Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? (4812 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 02, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Yawning is supposed to be a reflex action for which no one has a control over. How is it possible that Mohammed NEVER yawned all his life?

Now appologies but this was too funny to pass over: Shaytaan could not go into the skies and steal news from the Angels.

Is the above in bold, considered a miracle in islam? Is shaytan's job merely to steal news from angels?
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by 4Play(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2007
Maybe Shaytan is a  journalist working for a rival news organisation to the news organisation that the angels work for but thanks to Allah he couldn't steal news
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by mrpataki(m): 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is too hilarious! What a glorious way to mark his birthday!
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Seun(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2007
You believe that Jesus never sinned, and rose from the dead, yet you can't believe that Muhammad never yawned?

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2007
sinning is not a reflex action. i would have course to doubt if it was said that Jesus never coughed all his life.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by mrpataki(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2007
Seun:

You believe that Jesus never sinned, and rose from the dead, yet you can't believe that Muhammad never yawned?

Since when did Yawning and Sinning become synonymous? angry

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2007
Lord have mercy,Mo never yawned?
Well I'm sure he never had a dull moment.
If you had several Iyawos and the power to take any woman that offered herself,I bet you will have no time for yawning since there was always work to be done. grin grin

I won't be suprised if he even had time to pick his nose and stroke his bia bia
david I need a hadith on the yawning claim,an authentic hadith at that grin grin
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 02, 2007
4 Play:

Maybe Shaytan is a journalist working for a rival news organisation to the news organisation that the angels work for but thanks to Allah he couldn't steal news

The Al -shaytani network
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by drbelloim(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2007
babyosisi (f) (USA) I will not be surprised at any thing you utter as far as it is against islam or the muslims, May Allah show you the way.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 03, 2007
Culled from one of the 77 pillars of Imaan!

To answer the sneeze. If a person sneezes he should say Al Hamdulillah and the one hearing him should say Yarhamukallah. The sneezer should than say Yahdikumullah. It is in hadith that a sneeze is from Ar Rahman and a yawn is from Shaitaan. It is also said that one should suppress the sneeze and one should restrain oneself when the urge to yawn comes (close the mouth or cover it with the back of the left hand if possible). One should know that none of the Nabiyyeen ever yawned as it is from Shaitaan and Shaitaan has no power over Nabiyyeen

Notes: A yawn is from the devil. Anyone who yawns is under the influence of the devil whose job is to steal news from the angels.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by abdkabir(m): 12:21am On Apr 03, 2007
@Davidylan

U seem to relish tagreting muslims. Unfortunately, some of your arguments are clearly sentimental and not objective. The Knowledge opf Din(The path of Religion) is a continious process and in understanding the ifnormationpassed down on us we must be careful in not taking the words out of context. Its interesting that this position holds for both Islam and Christianity.

Allow me explain the issue of yawning (and still God knows Best), the Hadith you reproduced reports an (advice) of the prophet on the issue of yawning while on prayer. General uinderstanding of the Hadith would suggest that "Yawning during prayer should be suppressed as it could be a precursor to having sleeping while on prayer".Islam requires that we try to be in our most alert state while in prayer and thus try to avoid anything that could reduce our alertness concentration. It is believed that sneezing has a relieving effect aand thus be grateful to God by give praises (Alhamdulillah) after sneezing. The subsequent invocations following are advised to promote good relations btw anybody around the sneezer.

It would be very unrealistic and unnatursal to think Muhammed never yawned his life.He was after a a human being like me and you. He definately must have sneezed as Jesus Did.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 03, 2007
My dear, please i never said Mohammed did not yawn during his lifetime. Your muslim brethren said so, it is amazing that muslims have contradictory views on the live of the most important personality in their religion.
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by abdkabir(m): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2007
Enjoy yourself.
I didnt say you said so. Here is what i said: wink
abdkabir:

@Davidylan
It would be very unrealistic and unnatural to think [/b]Muhammed never yawned his life.

I don't see as amazing holding/ presentation of different views on religious issues. Particularly on an issue which doesnt constitute the core of Faith[b](sneezing)
.Muhammed is just a human being more important to us is his message that None is due of worship but the One. That holds us together regardless of our views.I guess it could be said that such a phenomenon(different views) isnt unique to islam, It exists in other idiosyncracies (religious or not).
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by drixie: 1:02am On Apr 03, 2007
davidylan. I can see you are progressing properly. You have quite a remarkable knowledge of Islam with some hadith under your sleeves. You'll make a very fine Muslim. The very stubborn ones come back to give the best testimony. mark my words
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 03, 2007
drixie:

davidylan. I can see you are progressing properly. You have quite a remarkable knowledge of Islam with some hadith under your sleeves. You'll make a very fine Muslim. The very stubborn ones come back to give the best testimony. mark my words

grin grin grin grin grin
Dont kid yourself. You think i'll be party to a religion where Shaitan lives in your nostrils and at the same time is struggling to steal news from angels? A religion where yawning is prohibited?

Like you, i dont want to end up having trouble explaining away the violence, intolerance and evil that are hallmarks of islam by claiming it is a religion of "peace" while your knives are still at our throats. Do you really think any right thinking individual is comfortable with the idea of Taqqiya?
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 03, 2007
drbelloim:

babyosisi (f) (USA) I will not be surprised at any thing you utter as far as it is against islam or the muslims, May Allah show you the way.

Dokita abeg o
no be you utter all that nonsense about my Lord and God?
na you don begin ask ask allah to guide me.
e no fit.
Jesu don carry me go far far away.
allah no fit reach there grin grin grin
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by goodguy(m): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2007
Just as some Muslims will always read verses in the Bible and take them completely out of context in order to ridicule, some Christians too will always take verses in the Quran/Hadith completely out of context just to ridicule the other's religion.

@ abdkabir,

Believe me, all you've said hardly makes any sense to davidylan, as is clearly evident in the first paragraph of his last post here.  And as Seun would say, he's being a dishonest debater grin.  When he started this topic, he already believed that Muhammad never yawned all his life, based that article, and of course, he was everly ready to start making his usual jest of Islam.  Then after your well-refined explanation, he now came around to say that he never said Muhammad never yawned, cunningly trying to make us believe he just "wanted to be sure", whereas that was clearly not the case.  However, he did not notice that he actually contradicted his stance, when he said that Muslims have contradictory views (as if Christians and every others don't tongue); meaning that he indeed, already believed that statement (out of context of course), until your own explanation came along, which seemed contradictory to him alone.  The unfortunate part of this all is that some supposed "Christians" too were so quick to start their own jests without bothering to demand for an explanation.  Did I hear someone say birds of a feather?  LOL!

You see, when one's mind is set to ridicule another, be sure that whatever you say will never be reasonable to him.  Just take a look at how drixie was treated on the "Gombe Muslim Students" thread, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I know somebody will come barking at me for this post of mine, I'm equally prepared, depending on who actually launches the attack. wink

Asalamualaikum. cool
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by drixie: 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2007
@davidylan
there are still more islamic websites out there you have not covered. make sure u complete your search for the truth. it will surely come your way. May Almighty Allah guide you in your search.
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2007
Which search drixie? Is it not a shame that there are so many muslims here and all they can do is direct us to spurious websites each time we ask questions about islam?
How many christians direct you to websites when u guys come up with your bogus attempts at forcing mohammed and his evil teachings into the bible?

Either you can answer our questions or you just keep quiet. This "go to islamic websites" nonsense is just showing you all up as people who have no idea what they follow.
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by olutomiwa(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2007
broda mohammed dey snuff cocaine that,s why him no dey yawn and he was always giving HEAD,una no know say he be headmaster.
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by nossycheek(f): 5:14pm On May 08, 2007
goodguy:

Just as some Muslims will always read verses in the Bible and take them completely out of context in order to ridicule, some Christians too will always take verses in the Quran/Hadith completely out of context just to ridicule the other's religion.

@ abdkabir,

Believe me, all you've said hardly makes any sense to davidylan, as is clearly evident in the first paragraph of his last post here. And as Seun would say, he's being a dishonest debater grin. When he started this topic, he already believed that Muhammad never yawned all his life, based that article, and of course, he was everly ready to start making his usual jest of Islam. Then after your well-refined explanation, he now came around to say that he never said Muhammad never yawned, cunningly trying to make us believe he just "wanted to be sure", whereas that was clearly not the case. However, he did not notice that he actually contradicted his stance, when he said that Muslims have contradictory views (as if Christians and every others don't tongue); meaning that he indeed, already believed that statement (out of context of course), until your own explanation came along, which seemed contradictory to him alone. The unfortunate part of this all is that some supposed "Christians" too were so quick to start their own jests without bothering to demand for an explanation. Did I hear someone say birds of a feather? LOL!

You see, when one's mind is set to ridicule another, be sure that whatever you say will never be reasonable to him. Just take a look at how drixie was treated on the "Gombe Muslim Students" thread, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I know somebody will come barking at me for this post of mine, I'm equally prepared, depending on who actually launches the attack. wink

Asalamualaikum. cool

what is good for the geese is also good for the gander
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Pamperme: 6:53pm On May 08, 2007
i yawned when i was reading this topic and i yawned when i was reading the replies. And am still yawning, can someone help me?
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by olutomiwa(m): 2:52pm On May 10, 2007
Why were you yawning?is your name YAWN YAWN YAWN{are you a chinese}?
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by nago2007(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2007
Please am begging all the members of this board. no insult each other please preach only faith, because if i insult or mock your faith honestly it will hurt you, however remember  verse vversa
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Seun(m): 9:04pm On May 10, 2007
You don't believe that Muhammad never yawned, yet you believe that Jesus never undressed a woman in his mind.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by babaibadan(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2007
Some of you "so-called" christians are a total disgrace. Christianity doesnt give room for you to talk trash about other pples religion, dee dee dees
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by stimulus(m): 9:21pm On May 10, 2007
babaibadan:

Some of you "so-called" christians are a total disgrace. Christianity doesnt give room for you to talk trash about other pples religion, dee dee dees

We hear! grin But may I ask you: does Islam give room for Muslims to talk trash about other pples religion??

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by mrpataki(m): 9:22pm On May 10, 2007
Seun:

You don't believe that Muhammad never yawned, yet you believe that Jesus never undressed a woman in his mind.
Is this an argument or a fact? When you talk,state it on fact! You dont believe in God, yet you can talk about Jesus?

Whatever this is, it is absolutely wrong and mindless of you to state what you just said! That you probably UnCloth every woman in your mind does not mean it is workable with everyother person!

There is a way that seemeth right unto man, but the end therof is destruction!
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by mrpataki(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2007
babaibadan:

Another of their kind! Christianity gives room for what sir?
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by Seun(m): 9:28pm On May 10, 2007
Just because you yawn every three seconds doesn't mean it's applicable to every other person!
Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by mukina2: 9:34pm On May 10, 2007
i wonder why some people hate so much

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Never Yawned All His Life? by babaibadan(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2007
@unimportant

Christainity gives room for unity , peace and hospitality and not talking down on other pples religion.

I am a devoted christian myself and I dont talk trash about other pples religion.

whatever u believe in is your business and so is mine; u are not in any position to say what the holy quran, voodoo book or any other religious material says or preaches is right or wrong.

And to my muslim brothers; I apologize on "their" behalf if u have been hurt in any way. and you can always try AUTO-IGNORE it works. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Twelve Caliph Hadeeth / BREAKING New:saudi Arabia Executes Prominent Shia Cleric / Theory Of Falseness Of Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.