Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board (34962 Views)

UBA Appoints Oliver Alawuba As New GMD / Just In: Uba Appoints New Gmd, Other Executive Directors In A Major Shakeup (se / UBA Appoints 3 Nairalanders From Ambrose Alli University As Bank Ambassadors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by dipoolowoo: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
By Dipo Olowookere

Pan-African financial institution, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has announced the appointment of four prominent personalities to its board.

One of them is the former First Lady of Ekiti State, Mrs Angela Adebayo.

A statement issued by the lender said the appointment of Mrs Adebayo as well as Ms Angela Aneke, Mr Abdulqadir Jeli Bello and Mr Isaac Olukayode Fasola are subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

It was disclosed that the appointments follow the retirement of Mrs Rose Okwechime, Mr Adekunle Olumide, Mr Ja’afaru Paki and Mr Yahaya Zekeri, with effect from August 30, 2018.

Group Chairman of UBA Plc, Mr Tony Elumelu, while commenting on the appointments, disclosed that, “I am pleased to welcome Erelu Adebayo, Angela Aneke, Abdulqadir Bello and Kayode Fasola to the Group Board.

“These men and women bring a wealth of experience in their fields and will be tremendous assets, as we deliver on our mission to become the leading Pan-African financial institution in all our countries of operation.”

Mr Elumelu said further that, “I am particularly pleased that two of the newly appointed Non-Executive Directors are women, bringing the total number of women to four, a further demonstration of our commitment to ensuring equality for both men and women.”

Mr Elumelu thanked the retiring directors for their contribution, hard work and commitment to UBA, saying, “I would like to express my appreciation to our retiring Directors for their leadership and dedication to UBA and for their contribution to an already impressive 2018. I wish them the very best in their future endeavours.”

Business Post reports that this announcement comes on the heels of the bank’s strong H1 2018 performance with a PBT of N58.1 billion.

With the successful expansion of its retail operations, UBA now operates in 20 countries in Africa, following its recent acquisition of a licence in Mali and the United Kingdom. The bank also has offices in New York City and in Paris.

Erelu Angela Adebayo, who graduated with an M.Phil in Land Economy from Cambridge University, is the former First Lady of Ekiti State in Nigeria.

Mrs Adebayo previously served on the boards of several organisations, including the Dangote Foundation, DN Meyer Plc, Wemabod Estates. Mrs. Adebayo is a council member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and has worked extensively on real estate development and she is the Chairman of the Erelu Adebayo Foundation for the underprivileged.

On her part, Ms Angela Aneke is a board advisor, banker and a strategic thinker with over 30 years’ experience in financial services, in the areas of financial control, strategy, transaction banking, corporate banking, retail banking and governance.

Ms Aneke has held executive management and board positions in several international and regional institutions, including Ecobank Transnational Incorporated and the UBA.

For Mr Isaac Olukayode Fasola, he is a consummate professional with over 30 years’ cognate experience obtained from Management and Board positions covering banking operations, risk management, credit analysis, insurance, asset management, business strategy/development, performance management and corporate governance.

Mr Fasola previously served as an Executive Director of a commercial Bank in Nigeria and holds two MBAs and is pursuing a Ph.D. in Business Administration.

Mr Abdulqadir J. Bello, a Chartered Accountant, has over 30 years’ corporate experience in the banking sector, during which period he held several senior Management positions in various banks. He also previously served as the Group Chief Credit Officer of UBA and thereafter as the Executive Director in charge of Risk Management for UBA Group.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/08/31/uba-appoints-former-first-lady-three-others-to-board/

2 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by MartinCorridon: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
When i saw "First Lady".... i felt it would be that of an ex President.

My 1st choice was : Dame Patience Jonathan grin cheesy

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2018
Yeye bank sad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Rubbish
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Good appointments.
These men and women bring a wealth of experience in their fields and will be tremendous assets to the bank.
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by HzRF(m): 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Nice one

But gonna stick to my Zenith

2 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by NobodyKnows(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2018

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by NobodyKnows(m): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

UBA for no exist again by the end of the year .
She go loot am dry grin

13 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by omoadeleye(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
For their ambassador or for what?
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
grin
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by MustiizRaja(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

you want nake the whole building collapse

6 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by thegoodone1234(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
that is my best Bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by savio93(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
Wow

Two MBA's
And a PHD in view.

Only you....

2 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Benekruku(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
I almost burst into laughter

Thought it was Patience Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Benekruku(m): 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2018
thegoodone1234:
that is my best Bank

You need deliverance.

When you bank with Stanbic IBTC and Standard Chantered, come back to tell me you don't need deliverance.

2 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Benekruku(m): 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Same with me grin

1 Like

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Shininstar30(f): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2018
*VERY SOON,* Nigeria will be filled with Rich Networkers.

*Think investment FOLLOW the trend.*

ASK now how it works. And get on board ���‍♀�‍♀
Make your choice,Rich Networker or Poor Graduate?�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂

Do have a lovely weekend friends

1 Like

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by rayobaba(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
When I read the headline, l thought it's patience Jonathan be d former first lady
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by CheapDataGuy: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Ur wicked
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by bedspread: 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2018
CONGRATS!! CONGRATS
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by dannypaul(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2018
my dream, my reality!!!
hoping to be in such positions in the coming years!! so help me God.

1 Like

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by crafteck(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

There's God oo
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Opinionated: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

So that she can wreck the company.

2 Likes

Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Simbrixton(m): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2018
Very pan Nigerian not like the igbos on nairaland
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by dtruth50: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2018
hmm i thought na patient johnathan
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by arsenal33: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2018
I think say na mama peace
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by luizpippo(m): 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

You badt gan
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by blacknp(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
MartinCorridon:

That is The EFCC list,this is appointment that is based on legitimately earned money and shares.
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by Bullhari007(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
tell me one usefulness of zai Barbar and Win a Ram
Re: UBA Appoints Angela Adebayo, Abdulqadir Jeli Bello, Isaac Fasola To Board by AyakaDunukofia: 2:14am On Sep 01, 2018
Diamond bank has served me well over the years, especially with their continued innovation in the ICT.

I have absolutely no reason to look elsewhere. Good bank indeed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN / Elon Musk 'Voted Out' As CEO Of Twitter By Poll He Created / BVN: Frequently Ask Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.