Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification (10925 Views)

Afcon 2021: Nigeria Squad Numbers Revealed / Nigeria Vs Guinea: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations, Semifinals. 9 - 10 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Angola: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by 5Ebiscoo: 7:07am On Sep 01, 2018
The Golden Eaglets have landed in Niamey for next week’s regional youth championship and the gaffer has announced his squad

Manu Garba has announced his squad of 20 players to represent the nation at the African U17 Cup of Nations qualifier billed to take place in Niamey next week.

The Golden Eaglets will be hoping to clinch the title of the WAFU B tournament in their bid to qualify for next year’s African championship in Tanzania after their absence from the last edition.

Garba’s squad is made up of young players selected from previous age-grade championships, including the U15 national side at the 2018 African Youth Games in Algeria.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/manu-garba-announces-nigeria-squad-for.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by EGDesignz(m): 7:08am On Sep 01, 2018
OK ooo
FTC
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2018
All the best lads!

1 Like

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by MDsambo: 7:11am On Sep 01, 2018
Where is the list?

1 Like

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by njoku10(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2018
Good luck boys
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by Benekruku(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2018
Names we will only see now

Only to see men with their last kids in the university claiming U17

1 Like

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by pweshdodo(m): 7:13am On Sep 01, 2018
U 17 indeed

26yr old player go dey dia o

1 Like

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by thesicilian: 7:14am On Sep 01, 2018
As usual, we will produce a squad of under 17 players who will become old enough to retire from football in less than 10yrs.

5 Likes

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by muhammed50(m): 7:19am On Sep 01, 2018
Why can't we stop in lying about our ages?
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by CChillz: 7:20am On Sep 01, 2018
Finally its time to watch real football. Nigerian under 17 team is the only Nigerian team that gives me joy in any nigerian football game. they play their hearts out on the field but after their campaign ends, only 5% progress further in their football career because "Nigeria kills talents when its found"

2 Likes

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by contigiency(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2018
The junior categories are never our problem but the assumed super eagles.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by Bawofss(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2018
Stop wasting tax payers money!
Buhari why?
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by conquerorsegun(m): 7:35am On Sep 01, 2018
And where is the list
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by theoldpretender(m): 7:46am On Sep 01, 2018
Benekruku:
Names we will only see now

Only to see men with their last kids in the university claiming U17

pweshdodo:
U 17 indeed

26yr old player go dey dia o

Age cheating has reduced in Nigerian football...due to stricter enforcement by FIFA....

1 Like

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by Masama: 7:47am On Sep 01, 2018
Whenever Nigeria releases U17 squad list

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by theoldpretender(m): 7:50am On Sep 01, 2018
CChillz:
Finally its time to watch real football. Nigerian under 17 team is the only Nigerian team that gives me joy in any nigerian football game. they play their hearts out on the field but after their campaign ends, only 5% progress further in their football career because "Nigeria kills talents when its found"

1. Making it in the U17 football team does not guarantee you a successful football career.

As an example, there were two french guys who were the talk of the town in the 2001 edition of the mundial. Both of them did not break into the senior French team.

2. Football in Nigeria is grossly underfunded. That is self explanatory.

3.Getting into a European clubside is not easy. You have to compete with the local boys and with boys from other countries.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by webincomeplus(m): 8:07am On Sep 01, 2018
theoldpretender:

1. Making it in the U17 football team does not guarantee you a successful football career.

As an example, there were two french guys who were the talk of the town in the 2001 edition of the mundial. Both of them did not break into the senior French team.

3.Getting into a European clubside is not easy. You have to compete with the local boys and with boys from other countries.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by utisunday: 8:11am On Sep 01, 2018
Good outing boys.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2018
Op, all this as news and no list abi? undecided

Anyway, here is the list:

Goalkeepers: John Ikedinachukwu Amah, Joseph John Essien, Joseph Ayomide Oluwabusola

Defenders: David Akulo Ishaya, Sunday Cletus Odey, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, Sani Abacha Suleiman, Muhammad Ibrahim, Adam Agba’a Mustapha

Midfielders: Samson Okikiola Tijani, Hassan Hussaini, Saviour Johnson Isaac, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Peter Agba, Babatunde Jimoh Akinsola, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Akinwunmi Ayobami Amoo

Forwards: Oluwatimilehin Lawrence Adeniyi, Olakunle Olusegun Junior, Favour Akem.

Below is a picture of one of the lads, Favour Akem with Ex-U17 star, Victor Osimhen in 2015.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by gabbasin(m): 8:35am On Sep 01, 2018
shiooor, under 17 my foot. We assemble supposedly under 17 players and waiting for MRI test to confirm their age. This short cut we use to take will never help our football in the long run.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2018
They have already conducted MRI screening on the team mister. Please be informed.

gabbasin:
shiooor, under 17 my foot. We assemble supposedly under 17 players and waiting for MRI test to confirm their age. This short cut we use to take will never help our football in the long run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by Icon4s(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Goalkeepers: John Ikedinachukwu Amah, Joseph John Essien, Joseph Ayomide Oluwabusola

Defenders: David Akulo Ishaya, Sunday Cletus Odey, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, Sani Abacha Suleiman, Muhammad Ibrahim, Adam Agba’a Mustapha

Midfielders: Samson Okikiola Tijani, Hassan Hussaini, Saviour Johnson Isaac, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Peter Agba, Babatunde Jimoh Akinsola, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Akinwunmi Ayobami Amoo

Forwards: Oluwatimilehin Lawrence Adeniyi, Olakunle Olusegun Junior, Favour Akem.

Below is a picture of one of the lads, Favour Akem with Ex-U17 star, Victor Osimhen in 2015.

Tomorrow now some people will say Favour Akem already had 3 children when he played U17.

See some Olodos already calling them age cheats.

1 Like

Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by oderinde151(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2018
theoldpretender:

sir, am 19 and I play football well. am in 300level and I will love to be a footballer in the future. am not in any football academy at the moment due to schooling.. I need your advice sir
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by theoldpretender(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
oderinde151:
sir, am 19 and I play football well. am in 300level and I will love to be a footballer in the future. am not in any football academy at the moment due to schooling.. I need your advice sir

Sorry, I'm not in the football business.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by oderinde151(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2018
theoldpretender:

thank you sir embarassed
theoldpretender:

thank you sir
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by hkidola00(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
oderinde151:
i dropped out from unilorin at 200 level due to some issue, some of it because of my football, my advice, don't bother to join any academy here, tell ur mum and dad or uncle or aunt to help u travel out to better country, North Africa, Europe, Asia or americas
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by Duru1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I guess it is a show of maturity that the above listed team has not been dubbed Islamic Republics of Arewa and Oduduwa. If a certain ethnicity has represented the large portion of the players on the team, some goons from certain parts of the country would have labeled it Biafran team.
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by oderinde151(m): 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2018
hkidola00:
i dropped out from unilorin at 200 level due to some issue, some of it because of my football, my advice, don't bother to join any academy here, tell ur mum and dad or uncle or aunt to help u travel out to better country, North Africa, Europe, Asia or americas
thank you sir.
am currently in 300l now ,are you saying I should finish my degree first or if I can afford to travel out now I should do it?
Re: Manu Garba Announces Nigeria Squad For Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations Qualification by hkidola00(m): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
oderinde151:
thank you sir.
am currently in 300l now ,are you saying I should finish my degree first or if I can afford to travel out now I should do it?
yes pls, finish ur degree first, I advice to travel out so u won't waste credible time in Nigeria..... u get better chances of becoming a professional than being in Nigeria, like, most footballer here in Naija are here because no chance to go out yet.....
just get an agent or manager

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Hails Tennis African Cup Winner, Aruna Quadri On ITTF Victory / Paul Pogba Wants To Leave Manchester United - Raiola / Bettingclosed**free 4+ Odds Match For Confidence ** By Betting Prof.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.