Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode (41393 Views)

2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy / Tinubu: Abdulmalik, Olonisakin, Buratai, Others Visit Lagos, Meets Lagos Speaker / Sunday Igboho Finally Arrives Lagos, Meets Afenifere (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by omo1478(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2018
Trying to mortgage nigeria again
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
OBTMOS:
The way all this super power are flooding this part of the world of recent, I smell they have a binding agenda
They come because they see you as people of value. If you were as worthless as some idiots think of themselves no one would visit.

No one goes to visit those who have nothing to entertain them with.

1 Like

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by OtunbaDon(m): 6:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
All these people are our problems from ancient times
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
omo1478:
Trying to mortgage nigeria again
We seriously need to learn to take responsibility!

It is we, the people, who can mortgage Nigeria. If we don't want it mortgaged, we do something about it!
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
OtunbaDon:
All these people are our problems from ancient times
Which people?

1 Like

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by patrickcollins: 6:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
This is a wonderful development, western powers coming to Nigeria to discuss trade and strategic partnership, abeg when is Trump visiting Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Liveair: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ijaya123:
Nice.

The only reason Theresa May is in Nigeria is to negotiate trade deal and sign bilateral agreements with regards to post-Brexit UK era. She is simply here for what they can get. Our leaders too should use the opportunity to negotiate favourable deals to our advantage and and not be subservient.

It is all about self interest. Nothing more, nothing less.

Them know that one?
My brother, look around you, how many sound people do you see? Our leaders are form this stock.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by eurogee: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ambode or whatever he calls himself should be ashamed of his performance so far. He's even ashamed of himself over how dirty Lagos of all people has been turned to under his regime. Lagos that Fashola made a reference point in all ramifications has been reduced to refuse poo.

Until Yorubas learn to stand against Tinubu's imposition and puppetry politics, Lagos will continue to remain a shitty city in the face gigantuan internally generated revenue.

Fashola refused to be controlled by Tinubu and that was why he succeeded. And that's the genesis of his problems with Tinubu.

Tinubu is a smart politician, of course. He studied it like a course and rarely commits political blunder. He knew people was with Fashola in 2011. If he had attempted to drop Fashola in 2011, he would have been reduced to nothing politically by now. He knew that if he had stood against Fashola, Fashola would have won the guber election irrespective of the party that fielded him. So he played along, even against his wishes, to continue to answer godfather.

Eastern political godfathers would have done otherwise, and be reduced to nothing. This was how Orji Uzor Kalu became irrelevant politically in Abia state.

Just visited Lagos after 6 years and can't believe what I am seeing...so dirty, all roads Fashola built so bad.

Ambode should be ashamed of himself in the face of British Prime Minister!

1 Like

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by deleo16(m): 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ijaya123:
Nice.

The only reason Theresa May is in Nigeria is to negotiate trade deal and sign bilateral agreements with regards to post-Brexit UK era. She is simply here for what they can get. Our leaders too should use the opportunity to negotiate favourable deals to our advantage and and not be subservient.

It is all about self interest. Nothing more, nothing less.
Exactly
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by phkka1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
Tell Buhari to allow Biafra to exit also.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by D2crown: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
NightKing:
Why not at Abuja?
she come commission an office for VI ni jor
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Ijaya123: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Liveair:

Them know that one?
My brother, look around you, how many sound people do you see? Our leaders are form this stock.

Too many to mention.

We just tend to feel like we are inferior to the western people. Maybe second time mentality syndrome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by sayisayi(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2018
Lifeless meets lifeless
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ijaya123:

Too many to mention.

We just tend to feel like we are inferior to the western people. Maybe second time mentality syndrome.
Smart people look in the mirror and see their superior selves. The inferior one's tend not to have a mirror, it seems.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Churchill1212: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
NightKing:
Why not at Abuja?
No sense here
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Ijaya123: 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
budaatum:

Smart people look in the mirror and see their superior selves. The inferior one's tend not to have a mirror, it seems.

Maybe it is the mirror you're looking at that gives you such images. Many smart people abound in this land.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by enemyofprogress: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
They always like to come our place and not developer's place grin grin
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by SUNDICOS(m): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by vioment: 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nigeria is a dirty country for real. See dirty concrete. She go just dey rush to leave.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by ogbonti: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2018
If Nigeria has any decency as a country, if her leaders are honest in the minutest iorta, this is a rare opportunity for Nigeria to ask Britain to return all the stolen artefacts e.g. the Queen Idia / Festac bronze head from the ancient Benin Kingdom and other kingdoms in colonial Nigeria they raided with impunity.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by enemyofprogress: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
They always like to come our place because we are very very hospitality and accomodation unlike the developers grin grin
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by soundforce: 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
NightKing:
Why not at Abuja?

She don't want to be received by a lifeless president. She prefers a living dog to a dead lion.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by OBTMOS(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2018
budaatum:

They come because they see you as people of value. If you were as worthless as some idiots think of themselves no one would visit.

No one goes to visit those who have nothing to entertain them with.
and they are coming to take this value since we can't make use of it
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
adigun27:
Welcome ma plss visit kogi and ondo state u will weep for Nigeria leader is me adigun1
count my state out. Nothing is wrong with Ondo state. Our only problem is BEDC.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Arkayn: 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
iammo:
Lagos, cool western powers are really observing Lagos economic trajectory

Why do we always care or need their approval to do what is good for us? Who gives an F what western powers think? Nigerians should build and grow their economy because it is the right thing to do in the interest of Nigerians.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by Temptee101(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Aldebaran:
Auntie Theresa May May decide to come back to Nigeria in May next year grin
This May, May may visit naija

1 Like

Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by iammo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
Arkayn:

Why do we always care or need their approval to do what is good for us? Who gives an F what western powers think? Nigerians should build and grow their economy because it is the right thing to do in the interest of Nigerians.

no one is an island, with 20 cargo load of our crude laying in international market without buyers we need them, and with UK cutting ties with EU, they need big luxury spender like us for their market, and cheap labour from us(doctors nurses chef etc).
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by oblaak(m): 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
adigun27:
Welcome ma plss visit kogi and ondo state u will weep for Nigeria leader is me adigun1
LOL. You're funny ooo. What do you expect her to do when she visits?
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 4:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Ijaya123:

Maybe it is the mirror you're looking at that gives you such images. Many smart people abound in this land.
There's nothing wrong with my mirror. That's why I see a smart person when I look in it. I see them all around me too. I think it's kind a like, likes attracting like.

It is those who don't see at least one smart person when looking in the mirror that aren't the smart one's. If they were, they'd at least see their smart self's.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 4:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by budaatum: 4:27am On Aug 30, 2018
OBTMOS:
and they are coming to take this value since we can't make use of it
No one comes to take our 'value'. Some of our 'value' begs for permission, freely buys a ticket, gets on a plane and flies over to them. And if our 'value' is denied permission, it walks through the desert, gets on a deathtrap of a boat and prays their lifeguards pick it up before it drinks the Mediterranean dry.

Since we can't make use of it. Least not all of it, yet.
Re: Theresa May In Lagos. Meets Ambode by anigold(m): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2018
Ivimilly:
Why do I smell major exploitation angry angry angry
me too I smell another round of ass licking colonization..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: Buhari On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Hot Seat / Bayelsa Election: APC Cars Spotted In The Streets Of Bayelsa(photos) / Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.