Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Frsc Is This True? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Frsc Is This True? (960 Views)

FRSC Urges Use Of Bicycles In Lagos / FRSC Returns Kaduna Crash Victim’s N.4m To Family / 280 Killed In Road Crashes During Xmas & New Year Celebrations – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frsc Is This True? by Dozzy3(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2010
I recently had an encounter with the Federal road safety at Asaba just some meters away from the Niger Bridge on a journey to the East.
The marshal stopped me and asked for my drivers’ license so I gave it to him. Then he asked for a fire extinguisher “certificate”. shocked I said my guy, I have a fire extinguisher and a C- caution and all other valid and necessary documents ,.,.,So if I have an extinguisher then you should simply issue me a certificate if that’s what makes you happy wink. He then said I would pay 3,500 for not having it as he claims it’s a form of tax from Delta state. ( I come dey wonder whether na Delta state road safety be this lipsrsealed )
For my mind, I say maybe this barga think say I be mumu. I tell am say them never born him papa well wey go collect 1 naira for my hand. I said why not issue me a ticket and I will see the offence he will tick that I committed. I then asked him to show me a sample of the certificate if it really exists before he will ask for a spare tire certificate or better yet, stop other vehicles with it so I would verify his claim; he couldn’t stressing that I will not teach him his job.
I called all the numbers on their vehicle to verify the claim (08077690828, 08077690829, and 08077690254) but to my greatest surprise all the lines were switched off. (So if na accident happen na voicemail be that).
To cut a long story shorter smiley , when the guy see say I no dey in a hurry or say I no send am as I talk say I go follow them stay there till I see just one certificate he come give me my license back.
Out of curiosity I just dey ask now whether any such thing exist or FRSC think say everybody be mumu?
Re: Frsc Is This True? by OmoAlata(f): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2010
Dozzy 3:

Out of curiosity I just dey ask now whether any such thing exist or FRSC think say everybody be mumu?

Any which way to extortionate money out of folk - any which way sad
Re: Frsc Is This True? by dominique(f): 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2010
shameless buncha individuals angry
Re: Frsc Is This True? by pete(m): 2:59am On Jun 29, 2010
Hey Bud, love your courage, wish I could do that now, back in the days with my NBA sticker I use to argue and fight with Police men in the highway. Nowadays, I just fly jeje or pay whatever the ask and go on my way, REASON? I had seen then kill a guy just like that over fire exstinquisher, more so, just not ready. As a young and fresh graduate then, I thought I was Gani and figured I could fight the system from without. Now I do know I could change it from the inside, the Nigerian failed political system, bad roads, failed security systems are just a reflection of our failed political and economic systems. Don't get me wrong, I'll fight just as the poster did, but not in a solitary highway with no witnesses, those Ahole could waste you in no time. But hey, BRAVO for standing your ground
Re: Frsc Is This True? by cretin: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2011
i doubt if frsc are required to ask for that, the guy is probablly a fraud/greedy officer!

www.frsc.gov.ng

thats the frsc site, get all info there

(1) (Reply)

Hi Thonia,pls How Much Is The Lowest Tuition One Can Get For Malaysian University.how Much Can I Bud / Nigerian Citizenship: ? / Gre/toefl/gmat Registration Price Slash: Limited Offer!: Lower Fees:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.