Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept (39102 Views)

AFCON: Aliou Cisse Hospitalized After Cameroon Game / Benjamin Mendy Said He Slept With 10,000 Women, Court Hears / Diego Maradona Hospitalized After Finger Salute In Argentina's Win Over Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by timota(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2018
thesicilian:
It still amazes me how one can sleep so deeply to the extent that a rodent will chew off part of your body without you waking up.

the rat blows before eating ones leg,that time it will be as if your leg is in air conditioner and the sleep will be very sweet. This type of rat is call ikpequok eka ekpu.

1 Like

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by DrObum(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
thesicilian:
It still amazes me how one can sleep so deeply to the extent that a rodent will chew off part of your body without you waking up.
He has peripheral neuropathy from his type 1 diabetes, which means that he had lost the sensations on the said leg.
So, would not feel a thing even if you stab him there.

1 Like

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Rotji(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
thesicilian:

Bros you no hear the story of how rats dey chop feet dey blow cool air there so you enjoy the chopping until they comot before reality go nack you for head?! undecided grin cry
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by stanisbaratheon: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
Millenniumlady:
I just find this funny cheesy

Yeah it's funny but dangerous at the same time. #Rabies alert.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by ladygudhead(f): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
They came late.When he has already retired that is when they want to chop him leg...lol!
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Onyxnaija: 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
thesicilian:

He’s diabetic! Reduced sensation and circulation are all part of the picture.

1 Like

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by 9gerian: 3:15pm On Aug 28, 2018
No pls!

Never heard of any such case in Nigeria getting to the bone shocked

Guys beware, even the rats demonstrate Xenophobia grin

donbachi:
Must be nigerian rats..lol
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by elotajohn1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
Josh44s:
Long mouth rat. Very stinky and deadly

It resulted in my mum's death in May
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by DonaTee(f): 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
generationz:
Jesus Christ

I kept twisting my toes in disgust while reading this

how can a rat feast onn your flesh without your feeling the pain?

The rat is skillful in that and blows u cook air as it chews away so u don't feel it much.

Meanwhile he has diabetes and this impairs sensation in the limbs especially that so much so they can step on a nail and won't know they have a wound till dey discover the bleeding or when the legs gets swollen n all that.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2018
what? shocked maybe his leg smells of fish.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by thesicilian: 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2018
Onyxnaija:

He’s diabetic! Reduced sensation and circulation are all part of the picture.
Oh. Didn't see that part where they mentioned that before.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by thesicilian: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2018
Rotji:

Bros you no hear the story of how rats dey chop feet dey blow cool air there so you enjoy the chopping until they comot before reality go nack you for head?! undecided grin cry
Hahaha
Used to hear that story back in the day but never believed it.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by kearls: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2018
I can't remember how many time rat has eaten my feet and hands but still we nvr go hospital for rat bit.oyebo !!!!
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Tejiriseth(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2018
come nor carry blame Africa.. You must be living in A dirty environment. Nor con Tarnish Africa Image Abeg you
mretchie:
Former England and Tottenham defender Gary Mabbutt said a rat ate part of his foot while he was asleep on holiday in South Africa.

The 57-year-old was forced to fly back to the UK for surgery and spent a week in hospital. Mabbutt, who has 16 caps for England, has type 1 diabetes and has little feeling in his feet.

The incident happened six weeks ago when he was visiting his daughter, who is working at the Kruger National Park. "I've gone to sleep and during the night a rat has come into the bedroom, climbed into the bed and has decided to chew on my foot," he said.

"It's made quite a big hole in my toe, going down to the bone, and ate underneath my foot. It bit my daughter's thumb first in the other bedroom, and then she came into me and said 'Dad, something's bitten me'. Being in Africa, you think of snakes and scorpions."

READ MORE: https://gossiploud.com/?p=6756&preview=true

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Godaboveall2: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
Joemetry:
WHEREAS MANY NAIRALANDERS ARE SHARING APARTMENTS WITH FAT ASS RATS AND NOTHING DE HAPPEN.
grin
My brother see D Big, Mighty, God!!!
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Joemetry(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2018
Godaboveall2:

My brother see D Big, Mighty, God!!!

Na true ooo.
FAT GOD...
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by youngdopeboy: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2018
generationz:
Jesus Christ

I kept twisting my toes in disgust while reading this

how can a rat feast onn your flesh without your feeling the pain?
I was of the same taught with you until mine got chewed too,,,, head they softly chew nd blow breeze simultaneously..... dem go dey blow breeze dey chew small small LOL u won't know
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by mubeela(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

oyinbo rat or Nigerian rat?
Both. Bt nt sure abt d 1s dat pursue our dear president 4rm office grin
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by harrybally(m): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
so he is lying there lifeless or helpless
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by mechanics(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lolz, funny, he will recover.
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Josh44s(m): 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
elotajohn1:

It resulted in my mum's death in May

You are joking? shocked

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Lizopril(f): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2018
thesicilian:

Modified: Didn't notice the diabetes part initially. Thank you all who felt the need to point that out, in whatever way you deemed it best!
that's because he had diabetes, he will feel less pain...
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by elotajohn1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
Josh44s:

You are joking? shocked

I'm seriously serious, she was bitten by rat and the next thing it resulted to decays and after surgery, she died that same night
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by elotajohn1(m): 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
Josh44s:

You are joking? shocked

I'm serious
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Josh44s(m): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2018
elotajohn1:

I'm seriously serious, she was bitten by rat and the next thing it resulted to decays and after surgery, she died that same night

Blood of Jesus shocked My condolence bro embarassed
Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by Slimsly100(f): 12:34am On Aug 30, 2018
thesicilian:

Modified: Didn't notice the diabetes part initially. Thank you all who felt the need to point that out, in whatever way you deemed it best!

Rat never visit it fingers or toes before na im make u dey talk like this. When chewing on a sleeping person's finger or toes, it fans out cold air on the place so u won't feel the pain. grin that na expert rat

1 Like

Re: Gary Mabutt Hospitalized After Rats Ate His Legs While He Slept by elotajohn1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2018
Josh44s:

Blood of Jesus shocked My condolence bro embarassed

Thanks, God surely knows the best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Claude Makelele Has No Time For Paul Pogba’s Goal Celebrations. (check Picture B / Wilfred Ndidi And Karim Adeyemi Donate To Maracana Stadium, Ajegunle (Photos). / AFCON 2012 Final: Zambia Vs Ivory Coast (8 - 7)Pens On 12th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.