Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Bet Awards 2010 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bet Awards 2010 (836 Views)

Fatal Shooting And Stabbing Cast Shadow Over BET Awards Yesterday / Announcing Naija Facebook Awards 2010! First Of Its Kind In Naija! / VOTE M.I. FOR BET AWARDS BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bet Awards 2010 by hermosa(f): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
There's only one word that i can use to describe the Bet awards which took place at the Shrine, los Angeles , DRAMA-H!!! everyone from A-listers Queen Latifah, Diddy, Eminem, Trey Songz, Kanye, Alicia Keys, Black-Eyed Peas and newly karate kid star Jaden Smith and his sis, Willow to the Infamous stars like Chris Brown, Prince, Brandy, Ray-j and so much more.
It was definitely a night to behold, and i'm not just talking about the tearful performance of 'man in the mirror' by Chris Brown, and I'm telling you, oh, was it a tearful, melo-over-the-top dramatic performance, Nigga was balling his eyes out like he never thought the day would come when he'd get to do a tribute for Micheal (talk about the woman-beater crying over the aquitted)
And did y'all see Willow's hair style? she had the sides of her hair shaven, and then did braids in the front, it was kinda cute, maybe a bit too grown up, but what was up with the Rihanna-inspired jacket on both her and momma Jada Pinkett Smith?!! i was like, 'nuh-huh, too much.' speaking of out-fits, i almost died of laughter when Prince came out to receive his lifetime achievement award in pj's, wtf?!! seriously, Prince, was there nothing in your closet that you coulda worn to the BET's??!! who can blame the dude, he affected lives, and for the better, and i loved his speech, short and healthy, as short as his height, and healthy like his skin, his face was just glowing, my skin don't even glow that good, must be all the achievements award, he been getting.
All in all it was a good night, other winners on the night included Lil Wayne’s protege Nicki Minaj, who took Best Female Hip-Hop artist, Alicia Keys who took Best Album and Single and Drake, who took Best Male Hip-Hop.
Re: Bet Awards 2010 by hermosa(f): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2010
for more infomation on our boyz M.I and P-Square who were also nominated for best international act award, they didn't get the prize, that went to Dizzy, U.K rap sensation, who apparently a naija boy too, but no matter, we still love. and thnx for putting Naija on the BEt map, we'll soon get to hollywood, mtv, then take over the whole of the music industry (am i being over-optimistic here?)!!
for more go to Bellanaija.com

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robber To Die By Hanging In Osun / Bet President Say Sorry For Chris Brown And Rihanna Award Mix-up / Album Launching...new Rochelle New York.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.