Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War (33773 Views)

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) / Yakubu Gowon And Wife, Victoria Celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary / Musa Gowon And Vivienne Agbonkhese Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by NobodyKnows(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2018
gidgiddy:

You are saying Ojukwu led his people to senseless killings? Ojukwu led his people to fight for their freedom. If a man cannot fight for his freedom, what can he fight for?
Freedom from what?
Olodo.
Are you saying Igbo are slaves ?
Juliusmalema:

We are not subservient slaves to the caliphate.
But the commodity NIGERIA has long expired.

The British investment Nigeria is long overdue for collapse....

If theresa May thinks she can come to renegotiate an expired entity....then she is in for a serious body trauma....

No amount of signing can undo what has expired since 2014.
Please if you are stupid like this person .
Don’t quote me . I won’t respond

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
sad Reconciliation after causing genocides by both sides
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2018
blazer2018:

Imagine...even d families of Ojukwu and Gowon will still be enjoying in years to come as d duo's names will be paving ways for them...but for all those who died... lipsrsealed

My Pastor said something: He said if u allow people to use u foolishly and u die in d process...u die in futility and might even end up in hell...while d person who used u might just go back to God and seek His forgiveness...moreover, our God is a merciful God.

And that is what Gowon has bn doing...he's bn very close to God.

Trash

Straight to dustbin.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Afonja why involve ur self in something u don't know

Bless u...

Can they fight...they cannot

That's was why IBB said whenever I hear yoruba say he wants to fight, I will go back to my sleep... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2018
KIDfurniture:
My igbo people tot ojukwu was really fighting for them . Little did they know he was actually trying to secure the properties of his late father in western region then. He's father was the first millionaire in Africa. I will never believe any Nigerian in my life time. BIAFRA my dick.

Can u people just leave igbos alone for once....

Everywhere igbo igbo igbo....

Can't u guys allow us to have peace?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by gidgiddy: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Freedom from what?
Olodo.

Of course Igbos are slaves. If you have no right to decide if you can go your way, you are a slave.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by danvon(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2018
laliga01:

You know nothing about struggle. Ojukwu lost almost all his father's wealth in that war. He father was one of the richest in the country, if he is that selfish as you paint it, he had no reason to go to war as he was very comfortable in every aspect of his life.

Hmmm he wasn't very comfortable they killed Aguiyi killed many Igbo soldiers he was obviously the next in line

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Tripleclick(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2018
KIDfurniture:
My igbo people tot ojukwu was really fighting for them . Little did they know he was actually trying to secure the properties of his late father in western region then. He's father was the first millionaire in Africa. I will never believe any Nigerian in my life time. BIAFRA my dick.
I would have slapped the hell out of you if you were close to me.... Anumanu
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Freedom from what?
Olodo.

We are not subservient slaves to the caliphate.
But the commodity NIGERIA has long expired.

The British investment Nigeria is long overdue for collapse....

If theresa May thinks she can come to renegotiate an expired entity....then she is in for a serious body trauma....

No amount of signing can undo what has expired since 2014.

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Tripleclick(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2018
Sanchez01:
The war could have been avoided but ego and certainty of winning pushed Ojukwu who somewhat knew he stood no chance but chose to gamble for oil sake. I'm the end, he lost the oil, lost his men and went ahead to refuse foreign aid because they would not allow him use their transport planes for sending guns.

He fled the country and returned a better Nigerian. Died and was buried a Nigerian. His wife and children are busy permutating and calculating how they would get hold of power while the impoverished and relatives of those he well used their heads bemoan the horrors of the war till date.

If Ojukwu is not wise, I wonder who is.
oh Ego? Like the man who rejected aburi accord and send tanks and warplanes down East? Pathetic human being
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2018
Can an afonja fight... hell no
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by buharitill2023: 10:06am On Aug 31, 2018
Caleb80:
if Nnamdi Kanu Is A Terrorist 2 U, Dt Means All Igbos Re Terrorist Too. Plz Let D Terrorist Nation Go, U No Wnt. Wety Una Want Sef.
igbos are not terrorist.
I warn terrorist nnamdi kanu not to embark on this journey, he wouldn't listen to wise counsel .
See the problem he has created for my fellow igbo brothers and sisters.
Thank God the terrorist belong to the past.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2018
NobodyKnows:
Freedom from what?
Olodo.
Please if you are stupid like this person .
Don’t quote me . I won’t respond

More like the foolishness and mediocre life of awolowo

No wonder rat poison was later his solace in life
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 31, 2018
That's how their media work....write the real undiluted truth about the war.....they will delete your post not to talk of frontpage... Their mods now have to push picture of Gowon and ojukwu

It doesn't matter....what we want is a separate country not war....but trust me if at the end it seems like the finale means....we will be glad to have a rematch
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by chinese81: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2018
Spot on!
blazer2018:

Imagine...even d families of Ojukwu and Gowon will still be enjoying in years to come as d duo's names will be paving ways for them...but for all those who died... lipsrsealed

My Pastor said something: He said if u allow people to use u foolishly and u die in d process...u die in futility and might even end up in hell...while d person who used u might just go back to God and seek His forgiveness...moreover, our God is a merciful God.

And that is what Gowon has bn doing...he's bn very close to God.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by stujine: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2018
unohbethel:
notice to all nairalanders :
this comment was deleted by a bigoted Mod for the loads of truthfulness in it. Twas the reply that i gave to the quoted persons...but was very surprised to see it deleted

the comment is

its only a foolish and bloodthirsty leader that will sit around while his people are been killed right, left and center without doing nothing

av u guys ever ask what made ojukwu to take the actions that he took??

Are u guys not aware of how igbo officers were killed in July 1966 that was termed a revenge coup, eventually reaching more than 500 igbo army officers??

av u guys ask how a coup (that is said to a revenge for leaders that were killed in first coup) turned into pogroms and mass killings of the civilian populace who know nothing about the first coup

Is that how bloodthirsty u people are??

Well since its the igbos, whom we love to hate.are the ones been done these things, we would keep quite........................ But will come out with full force to attack them for the actions that they took(self defense)

because of the first coup,, igbos will never be president,,, but we will rather gladly give the president to a former illiterate coup plotter(wo should av been cooling his life in jail)
because why not, he is not the ambitious okechukwu

av always ask why all the coup plotters from 1966(mutala mohammed,obasanjo, buhari,abacha,gowon) were never punished, sent to jail or killed?? And why the civilian populace of theirs were not killed in the thousands because their leaders engaged in coup plotting...and treason??

Instead they were all honord, paid pensions for stealing billions and were even awarded the presidency.

Every Nigerian knows that it was these crooked leaders that took Nigeria to ruins and introduced corruption

but no, they will regale you with tales on how igbos ruined Nigeria by introducing the first coup, also tru the unification degree and through hate speeches.

Well as for me, the igbos must av been a special breed of people to still hold Nigeria down after one of their own ruled the country

we all know that for us all to progress as a people,,, its either separation or restructuring that is best for........................
Igbos are for both but most are for seperation which they strive for,,some even been killed........................ What about u and ur people...

Now is the time for action...

Remember, our decisions, actions and inactivitys as a people now will affect our unborn children and future generations

Hatred has blinded their brains from d truth
kiss da truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by budusky05(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2018
IPOB yet to learn from the mistake made by ojukwu.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by marvinsync(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2018
Ballmer:
but a whole generation of Igbo suffering from dementia blame Buhari for the war. That is what hatred does to one soul. May God help the Igbo tribe and free it from hate.

Na only dem hausa Fulani Yoruba Kanuri Muslims Singaporeans Malaysian South Africans Kenyans Chinese Arabs n many more de hate but they’d blame everyone else for hating them instead of looking inward to cure their souls of inhereted hate.

wow just how ignorant can u be?
I'm Igbo and all these u said is nonsense

and we don't HATE people trust me , if u really know Igbo people ull know we don't carry hate around with the way we speak and all , we only protest and complain about a lot of things because a lot of things are wrong.

those who u could say are capable of hate are those that are the greatest killers ever , which tribe in Nigeria do u think has killed another tribe the most ?!
yes! that's right , the fulani/Hausa ! no tribe has committed mass murder like these guys , u can't commit murder like that without having a ton of hatred within u , if we igbos hated the Fulani/Hausa like u said can u blame us? they've killed us the most! but the thing is we don't even hate them, we even fight among our Yoruba brothers than we do them , do u know why?
because what's the point of hating beggers and shoemakers and gatemen?! they're so insignificant that it's a waste of time!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by marvinsync(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2018
Sirjamo:
Ojukwu led his people to war because he was eyeing the Niger Delta oil like a bat.

just how ignorant can a person be ?

did u know that after the first so called 'igbo' coup , tens of thousands of Igbos were massacred in the north and the government did nothing about it , not to talk of the Igbo officers that were killed

who in their right mind will sit down and watch their people be killed and do nothing about it?!

that's why ojukwu created Biafra and let me tell
Biafra wasn't formed by force the so called niger deltans ( which didn't exist at the time , or better still weren't called that) agreed to it

get ur facts right aboki

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by excel4us: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2018
kotv:

Dumbest comment ever. Don't you people ever read your history?
they know the history and will shy away from it. time will tell

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 11:21am On Aug 31, 2018
Sirjamo:
Ojukwu led his people to war because he was eyeing the Niger Delta oil like a bat.

Hey shut up, which Niger delta are you talking about? Maybe you don't know what Niger delta means and the tribes of people who made up the Delta, I think you should face more stories coming from Chad and niger republic and leave us alone..Mbara.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Truthfulguy10: 11:28am On Aug 31, 2018
unohbethel:
notice to all nairalanders :
this comment was deleted by a bigoted Mod for the loads of truthfulness in it. Twas the reply that i gave to the quoted persons...but was very surprised to see it deleted

the comment is

its only a foolish and bloodthirsty leader that will sit around while his people are been killed right, left and center without doing nothing

av u guys ever ask what made ojukwu to take the actions that he took??

Are u guys not aware of how igbo officers were killed in July 1966 that was termed a revenge coup, eventually reaching more than 500 igbo army officers??

av u guys ask how a coup (that is said to a revenge for leaders that were killed in first coup) turned into pogroms and mass killings of the civilian populace who know nothing about the first coup

Is that how bloodthirsty u people are??

Well since its the igbos, whom we love to hate.are the ones been done these things, we would keep quite........................ But will come out with full force to attack them for the actions that they took(self defense)

because of the first coup,, igbos will never be president,,, but we will rather gladly give the president to a former illiterate coup plotter(wo should av been cooling his life in jail)
because why not, he is not the ambitious okechukwu

av always ask why all the coup plotters from 1966(mutala mohammed,obasanjo, buhari,abacha,gowon) were never punished, sent to jail or killed?? And why the civilian populace of theirs were not killed in the thousands because their leaders engaged in coup plotting...and treason??

Instead they were all honord, paid pensions for stealing billions and were even awarded the presidency.

Every Nigerian knows that it was these crooked leaders that took Nigeria to ruins and introduced corruption

but no, they will regale you with tales on how igbos ruined Nigeria by introducing the first coup, also tru the unification degree and through hate speeches.

Well as for me, the igbos must av been a special breed of people to still hold Nigeria down after one of their own ruled the country

we all know that for us all to progress as a people,,, its either separation or restructuring that is best for........................
Igbos are for both but most are for seperation which they strive for,,some even been killed........................ What about u and ur people...

Now is the time for action...

Remember, our decisions, actions and inactivitys as a people now will affect our unborn children and future generations

kiss da truth
FACT
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by bigfish3k: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2018
buharitill2023:
Biafra and Nigeria are one but the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist are still be brainwashed by terrorist nnamdi kanu.

apart from nigeria map
how are we one?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 31, 2018
MENELIK11:

Osu, must you always prove you are da*t?

AFJ pls... tongue
MENELIK11:

Osu, must you always prove you are da*t?

AFJ pls...
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2018
Akpacha:
Nigga, d dude stated the obvious.
Which obvious?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
Walter578:
Be a winner with bet shine today as the weekend match kick's off tonight

since ur already making millions per bet, Why are u disturbing other people
Re: Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War by bigfish3k: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2018
Sirjamo:

mumu. igbos have oil can serve their economy
igbos are succeeeding in business more than others without the oil
igbos are not lazy
is the oil now in the hands of the niger deltans? NO

igbos are in niger delta as indigenes
ok, u deprived igbos and niger delta the oil and gave it to hausa and yoruba

are igbos the poorest people in nigeria?
are they the least educated
are igbos and niger deltans not making international waves as against ur wish (yoruba and hausa)
are we the most disease prone people in nigeria?

igbos and niger deltans have left the oil for u people(yoruba and hausa) and its causing plagues in ur lands, because u are not the owner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charly Boy Disses Tinubu Over His Age(video) / US Vice President, Kamala Harris Calls Tinubu / Soldiers, CJTF Make Us Give Sex For Food – Wives Of Detained Boko Haram Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.