Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead (632 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies / We‘ll Recruit Teachers To Strengthen Lagos Education – Sanwo Olu / Samuel Ogundipe: Real Reasons IGP Idris Is After PREMIUM TIMES Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by fabinfos(f): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2018
Ex-Lagos State Commissioner for Education, Dr Olawale Idris is dead.

Dr Idris lost his battle to stroke at the age of 78 at his family home in Lekki Lagos on Thursday the 30th of August 2018.

The deceased was appointed Commissioner for Education by the first civilian Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande in 1979 and was charged with the implementation of the UPN administration’s priority programme — free and compulsory education at all levels in Lagos State.

Here is what his widow, Muyinat told PM News on phone about his death in an emotion laden manner:

“I can’t believe that my husband is gone, we are still together in the early hours of today and I never knew he was going to leave me for eternity.

“My husband is 78 years old and we have been planning big for his 80th birthday; I never knew he won’t wait till then.

“I am speechless, I don’t know what to say again but I will surely miss him”.

http://kikiotolu.com/former-lagos-education-commissioner-dr-olawale-idris-dies-of-stroke-in-lekki-lagos/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi MissyB3

Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by olahajayi(m): 7:03am On Aug 31, 2018
May His Soul RIP
Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by Jasen1(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2018
RIP sir
Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by Homeboiy: 7:19am On Aug 31, 2018
RIP
Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by okomile(f): 7:27am On Aug 31, 2018
RIP
Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by thesicilian: 7:36am On Aug 31, 2018
Jasen1:
RIP sir
He can't hear you.

1 Like

Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by Jasen1(m): 7:41am On Aug 31, 2018
thesicilian:

He can't hear you.

Since you're going there soon, help me pass the message

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by fabinfos(f): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2018
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi MissyB3
Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by thesicilian: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
Jasen1:

Since you're going there soon, help me pass the message

Thank you
You don't have to insult someone simply for pointing out the obvious.
Re: Former Lagos Education Commissioner, Dr Olawale Idris is Dead by Jasen1(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2018
thesicilian:

You don't have to insult someone simply for pointing out the obvious.

That wasn't an insult you know!

(1) (Reply)

Resignation Is Honorable But Not And Excuse To Escape The Consequences, NYSC / MUIZ BANIRE: 60 Per Cent Of Nigerians Don’t Know Why They Vote / Aisha Buhari Orders Arrest Of Her ADC For Defrauding Her Of Over N2.5B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.