Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

England Defender Gary Cahill Retires From International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Defender Gary Cahill Retires From International Football (349 Views)

Former Chelsea Defender Gary Cahill Joins Crystal Palace / Javier Mascherano Retires From International Football / Hull City Ryan Mason May Have To Quit Football After Collision With Gary Cahill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

England Defender Gary Cahill Retires From International Football by Sportdab(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
SportDab.com.ng

England Defender Gary Cahill has announced his retirement from international football following the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The 32-year-old made only one appearance during England's impressive world Cup campaign, spending majority of the tournament  on the substitutes bench.

In an interview with Chelsea's official app, The 5th Stand, Cahill said:

'I think it's time that I take a step back now. It's the right moment to do that.

'I've been hugely proud of what I've achieved, over 60 caps, I've captained my country on a few occasions, which has been a huge honour and something I've been really proud of.

'At the same time, in your football career you never want to shut a door completely, I've been hugely honoured to play for my country and if I'm ever needed, I'm there.'

Cahill has ended his career with England scoring 5 goals and having 1 assist in 61 caps for the Three Lions.

Source:>>>https://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/08/england-defender-gary-cahill-retires.html

cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Champions League Draw / Free Tips, Get Free Membership / "I Want To Be Remembered Like Mohamed Ali" - Serena Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.