Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,318 members, 7,860,765 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

Tennis Is Interesting Again! - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis Is Interesting Again! (17438 Views)

Why Tennis Is A Great Sport To Bet On In Nigeria / London Olympics Tennis Final : Serena Willams Vs Sharapova / Tennis: Roland Garros 2011 (where Are All These Yeye Tennis Fans Self) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
One happy man is Bjorn Borg.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by tope2000(f): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2008
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!Nadal won, i aint mad roger didnt tongue
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Cristalz(f): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2008
Latino boyz are sooo emotional. Fed's still the best for me tho.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by bagoma(f): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

Man see fireworks!!  cheesy

This is an unbelievable 2 months for Rafa . . . 2 ATP title, 2 Masters titles and 2 Grandslams. This guy deserves to be no 1 at the end of this yr!

grin slow down david!

how's roger feeling?
oh wish i was watching this. i don miss ooo
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by TheSly: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2008
Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy
At last. . . . . . . . . . Tell that federer to make way for young bloods. . . . . His time is up!. . . . .Yikes!!!! Yikes!!!!! Yikes!!!!!! cool
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by kingdong(m): 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Kind Roger says he will be back next year. Hejust said he played with the worst player on the best court. He still number one . But all hail the new king Raffy Nadal. Nadal was the better player , beat the king of grass and boy was it a tough march. The longest Wimbledon men's final ever.

To you all Raf Nadal fans, i hail you all with a resounding CONGRATULATIONS!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Man! My missing church today was so worth it. I no fit shout o!

Hardcourt season is Nadal's worst time of the yr . . . but who cares? 2 grandslams this yr. We'll be back next yr peeps  smiley
First man since Bjorn Borg to win FO and wimbledon back to back.

Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by dinozzo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Congrats to Nadal, best final ever
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2008
The Sly:

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy
At last. . . . . . . . . . Tell that federer to make way for young bloods. . . . . His time is up!. . . . .Yikes!!!! Yikes!!!!! Yikes!!!!!! cool

Bro hold up, its apparent from this game that Federer still remains the best player on the planet. The difference between this match and the last 2 Wimbledon finals is that Rafa's serve improved dramatically. He was broken only 1ce in 5 sets.

Federer will beat everyone else in 3 sets no kidding.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by TOH(f): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

Man! My missing church today was so worth it. I no fit shout o!

Hardcourt season is Nadal's worst time of the yr . . . but who cares? 2 grandslams this yr. We'll be back next yr peeps smiley
First man since Bjorn Borg to win FO and wimbledon back to back.

My going helped him tongue

Criztal they are emotional and I like it. I love that he went straight to his family grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2008
TOH:

My going helped him tongue

Criztal they are emotional and I like it. I love that he went straight to his family grin

Nwam, you are forgiven for changing ur mind 2 times but u still deserve a big kiss for praying for him. kiss

Rafa is an example of the fact that you dont need a "worldclass" coach to produce a champion. All you need is a man who is smart enough to get the best out of his ward. Changing Nadal to a lefty was the best thing Uncle Toni ever did to him. Being a righty too means he can hit backhands on the run almost like his forehand.

Best 2 weeks of Tennis ever. Even the FO was no where close to this.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by TOH(f): 9:38pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

Nwam, you are forgiven for changing your mind 2 times but u still deserve a big kiss for praying for him. kiss

kiss Lol it's a trick of mine jare, Im sure he knows I didnt mean it. tongue
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by kingdong(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2008
To you all Raf Nadal fans, i hail you all with a resounding CONGRATULATIONS!

Maybe just maybe my man the great king of grass R. Federer will be back to reclaim his lost title, but i sure am not reclaiming my lost bet. It was an awesome match, so very close, butt na one person gats to win.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by romeo(m): 9:52pm On Jul 06, 2008
Tenis en estado puro!! It was all fun watching the 2 biggest stars in tennis since God knows when doing doing marvelous things inside the court
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by romeo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2008
Cristalz:

Latino boyz are sooo emotional. Fed's still the best for me tho.

I didn't see any Latino boy there shocked shocked, I saw a Spanish boy and a Swiss man doing the game of tennis justice
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2008
you cant ask for more from a champion.

Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by TheSly: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

Bro hold up, its apparent from this game that Federer still remains the best player on the planet. The difference between this match and the last 2 Wimbledon finals is that Rafa's serve improved dramatically. He was broken only 1ce in 5 sets.

Federer will beat everyone else in 3 sets no kidding.
No doubt about that . . . . .he is still the best
But hey!. . . . . . .I have seen what i wanted to see, he can now go and vent his anger on the rest, Who cares? cheesy
I just wonder what he would be feeling like now. . . . cheesy
I am so happy today. . . . Raf made my day. cool
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2008
All hail the new king of grass

Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2008
The Sly:

No doubt about that . . . . .he is still the best
But hey!. . . . . . .I have seen what i wanted to see, he can now go and vent his anger on the rest, Who cares? cheesy

This game simply tells a story - that on their day no player on earth can match Nadal or Federer. The only person close enough will be Djokovic on hard courts and even then he's not that dominant.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by bioye(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2008
Titanic Tussle. Epic Battle. What else can I use to describe it? I'm happy for Nadal. Rather sad for Federer. I think Nadal will be no.1 before the end of the year. I think he'll win the US Open and Australian Open before the end of next year. I think Federer will win another Wimbledon and even beat Pete Sampras' 14 grand slams' record.

Congrats Nadal. Your time has come. Now, Tsonga where the heck are you?!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by doyin13(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2008
davidylan:

This game simply tells a story - that on their day no player on earth can match Nadal or Federer. The only person close enough will be Djokovic on hard courts and even then he's not that dominant.

Says more about the other players on earth rather than the abilities of these two angry angry angry angry

One of them has a second serve Venus would be ashamed of. . . . . . .The other looks like he never bothers practicing his backhand.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2008
Take a look at the mens top 10.
Novak is good and will be a threat to the top 2 but that's about it.
Davydenko is simply an automaton - get as many balls back, very little skill.
Ferrer - Ditto for Davydenko, they can play tirelessly for hrs and wack the ball so hard but nothing else.
Roddick - Remove his serve and he's a top 50 player at best.
Gonzalez - Hard forehand nothing else.
Gasquet - when will this man fulfill his potential?
Blake - should just retire.
Murray - top 10 and that's all. Cant see any weapons that will trouble the top guys for a while.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 2:05am On Jul 07, 2008
Congrats!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Radiant(f): 3:01am On Jul 07, 2008
Felicitacion Nadal !!! Que gran final! Te quiero mucho cheesy
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by romeo(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2008
Radiant:

Felicidades Nadal !!! Que gran final! Te quiero mucho cheesy

Radiant you get me shebi? wink
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by JUNIT1(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2008
what's all this nonsense i've been hearing, now you saying nadal is the king of grass, just cause he won one slam on grass, come on, and nadal has no chance of being no 1 for now, ther's stil olmpics, us open, federer will bounce back.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Radiant(f): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2008
Si, Romeo. smiley
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by A40(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2008
5 hours of tennis goodness i almost passed out watching those cats get at it the pundits where right saying Nadal was closer to Federer on grass than Fedex to Nadal on clay where does Nadal get his energy?

Not happy my baby momma lost but ohh well she did win the doubles with her sister and shame on you guys that made up a conspiracy theory about them selling out they sure didnt do that on Saturday

@davidylan
You must be joking you cant compare the 90's to now.Nadal and Federer are the only players i rate now all others are just over hyped underachievers there is no competition for them
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2008
A-40, the 90s was what? Serve and volley, 3-shot rallies point over.
Compare that to the spectacle of last night, there is no question which you'd prefer.
Yes many of the players today are way over-rated, blame that on the media, but i'd rather have a Gasquet, Roddick, Safin over a Becker or Edberg anyday. Of course i could be wrong but that's MHO.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by doyin13(m): 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
me i am a purist. . . . . .

Grass should be played the way grass traditionally was played over the years.

The reason australia and the us opens changed from grass was to bring variety after all.

Bloody 20 shot rallies at Wimbledon. . . . . . if I want to see long rallies, I will watch the French.

They should get that grass as slick as possible . . . .then we go see how low Nadal fit bend e back.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2008
Doyin, the groundsman at Wimbledon said something instructive - the so-called change in the grass is only propaganda in the mind of the player . . . he claimed not to have changed the grass at all since 2001 so how did the grass become slower? By magic?

Quick rallies are the reason mediocres like Pat Cash can call themselves fellow Wimbledon champions. Pete Sampras and Roger Federer for all their accomplishments never won the FO, quick hard courts favour skilless ball bashers like Davydenko and David Ferrer.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by Nize(f): 3:53am On Jul 29, 2008
I think federer is losing it, i'm not happy about it (WHY! OH! whY!).
his loss in his race 4 the rogers cup was really depressing, Nadal just has to win in cincinati to close up the 300 points gap. And here i was thinking at the begining of the season that federer's threat was djokovic. i'll just keep my fingers crossed to see how cincinati goes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Jelks, Okagbare Shine For Nigeria / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles / Nigeria Vs Spain - Player Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.