Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. (1143 Views)

Music Video Ayo - I'm Gonna Dance / Truth Tuesday: I’m Not A Hater, Your Song/video Just Sucked / Never Judge A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by SexnLasGid: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2010
Let me start by saying this: The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent other www.sexandlasgidi.com admins or author’s view in any way. Quite frankly. If you are offended by bluntness…, please stop reading… NOW. If not, please continue……

Some people may say ” You’re hating. We are recognized, we are going somewhere and you can’t even support us.” But the point is this. ” We can’t keep settling for the bullshit. If we can’t stand for anything, we will fall for everything.”

After watching the BET awards, I woke up and realized that I’d lost 3 hours of my life that I can never get back. Granted there were some great performances and all (Chris Brown), but I admit the only reason I watched was to see M.I and PSquare. Needless to say, they never showed them beyond the red carpet pre-show interview(sucks, but understandable). What really ticked me off was hearing all these Nigerians saying that they’ve been bamboozled by how BET did not show the nominations. I’m like, “Are you effing serious?”,

Read more Here: http://www.sexandlasgidi.com/2010/06/im-gonna-speak-my-mind-1/
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Travelista(f): 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2010
BET has been crap for years; look at the people they're giving awards to and that should tell you something.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Genuflect(m): 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2010
How many people, apart from Nigerians, know P-Square or MI? Nigerians can't just look at the whole picture. Not that I'm justifying what BET did or anything but I'm surprised that people are actually surprised. Award shows have always been about hierarchy and stuff. A friend of mine who got nominated for an MTV My Video award (he actually won), almost regretted attending the award ceremony. They were treated so badly. The same applies here. When people don't know you, they'll treat you exactly the same way
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by 04kaa: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

A friend of mine who got nominated for an MTV My Video award (he actually won), almost regretted attending the award ceremony. They were treated so badly. The same applies here. When people don't know you, they'll treat you exactly the same way

thats life genu, people should get used to it, even nigerian artists treat themselves like that,, have u noticed Vip section and popular side, ??lmao. some people are daft. how can u mistreat someone that u dont even know.?
me i no dey kuku go those foolish awards, except na something wey i enjoy, and u no suppose allow any idiot treat u like thrash, u dont need to send them. BET awards my foot. na una get time dey go there.sef. grin
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by obinna5000(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
Whether P-Square won or not, the BET awards is still crap just like Source awards.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Genuflect(m): 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
04kaa:

thats life genu, people should get used to it, even nigerian artists treat themselves like that,, have u noticed Vip section and popular side, ??lmao.   some people are daft. how can u mistreat someone that u dont even know.?
me i no dey kuku go those foolish awards, except na something wey i enjoy, and u no suppose allow any  treat u like thrash, u dont need to send them. BET awards my foot.  na una get time dey go there.sef. grin
Lol. You be fool, 04kaa. It's going to get better but much more work needs to be done. Most artists go through this. It's just an indication that much work is to be done. But we are definitely in the right direction
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by chiogo(f): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2010
Americans are generally, umm, conceited people, for lack of a better word. If you aren't doing things their way, they don't care about you. The BET awards has always been wack anyway, any wacko can get an award. I wouldn't worry too much if I were these people, maybe the Grammy's is worth crying over.

@Poster, yeah they should stop taking the bullshit. But who doesn't want international recognition? If America doesn't recognize you, you aren't "internationally known" yet, technically. I guess Africa isn't enough.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by 04kaa: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

Lol. You be fool, 04kaa. It's going to get better but much more work needs to be done. Most artists go through this. It's just an indication that much work is to be done. But we are definitely in the right direction

genu you nor get respect , shey na me ur egbon you dey call fool? u know know say i old pass u lol grin grin
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by eldee(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

How many people, apart from Nigerians, know P-Square or MI? Nigerians can't just look at the whole picture. Not that I'm justifying what BET did or anything but I'm surprised that people are actually surprised. Award shows have always been about hierarchy and stuff. A friend of mine who got nominated for an MTV My Video award (he actually won), almost regretted attending the award ceremony. They were treated so badly. The same applies here. When people don't know you, they'll treat you exactly the same way

M.I toured Africa before he made Talk About It, that shows how popular he is outside the country.
I know Congolese guys that don't speak English but know Bizzy Body.
You make it sound like Africa doesn't count.

People like Julio Iglesias and Shakira were gods in Latin America before even stepping into America . . .
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by 04kaa: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

M.I toured Africa before he made Talk About It,

hmm eldee this is the biggest lie of the year, toured africa before talk about it ,?
where do u regard as africa,, na ur villlage??
only psquare has toured africa,. mi has only been to rsa and some other little countries, so u should know those and those you are fooling.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by eldee(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
04kaa:

hmm eldee this is the biggest lie of the year, toured africa before talk about it ,?
where do u regard as africa,, na your villlage??
only psquare has toured africa,. mi has only been to rsa and some other little countries, so u should know those and those you are fooling.

I don't have time to argue.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Genuflect(m): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

M.I toured Africa before he made Talk About It, that shows how popular he is outside the country.
I know Congolese guys that don't speak English but know Bizzy Body.
You make it sound like Africa doesn't count.

People like Julio Iglesias and Shakira were gods in Latin America before even stepping into America . . .
I don't even know whether this is true or not but I was referring to America not Africa
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by 04kaa: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

I don't have time to argue.

if na bouzymill and the other small nl cats now, u priinck go dey strong as u dey e-bully dem ,
u no say me i no be ur mate for nl, me i go e-thwark u. grin grin grin , i will let u rest today , lol. he don tey wey i don bully u online. grin grin
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Genuflect(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2010
04kaa:

if na bouzymill and the other small nl cats now, u priinck go dey strong as u dey e-bully dem ,
u no say me i no be your mate for nl, me i go e-thwark u. grin grin grin , i will let u rest today , lol. he don tey wey i don bully u online. grin grin

LWKMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DEAD*
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by eldee(m): 2:51pm On Jun 29, 2010
Genuflect:

I don't even know whether this is true or not but I was referring to America not Africa

I'm saying being popular in Africa should count, and you saying we shouldn't be surprised is up there with saying it's right.
Even Femi Kuti and Fela faced this thing, but at least that was the Grammys not BET or MOBO.

04kaa:

u no say me i no be your mate for nl, me i go e-thwark u. grin grin grin ,  i will let u rest today , lol. he don tey wey i don bully u online. grin grin

Google is your friend, use it.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by 04kaa: 2:54pm On Jun 29, 2010
genuflirt check ur fb inbox i sent u a mail. try reply sharply grin
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Genuflect(m): 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2010
eldee:

I'm saying being popular in Africa should count, and you saying we shouldn't be surprised is up there with saying it's right.
Even Femi Kuti and Fela faced this thing, but at least that was the Grammys not BET or MOBO
Being popular in Africa only counts in Africa. I am definitely not supporting BET, hell no. These kinda things happen to artists all the time. Even for Naija awards, some artists are not granted seats. Wetin you go come yearn? Or didn't you see the tweet where MI said he was bounced from taking a pix with Ciara? That's unfair too abi? Shior. Just work harder and make them respect you by all means
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by rapjunkie(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2010
04kaa:

u no say me i no be your mate for nl, me i go e-thwark u. grin grin grin ,  i will let u rest today , lol. he don tey wey i don bully u online. grin grin

no mind eldee. . . . if na rapjunkie. . . na so so rapjunkie mama i go dey hear for him dirry mouth
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by tosinaded(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
i can bet other Africans know Psquare than Nigerians
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by bouzymill(m): 4:00am On Jun 30, 2010
04kaa:

if na bouzymill [/b]and the other small nl cats now, u priinck go dey strong as u dey e-bully dem ,
u no say me i no be your mate for nl, me i go e-thwark u. grin grin grin , i will let u rest today , lol. he don tey wey i don bully u online. grin grin

[b]i HEAR YOU OOOOOOOOOOOO. . .
. Na ME BE "SMALL CAT". Na ME DEM DEY E-BULLY. Anywayz,

@The post
Maybe M.I is known throughout Africa or P Square is known all over the world, the point is they still have a long way to go and things can always be different when you are outside the domain you rock. They should be humbled by the nominations and know that if they can be nominated, they can win. Making the nominees list shows to them, they are the hottest (in the eyes of BET) in Africa ad that's enough for now. . . They should keep doing it for the reason they got into it at first. . . It's going to happen anyhow one day.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by abdurrazaq(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2010
Congratulations to the winner though, I would have love Sade or K'naan to win. As for PSquare & MI, there is always another time. Consistency in making good music can actually make them win the award or bigger one in the future.
The only time Africa was treated right @ awards was when Tuface won the 1st Best Africa Act @ MTV Europe Awards. Even Africans are treated are lower artiste at the World Music Awards.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by 04kaa: 11:28am On Jun 30, 2010
rapjunkie:

no mind eldee. . . . if na rapjunkie. . . na so so rapjunkie mama i go dey hear for him dirry mouth

abio junkie, eldee sabi hin mate for here.hin no fit e-bully rapjunkie either grin, because na me train rapjunkie myself grin

bouzymill:

i HEAR YOU OOOOOOOOOOOO.  .   .. Na ME BE "SMALL CAT". Na ME DEM DEY E-BULLY. Anywayz,

grin grin grin grin bouzy.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by ravenzord(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
BET Awards is really substandard anyway, dunno what all the fuss is about .
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by eldee(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
rapjunkie:

You nor dey shame, dem dey call you 'small cat' and you sef dey happy??
O ma go oo.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by rapjunkie(m): 12:23am On Jul 01, 2010
eldee:

You nor dey shame, dem dey call you 'small cat' and you sef dey happy??
O ma go oo.

shut ya stupid mouth retard. . . . .what are u?. . . . a big pu*ssy?. . . . mess u. . . . . . a*sswipe
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 04, 2010
I think u guys shd try to be objective about this whole thing. no emotions. why is it that anytime any american artist is interviewed, the only nigerian artist they know is tuface?
a lot of these other cats(psq, m.i., et al.) are barely known outside the shores of naija/africa.
if it were racial prejudice as some of u wouldput it, femi kuti wud nt get the love he's getting at the grammies.
nuff said, u dont expect them to take the shine(cameras) off their artists, when infact they are the ones being celebrated. yours are just a publicity and marketing stunt to give their shows a global outlook. if u are a businessman, u'd understand grin grin grin grin
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by eldee(m): 1:03pm On Jul 05, 2010
rapjunkie:

shut ya silly mouth retard. . . . .what are u?. . . . a big pu*ssy?. . . . mess u. . . . . . a*sswipe

Is that all?? A lump of incoherent rants??
Come on . . . that's daft, even for your level.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by audio: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2010
Nigerians should just be happy that P Square and MI were even nominated. That is 100% progress. Believe me, the people that matter noticed and they will have surely also noticed the significant rise in viewing figures. But to call the BET awards wack because you waited up to see PSquare and MI is laughable. An awards show is about money and Best international artist will hardly send pulses racing, so it will be done off camera.
I really wish people could do just a bit of research before they open their mouths to chat bullocks. It reflects badly on you
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by bouzymill(m): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2010
audio:

Nigerians should just be happy that P Square and MI were even nominated. That is 100% progress. Believe me, the people that matter noticed and they will have surely also noticed the significant rise in viewing figures.

You are right about this.

audio:

But to call the BET awards wack because you waited up to see PSquare and MI is laughable. An awards show is about money and Best international artist will hardly send pulses racing, so it will be done off camera.
I really wish people could do just a bit of research before they open their mouths to chat bullocks. It reflects badly on you

This is not about seeing them P Square, M.I or whoever for that matter (who even cares if they were absent?).  BET Awards sucks and that's it. Any real and deep music follower would know how suck the BET Awards is. They call some names and you want to puke!

You don't need too much research to know Dizzie Rascal don''t just deserve the award. A guy, regardless his previously 2 "make-sense" albums, recorded an unofficial world cup trac[/b]k and it became a [b]world wide success; even Coca-Cola (Not coca-cola Nigeria or Coca-Cola, South Africa) took the joint as the soundtrack for their World-Cup advertisement. That's K'naan. And that's an International Act. Correct me if I said it wrong. As a matter of fact, it is now difficult to get the original version first written by Knaan as the internet is filled with the edited version and various remakes, various features in various languages. That's an International feat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=TxmEd9lcn0k     .  .  . performing with the original unedited release

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=amXeJrA-wDc   .  .  . featuring [b]Will.I.am and David Guetta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8__lUfx7zdo   .  . feat. David Bisbal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apeVbw02nzc&NR=1 ,  Feat. nancy Ajram

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=nB7L1BIDELc  ,  Young Artists for Haiti. (this is the best version featuring drake, avril lavigne and i guess kardinal offishal and lots more)

Only one record which has achieved this re-recording and re-production to different languages comes to my mind right now, and that is We are The World by[b] MJ and Lionel Richie

This particular award shows how myopic bet awards is.
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by Nuriel22: 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by eldee(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2010
@bouzymill

That's unfair, you can't just crowd this thread with versions of Waving flag . . . grin grin

BTW, let's hear the Dizzie Rascal World Cup song grin grin

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG-0ASyBYT0&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Call Me A Hater, But I'm Gonna Speak My Mind. by bouzymill(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
s
eldee:

@bouzymill

That's unfair, you can't just crowd this thread with versions of Waving flag . . . grin grin

BTW, let's hear the Dizzie Rascal World Cup song grin grin

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG-0ASyBYT0&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. I'm just pissed at that particular award. But the Dizzie Rascal England join no bad anywayz,

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Ft Good Music & J. Cole - Looking For Trouble. / New Gospel Sensation Nutty Josh / Tinny – New Chapter Ft Timaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.