Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,732 members, 7,862,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

Cardiff Vs Arsenal: Unai Emery Warns Ozil, Team-mates Over Their Positions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cardiff Vs Arsenal: Unai Emery Warns Ozil, Team-mates Over Their Positions (294 Views)

Messi, Barca Team-mates To Return Cars Back To Audi After Sponsorship Deal Ended / Neymar Returns To Barcelona, Meets Ex Team Mates / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cardiff Vs Arsenal: Unai Emery Warns Ozil, Team-mates Over Their Positions by 14Ebiscoo: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2018
Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has told Mesut Ozil he will have to play where he needs him.

Ozil was subbed off against Chelsea two weeks ago, before he was declared ill ahead of the win over West Ham last weekend.

Emery has declared his star fit to return for Sunday’s visit to promoted Cardiff.

But the Spaniard warned his No.10, who was always indulged by predecessor Arsene Wenger, is not always be playing in his favoured position behind the main striker.

“I like the possibility to have the player play different positions on the pitch and then it depends each match for us and for the opposition.

“For that, Mesut played with me on the right wing and also as No.10, and we are going to continue to do that.

“Mesut in his career, he played as a ten and on the right — when he was playing at Real Madrid, I remember a lot of matches on the right.

“His quality is for playing between the lines. But I spoke with him for his best position on the pitch and I know he can play right and as a ten. And he wants that I can use him for two positions.

“Every player in the squad plays in the position we need. Our demands are very high, very great, but I want to ask every player every day to give us more — not just Mesut, the team, the squad. We need to push, we need to have ambition, we need to have desire to improve every day.

“This is my message for the team, for the squad and for every player,” Emery told a press conference ahead of the visit to Wales.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/cardiff-vs-arsenal-unai-emery-warns.html

Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal: Unai Emery Warns Ozil, Team-mates Over Their Positions by Okoroawusa: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2018
make una no fall my hand this weekend o!

GUNNERS!...till I die!
Re: Cardiff Vs Arsenal: Unai Emery Warns Ozil, Team-mates Over Their Positions by KanuIsCursed: 9:30am On Sep 01, 2018
Cardiff 4 vs assnail 2

(1) (Reply)

Zaddysusu Finally Finished Man United Pogba On Instagram... / We No More “sleeping Giant”,- Says Liverpool Managing Director / Too Bad! Egypt Provide Update On Mohamad Salah's Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.