Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Youth Corpers And Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Youth Corpers And Tithing (689 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2018
Happy Sunday People,
According to the Biblical explanation of Tithe giving, pls is a Corper meant to pay tithes also. I mean a corper receiving the 19,800 from govt and 5k from a private school with no other source of income aside the two stated above.
If Yes he's to pay, is it the 10% from the 5k alone that's to be tithed or the 10% from the addition of the 19,800 and the 5,000.
I'm asking cos the 19,800 isn't really an income per se.
Bible scholars in the house please help out.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Shelumiel: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:
Happy Sunday People,
According to the Biblical explanation of Tithe giving, pls is a Corper meant to pay tithes also. I mean a corper receiving the 19,800 from govt and 5k from a private school with no other source of income aside the two stated above.
If Yes he's to pay, is it the 10% from the 5k alone that's to be tithed or the 10% from the addition of the 19,800 and the 5,000.
Good morning Sir . I read your post and I decided to ask you some questions :does God need your money ...If yes , then why do you pay ; if no then why do you refuse paying ?
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2018
Shelumiel:
Good morning Sir . I read your post and I decided to ask you some question :does God need your money ...If yes , then why do you pay ; if no then why do refuse paying ?

No, God himself doesn't need my money but my Thanksgiving. But I think Churches need the tithe for their maintenance. I haven't decided to pay or not to pay ghats why I'm here for clarification.
My thought
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Nbote(m): 11:02am On Sep 02, 2018
Who u dey ask?? If U are convinced on tithing den U shld go ahead and give 10% of ur total earnings...

1 Like

Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Shelumiel: 11:03am On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:

No, God himself doesn't need my money but my Thanksgiving. But I think Churches need the tithe for their maintenance. I haven't decided to pay or not to pay ghats why I'm here for clarification.
My thought
Then why are you so bothered about Tithe since you know that God is only interested in your thanksgiving. ..?
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by MJBOLT: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2018
corpers should not pay tithes
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by alex81(m): 11:15am On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:
Happy Sunday People,
Yes pay ur tithes for both earnings.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2018
Shelumiel:
Then why are you so bothered about Tithe since you know that God is only interested in your thanksgiving. ..?

Cos the Bible said we should pay 10% of our monthly income to the church. You can correct me if I'm wrong though.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Nbote:
Who u dey ask?? If U are convinced on tithing den U shld go ahead and give 10% of ur total earnings...

I'm convinced about tithing but not about a Corpers own since what we receive is allowance not Salary.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2018
MJBOLT:
corpers should not pay tithes

Please kindly explain why Corpers should not
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Shelumiel: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:

Cos the Bible said we should pay 10% of our monthly income to the church. You can correct me if I'm wrong though.
So what are you waiting for ? Go and pay . Or do you think it is necessary to seek consultation to what you already know? Tithe paying is a covenant between a man and his God . God does not need your tithe ; He needs your obedience . Now go and pay .
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Andy2274: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2018
Some people sef. If you want to pay your tithe pay and if you don't want to pay keep the money. Tithe is not by force and you don't need a bible scholar to tell you what to do.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Nbote(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:

I'm convinced about tithing but not about a Corpers own since what we receive is allowance not Salary.

D problem is U are not convinced and U jus need a justification not to... How is corper's allowee allowance and not salary?? U have ur mind already made up and all U jus seek is irrelevant..
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:
Happy Sunday People,

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
Shelumiel:
So what are you waiting for ? Go and pay . Or do you think it is necessary to seek consultation to what you already know? Tithe paying is a covenant between a man and his God . God does not need your tithe ; He needs your obedience . Now go and pay .

Thanks for your responses. I am sure of paying tithe which I want to do. One more question which no one has really answered. Does the allawee qualify as an Income. That's the main question I want to be answered.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nbote:

D problem is U are not convinced and U jus need a justification not to... How is corper's allowee allowance and not salary?? U have ur mind already made up and all U jus seek is irrelevant..

I'm responsible for what I post not for what you understand. If that's what you feel... good for you
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Nbote(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:

Thanks for your responses. I am sure of paying tithe which I want to do. One more question which no one has really answered. Does the allawee qualify as an Income. That's the main question I want to be answered.

Oga Stop looking for an excuse, if U want to pay ur tithe go ahead and pay... Stop trying to differentiate what shld b tithed on and what shldnt.. Which one is income and allowance?? Isn't it paid at d end of d month to U for ur service?
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Shelumiel: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:

Did God use the word salary either ? If the Jews pay their tithes on almost everything; then what is your excuse for not paying ? Or do you need an excuse ? If you want an excuse on why you should not pay your tithe, then simply say so .
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:
Happy Sunday People,
This is my submission : Follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
Have heard different opinions, wud weigh it all. Thank y'all
Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by harley88(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Read deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 vs 28.
Thanks, read it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youth Corpers And Tithing by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2018
harley88:

Thanks, read it
uw

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors With Their Fake Miracles, Scamming Gullible Nigerians(must Read / Don Daniels Receives Mercedes Benz Worth 12 Million Naira As Gift (pics) / Roman Jesus Versus Jewish MESSIAH.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.