Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,122 members, 7,852,805 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Usain Bolt Makes Pro Football Debut In Australia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Usain Bolt Makes Pro Football Debut In Australia (346 Views)

Usain Bolt Defines Social Distancing With Just One Photo / Alex Unusual Makes Nollywood Debut In The Movie "Merry Men 2" / Gbenro Ajibade Makes Hollywood Debut In 'Hip Hop Holiday' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Makes Pro Football Debut In Australia by iamocheme: 12:36am On Sep 01, 2018
Jamaica’s sprinter turned footballer, Usain Bolt has made his first appearance as a professional footballer in a pre-season friendly in Australia.

Bolt, who has been trialing with Australia’s A-League club Central Coast Mariners since last week, debuted against an amateur side at the club’s stadium in Gosford, 80km north of Sydney, in front of more than 12,000 people.

Bolt took on the field with a smile in the 71st minute, wearing jersey number 95 after the crowd chanted “We want Bolt”.

The Mariners had already scored six goals by the time Bolt came on as a left winger.

Bolt has been training with the club for an “indefinite training period” and the 32-year-old admitted earlier this week he was struggling with the physical demands of professional football.

“I know I’m not going to have a perfect game,” the eight-time Olympic gold medallist and 11-time world champion said on Tuesday.

Coach Mike Mulvey has said Bolt has “rudimentary skills” and was “doing ok” but would take some time “to adjust”.

The 100 and 200-meter world record holder Bolt ended his running career last year and has been trying to start a new career as a professional footballer, trialing with German, Norwegian and South African teams.

Read more: https://mycelebritygist.com/usain-bolt-makes-pro-football-debut-australia/#ixzz5PnmpVFFZ

Re: Usain Bolt Makes Pro Football Debut In Australia by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:37am On Sep 01, 2018
Any video to watch this please?!
Any highlight?!
We have been waiting to see him kick a ball like forever!
Re: Usain Bolt Makes Pro Football Debut In Australia by taiyesoul(f): 3:06am On Sep 01, 2018
Yinmu.Being a sprinter is far different from soccer bro.Your 100 meters record lasts at least only 13 seconds.This is a 90 minutes affair.Hope your health insurance is intact bro?

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor, Aki Reveals One Thing His Height Won’t Let Him Do / I Joined Aiye Cult To Meet Davido, When I Heard He Was A Member – Cultist / Fela’s Daughter Gives Reason She Doesn’t Like Davido And Can’t Relate To His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.