Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. (784 Views)

Access Bank Hosts NGOs and Policy Makers / The New African Black Soap In Nigeria Ren Black Soap / Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
Hello everyone. Im starting an Organic skincare line and want to include black soap into my products. I found a local supplier of the soap in its raw form (solid). Ive heard that black soap is at its best in semi solid form (the kind you can scoop up). How can this be achieved using the raw black soap I already have?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
katanagirl08:
Hello everyone. Im starting an Organic skincare line and want to include black soap into my products. I found a local supplier of the soap in its raw form (solid). Ive heard that black soap is at its best in semi solid form (the kind you can scoop up). How can this be achieved using the raw black soap I already have?
Thank you.
Explain yourself better. Since you are starting organic skincare which there's literary nothing like that in Nigeria, I guess that shouldn't be a problem as you should have learnt it where you did training
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by popoolaRofiat(f): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
katanagirl08:
Thank you.

Don't use semi liquid black soap. Use Raw undiluted ones. I can supply you original black soap too
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2018
ModestGal:

Explain yourself better. Since you are starting organic skincare which there's literary nothing like that in Nigeria, I guess that shouldn't be a problem as you should have learnt it where you did training

I dont know which part of the country you live in but natural skin care is a BIG thing now that's trending. I didnt train anywhere. Just alot of research. I live in the north where black soap making isnt very common, that's why im asking.

1 Like

Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
popoolaRofiat:

Don't use semi liquid black soap. Use Raw undiluted ones. I can supply you original black soap too

No, the raw one is very drying on the skin. I want to infuse it with other nourishing oils and herbs.
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 2:48am On Sep 03, 2018
katanagirl08:

I dont know which part of the country you live in but natural skin care is a BIG thing now that's trending. I didnt train anywhere. Just alot of research. I live in the north where black soap making isnt very common, that's why im asking.
Oh that is awesome... So black soap is the easiest to make,it's not like you wanna start from scratch right?I won't even advice that...
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 2:51am On Sep 03, 2018
katanagirl08:

No, the raw one is very drying on the skin. I want to infuse it with other nourishing oils and herbs.
Yes, the raw can be drying, you can infuse it and still make it solid, liquid or semi liquid. As for mine, I make it solid and sometimes semiliquid
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:

Oh that is awesome... So black soap is the easiest to make,it's not like you wanna start from scratch right?I won't even advice that...

Oh no I'm not even going to attempt. Its just a matter of finding a good supplier. Its manipulating it to a better consistency and texture I was trying to find more info on. There aren't exactly any YouTube videos you can watch.

Yes organic or natural skin care is very in. I'm making body and facial scrubs and body butters from oils and herbs.
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:
Yes, the raw can be drying, you can infuse it and still make it solid, liquid or semi liquid. As for mine, I make it solid and sometimes semiliquid

So you just put the raw soap in together with your oils and use a pestle and mortar it will be more semi-liquid?
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
katanagirl08:

So you just put the raw soap in together with your oils and use a pestle and mortar it will be more semi-liquid?
Yea,but don't make the oil be too much as it may prevent it from foaming very well
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:

Yea,but don't make the oil be too much as it may prevent it from foaming very well

Ah thanks very much.
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
katanagirl08:

Ah thanks very much.
You are welcome dear.which part of the north are you that black soap is scarce? I thought black soap is common in everywhere in Nigeria?
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:

If you dont mind my asking. How much do you know of the oil market today? I mean oils like coconut, shea nut, etc. Im thinking of processing moringa oil. How's the market for that? I hear its getting very popular.
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
katanagirl08:

Ah thanks very much.
If you need any other advice,don't hesistate to holla me. Also when you need any ingredients/equipment scarce around you, don't hesistate to holla me
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by ModestGal(f): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
katanagirl08:

If you dont mind my asking. How much do you know of the oil market today? I mean oils like coconut, shea nut, etc. Im thinking of processing moringa oil. How's the market for that? I hear its getting very popular.
Yes,but let me first say this,as a beautypreneur, the market for beauty products will always be available and strong.
And for those oils, you can process them,market is never a problem
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:

You are welcome dear.which part of the north are you that black soap is scarce? I thought black soap is common in everywhere in Nigeria?

Of course black soap is everywhere. But I meant production. I live in Kaduna state.
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:
If you need any other advice,don't hesistate to holla me. Also when you need any ingredients/equipment scarce around you, don't hesistate to holla me

Thanks. Will do
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by katanagirl08: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
ModestGal:

Yes,but let me first say this,as a beautypreneur, the market for beauty products will always be available and strong.
And for those oils, you can process them,market is never a problem

Good to know
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by baugustine(f): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
To insure is to secure come and insure your car, property, etc at the rate of 3% of your car value at consolidated hallmark ins plc
Your gain
cars or property damages at our experience
2 claim of damages up to 1million naira
Replacement of cars if the car is right off and many more contact us at
We offer the best
Re: Black Soap Makers Advice Needed. by Debbielam(f): 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hi if you need carrot oil holla at me
It's very moisturising and naturally lightens the skin
You can check my skincare topic for contact if interested

(1) (Reply)

Where Could Ymodulus Be? Who Else Miss His Annual Business Thread? / Want To Be A Distributor For A Fast Selling Product / I Need Business Idea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.