Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Head-scratching Question 4(the Attempted Killing Of Baby Jesus) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Head-scratching Question 4(the Attempted Killing Of Baby Jesus) (234 Views)

What Happened To Me When I Attempted A Forty-day Dry Fast In The Wilderness / Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Head-scratching Question 4(the Attempted Killing Of Baby Jesus) by Thenewtruth: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2018
1. Was Herod stupid? How did Herod know a star far away in the sky can be found in Bethlehem?

2. How did he know the star the three wise men saw doesn't signified something else?

3. Why killed scores of children in Bethlehem when you are not sure where the star exact location was?
Re: Head-scratching Question 4(the Attempted Killing Of Baby Jesus) by enilove(m): 7:38am On Aug 28, 2018
Thenewtruth:
1. Was Herod stupid? How did Herod know a star far away in the sky can be found in Bethlehem?

2. How did he know the star the three wise men saw doesn't signified something else?

3. Why killed scores of children in Bethlehem when you are not sure where the star exact location was?

Your problem is that you read for the reading sake like someone reading a novel.

The answers to these 3 questions can be found in that very scriptures :

Matthew 2:2-5,7-8 KJV
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. [3] When Herod the king had heard these things , he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. [4] And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. [5] And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, [7] Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. [8] And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him , bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

1... Herod did not know , the 3 wise men told him.

2... It is this generation that lacks such knowledge and wisdom. The ancient people knew all that:

Genesis 37:9-11 KJV
And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
[10] And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
[11] And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.

3.. He was sure because he enquired and was told where.

(1) (Reply)

Awareness / I Can Easily Forgive But Not To Forget Anything Wrong? / Simple Questions Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.