Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Am Not Afarid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Not Afarid (236 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am Not Afarid by Dejikohen: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2018
AM NOT AFARID
Adewumi Adedeji (Nigeria)
I'm not afraid of Boko-Haram and Fulani herdsmen
I'm afraid of the man that sends my brothers and sisters to war without adequate intelligence and weapon,
I'm afraid of the company that uses this menace to increases revenue and tax reduction mechanism
I'm afraid of the politician that use this menace for campaign.

I'm not afraid of Religion, ethnicity and tribalism
I'm afraid of the man that won't allow me marry his daughter because am kanuri and she is Ijaw,
I'm afraid of the University that won't grant me admission because am not from it's catchment area regardless of my jamb score.
I'm afraid of the boss that won't promote me because we don't share the religious sentiment.

I'm not afraid of the politician that travels abroad for his medical treatment,
I'm afraid of the one that does so on tax-payers expense
I'm afraid of the governor that won't pay doctors and nurses salaries causes them to strike
I'm afraid of the Nurse that sells drugs meant for public hospitals to private hospitals just to buy Aso-ebi.

I'm not afraid of the politician that sends his sons and daughters abroad to school
I'm afraid of the one that took history out of our syllabus,
I'm afraid of the professor(s) of history that watch this tragedy happens.
I'm afraid of the lecturer that won't pass me because I did not buy his hand-out
I'm afraid of the teacher that sends me to her house to fetch water while her daughter learns in class

I'm not afraid of unemployment
I'm afraid of the governor that hasn't paid civil servants for twenty-two months.
I'm afraid of of the firms that ask for 7 years experience with masters degree and professional certifications not more than 24 years old,
I'm afraid of the bank that ask me to meet a target of #10 million in two weeks only to pay me #50,000 at the end of the month.

I'm not afraid of election,
I'm afraid of the senators that sleeps on the Senate floors or the one that dance around town.
I'm afraid of the woman that sells her vote for #5,000
I'm afraid of the young man that won't hesitate to injure me because I won't say sai Baba or power to the people.

I'm not afarid of accidents or bad road
I'm afraid of the local government chairman that drives on the same road in his hummer
I'm afraid of the senator that approval budget for that same road annually.

I'm not afraid of shaking tables
I'm afraid of keeping silence

I'm not afraid of the one that can kill my body
I'm afraid of he that can kill my soul and body.

Adewumi Adedeji.
Writes from Oke-aro ( Ogun-state).
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
#D'PresidentDiary.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Making Humans Endangered Species / DON'T TRUNCATE ABIA CHARTER OF EQUITY~ SURVIVING ABIA FOUNDING FATHER, EZIKPE / 2019: Fela Durotoye Emerges As Presidential Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.