Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) (24986 Views)

Sallah 2021: The Prices Of Rams At A Market In Ile-Ife Osun State (Photos) / Frigoglass N10bn Glass Factory In Agbara, Ogun State (Photos) / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by frowland(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
FrankFrenzy:

This will make you know how to maximize power and minimise its wastage.
Well, depends on what you mean by wastage and secondly its not my fault I am billed 9k/month or thereabout... Its their fault but if I am to chose between both, I choose postpaid plan. I don't want someone sitting in his Office at Ikeja to disconnect me just like that.
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

Pray that meter does not get to your home. Then you know what paying bills mean.
Like my area, we have 13-16 hrs light daily.. Those hours, washing machine mostly works, AC is 5 rooms busy, Water heater in 5 rooms, Fridge, microwave etc etc ...
If I am metered, I will pay nothing less than 40k monthly. I hopenI am not metered soon.
A friend on myne is metered, and he is not finding life funny.

Then you have to cut down on what you power on in the house. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
gbam you said it all eyeneka
is his local govt not part of akwa ibom?
Please you guys should leave udom alone. We that know what udom is doing and will do in his second tenure are behind..

No place for apc in akwa ibom. We don't want to be like edo, kogi,benue,osun and etc
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by frowland(m): 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Gerrard59:

Then you have to cut down on what you power on in the house. Simple.

Not that easy mate. Will I shut down the AC/water heaters in all the rooms when I have family and friends always there? Most of us does not have the advantage of doing that. If I am alone fine! but as someone with large home, then it becomes easier said than done.
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Krak(m): 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

Pray that meter does not get to your home. Then you know what paying bills mean.
Like my area, we have 13-16 hrs light daily.. Those hours, washing machine mostly works, AC is 5 rooms busy, Water heater in 5 rooms, Fridge, microwave etc etc ...
If I am metered, I will pay nothing less than 40k monthly. I hopenI am not metered soon.

You are so ignorant. Metering will teach you how to effeciently maximise the power you use. What do you have to say about those people that have less than 5 hours of light per week and yet they get estimated billing of more than 10k monthly.

I have some friends who have meters and they have at least 20 hours of electricity daily, I was surprised to learn that they spend less than 2k on electricity monthly.

So you better start learning about effecient and cheap usage of electricity because metering is coming to stay and there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by frowland(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
Krak:

You are so ignorant. Metering will teach you how to effeciently maximise the power you use. What do you have to say about those people that have less than 5 hours of light per week and yet they get estimated billing of more than 10k monthly.

I have some friends who have meters and they have at least 20 hours of electricity daily, I was surprised to learn that they spend less than 2k on electricity monthly.

So you better start learning about effecient and cheap usage of electricity because metering is coming to stay and there is nothing you can do about it.

Look mate, like stated above.. metering should be by choice. How I am billed shouldn't be your business. ..and more so, none of your business what I should use and what I should not use in my home. In UK, Japan where I am privileged to study and work, metering is by choice. They all have their advantages and disadvantages but at the end its the consumer that should choose how he is billed and not some sermon preaching hypocrites.
Secondly I remember when I returned home and saw my bills were 19k, 15k, 14k... I knew something was not right. I went to Alausa with my wife, where IKDC is located and complained that it needs to be reviewed. They took my data and informed me they will work on it.
2 months later, I started getting 7k, 6k, 8k,9k as my bills. Those that get crazy bills and do nothing about it are just lazy or they are channeling their issues to the wrong quarters.

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
donsufia:

This Picture was taken on Tuesday, 28th, August 2018.
Am a staff of that place. Go to Oron road, Osong Ama and two Lane axes in Uyo, you will see these metres on top of poles. They were mounted there for customers early this year.

The company was built and started production on August last year before the actual commissioning on the 23rd, Sept 2017 (go to YouTube for videos).
To say you saw the picture 3 years ago is not true. You should learn to say the fact.

Tomorrow is Monday, when you get to work, snap the pictures of actual work going on and then bring them to nairaland let's see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by frowland(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
rottennaija:

Tomorrow is Monday, when you get to work, snap the pictures of actual work going on and then bring them to nairaland let's see

He is a staff does not mean he have the right to be taking pictures. ..and looking at that environment, it does not look like a place people joke around taking pictures. That it was taking 3 year ago or taking yesterday... there is one irrefutable truth, it was taking in a state in Nigeria.
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by donsufia: 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
rottennaija:

Consider that done.

1 Like

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by donsufia: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

He is a staff does not mean he have the right to be taking pictures. ..and looking at that environment, it does not look like a place people joke around taking pictures. That it was taking 3 year ago or taking yesterday... there is one irrefutable truth, it was taking in a state in Nigeria.

Thanks a lot for believing. I shall do his bidding by tomorrow.
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

Udom's government is full of propaganda. When he says things are working, we need to be sure it is working

1 Like

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by mide419: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
pzphoto:
This is not China, this is Akwa Ibom state where first Farican metering industry is situated in Onna.

This is a good development. Wow

Gist from praize news

Source ; http://www.praizenews.com/see-photos-african-first-ever-metering-industry-akwa-ibom-state/

Which party is Akwaibom again?
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Sleezwizz: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
frowland:

Some gullible people won't reason this way....
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by frowland(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2018
rottennaija:

Udom's government is full of propaganda. When he says things are working, we need to be sure it is working
Funny
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
That's nice.
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Kabaka100: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
post=70825424:
We are getting there....gradually!

No!!!. Nigeria and the rest of Africa is too far behind and to be honest,they can't compete with developed nations in terms hitech in any hitech field because we dont have any history of our own created tech companies. We're still moving in the shadows of our colonial masters because na follow follow we dey do since independence.
Like Fela noted on his song "Zombie," if oyinboman no move Africaman cant move by themselves because most Africans lack confidence to try new things by themselves. Look at Huawei, the Chinese phone comoay wey just started few year ago, they're nie beating Apple and is 2nd best selling phone company after Samsung in global phone sales. Can Globalcom do that?.....i dont think so. Ok hoe far for our own Zinox computer in terms of competing with ither computer companies? Probably on life support now.
I tell u, something really wrong with Africaman and his priorities today
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
Kabaka100:

No. Nigeria and the rest of Africa is too behind and to [b]honest they can't compete with developed nations in terms hitech in any hitech field [/b]because we dont have any history of our own created tech companies. We're ztill moving in tge shadows of our colonial masters because na follow follow we dey do since independence
Like Fela noted on his song "Zombie," if oyinboman no move Africaman cant move by themselves because most Africans lack confidence to try new things by themselves. Look at Huawei, the Chine phone comoay wey just stzrted few year ago, they're beating Apple and is 2nd best selling phone company after Samsung. Can Globalcom do that?.....i dont think so. Ok har far gor Zinox comouter in terms of competing with ither comouter companies? Probably on life support now.
Haha, there is no argument with that of course.
Let us just be positive that slow and steady we will get there!
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Akemmi(m): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
donsufia:

Thanks a lot for believing. I shall do his bidding by tomorrow.

I'm equally waiting to...
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Akemmi(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
rottennaija:

My brother God bless you for saying the truth. Very soon the truth will be known

2 Likes

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Kabaka100: 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
post=70848784:

Haha, there is no argument with that of course.
Let us just be positive that slow and steady we will get there!
U know we've done this slow an steady for a long time and by we should realized that our backwardness stems from how our system is irganized and how the wrong are always installed to run our systems. Also our priorities is heavily affecting our progress 2. Recently, there's the issue of sharing Abachas loot.pf all the noise, at the end of the day, this loot will be shared amongst the rich who get richer and use the money to buy houses and expensive cars and send kids abroad to school. In a developed country where they know how use their resources more efficie, about 60% of that money will be allocated to Reseach and devolopmen in oil exploration and other hitech fields but no no na just sharing of money all the time for a short term and selfish satisfaction pleases us Africans
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by yom2(m): 11:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
kerry57:

At least he did something that will bring revenue to the state. So many of leaders have nothing to show even their fathers compound. Thumb up for Emmanuel abeg. Not from the state but I like industrialization no matter where
he is among the few futuristic leaders we have in Nigeria. most of his projects are world class

1 Like

Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by naijajobx: 12:48am On Sep 03, 2018
hmm
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by walezy85: 3:46am On Sep 03, 2018
frowland:

its a 2 way thing their are some customers that their bill is high compared to the energy being used,while some if they are not metered it will be an added advantage for them for example if you used 10k on your prepaid meter monthly suppose its a bill you will be paying let's say 8k but this don't happen frequently. The best is to be metered then we are good to go by then the electricity provider will sit tight since there will be no exorbitant bills anymore one will be charged on ones consumption
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by vicfajeze: 4:05am On Sep 03, 2018
NICE WORK.KEEP IT UP
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by vicfajeze: 4:08am On Sep 03, 2018
YOU ARE RIGHT BROS
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Shantyken(m): 6:43am On Sep 03, 2018
ifiokjohn:
you and this ur apc, m beginning to think you have been paid by apc.
Hear it now, if apc can't help imo,kogi, benue oyo and edo they can't and will not help akwa ibom.

akwa ibom is for pdp and pdp is for akwa ibom. either you join the moving train( udom) or you will be push out because you are of no consequence in akwa ibom politics.

Akwa ibom Dakkada
bros u knw that is nt true, mbok say something else
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by Shantyken(m): 6:52am On Sep 03, 2018
ifiokjohn:
is his local govt not part of akwa ibom?
Please you guys should leave udom alone. We that know what udom is doing and will do in his second tenure are behind..

No place for apc in akwa ibom. We don't want to be like edo, kogi,benue,osun and etc
even udom knws his fate
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by richeeyo(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2018
The smaller populated Ghana As three of such industries So whats making the larger populated Nigeria rejoice
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2018
Shantyken:
even udom knws his fate
yea. Udoms already knows that he will be re- elected come 2019 God willing...
Not apc,not buhari not federal might can or will stop udom re election.....
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2018
Shantyken:
what i know is that akwa ibom will reelect udom for second term...Abi make we bet?
Udom will win re election and nothing go stop am
Re: Inside Metering Industry In Akwa Ibom State (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 10:38am On Sep 03, 2018
Shantyken:
what i know is that akwa ibom will reelect udom for second term...Abi make we bet?
Udom will win re election and nothing go stop am!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bet9ja Agents Lament ‘unprofitable’ New Target Policy / Importing European Wine Into Nigeria / Why French President Honored Mike Adenuga With Highest Honor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.