Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,701 members, 7,834,336 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

NLNG Remits $6.5b As Tax To FIRS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NLNG Remits $6.5b As Tax To FIRS (4442 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / GTBank Records 9% Decline in Profit After Tax to ₦45.5Bn in Q1 2020 / GIGM To FIRS: Expunge Our Name From List Of Tax Defaulters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: NLNG Remits $6.5b As Tax To FIRS by airsaylongcon: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
deepwater:

Truth is that the market for the steel is not in Africa.
Where do u want to sell the steel from ajaokuta?

Export to Asia? At what cost? When they have it there already? Nobody is investing in that poo mill in Nigeria.

You don't create a market before consumption. You create consumption before the market

Until we start intensive steel usage in West Africa, any steel mill is waste of time.

If the entire steel needs for the oil and gas industry was being met locally won't that be a market next in our back yard?
Re: NLNG Remits $6.5b As Tax To FIRS by deepwater(f): 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
airsaylongcon:

If the entire steel needs for the oil and gas industry was being met locally won't that be a market next in our back yard?

Good question bro
But you missed something.
Where does the major construction/fabrication for the Nigeria oil and gas industry takes place? ASIA, Oga ASIA!!!!!
What is the cost implication of sending the steels down to asia when you have same readily available over there?
You simply overshoot the project cost and make the business unattractive.

Until we industrialize Nigeria, we should not be discussing steel business.

As we talk, how many dry docks do we have in Nigeria? or even fabrication yard capable of handling just a 33m boat.

NIMASA just went into agreement with DAMEN to get a tiny dry dock, same is tied up at Marina jetty lagos, while i may agree that is a baby step i would insist that such is not the right direction to go.

Before i forget, how do we intend to power the fabrication yards? NEPA? PHCN? Charlie we need to wake up

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Remits $6.5b As Tax To FIRS by airsaylongcon: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2018
deepwater:

Good question bro
But you missed something.
Where does the major construction/fabrication for the Nigeria oil and gas industry takes place? ASIA, Oga ASIA!!!!!
What is the cost implication of sending the steels down to asia when you have same readily available over there?
You simply overshoot the project cost and make the business unattractive.

Until we industrialize Nigeria, we should not be discussing steel business.

As we talk, how many dry docks do we have in Nigeria? or even fabrication yard capable of handling just a 33m boat.

NIMASA just went into agreement with DAMEN to get a tiny dry dock, same is tied up at Marina jetty lagos, while i may agree that is a baby step i would insist that such is not the right direction to go.

Before i forget, how do we intend to power the fabrication yards? NEPA? PHCN? Charlie we need to wake up

For some reason I'm enjoying the back and forth between me and you. My first contact with DSC was in the 1980s when production was year round. The plant (site as it was called) never shutdown. If we had positioned ourselves then we won't be where we are. DSC had 24 hours electricity. However even now even if its only the entire pipeline needs that were met locally, I believe we would have been able sustain the two steel plants

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Opening Access Bank Account / Free Virtual Card For Verifying Paypal, Facebook Etc / How Do I Fund My Perfect Money Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.