Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake (495 Views)

Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Mankind Fell Into Sin But Has Been Uplifted By God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake by modaink333: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2018
The gospel of Mark 7, 18-23

18 “You are no more intelligent than the others,” Jesus said to them. “Don't you understand? Nothing that goes into you from the outside can really make you unclean, 19 because it does not go into your heart but into your stomach and then goes on out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared that all foods are fit to be eaten.)

20 And he went on to say, “It is what comes out of you that makes you unclean. 21 For from the inside, from your heart, come the evil ideas which lead you to do immoral things, to rob, kill, 22 commit adultery, be greedy, and do all sorts of evil things; deceit, indecency, jealousy, slander, pride, and folly— 23 all these evil things come from inside you and make you unclean.”
Re: This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake by Nbote(m): 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
D bible have neva condemned alcohol intake... All d bible has always frowned and spoke against is drunkenness/Excessive drinking. Taking alcohol doesn't make U a drunk jus as taking food doesn't make U a glutton. Doing anything in excess is eat makes it sinful.
Re: This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake by generationz(f): 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
the question

(1)Jews drank wine and it was alcoholic
(2) Jesus Christ too drank wine and it was alcoholic
(3) Jesus first miracle was turning water to wine

but I will tell you why a born again christian shouldn't drink alcohol at all.

my question: (1)Can you offer the driver of a vehicle you are in alcohol while he is in transit?

(2) If you discover that the pilot (s) flying the plane you are in has a bottle of drink by his side which he sips from wouldn't you be alarmed and report him to the appropriate authorities.

The other day , I was on a bike and smelt the stench of alcohol on the rider's body I began to pray silently for a safe journey lol

So why is this thing so bad drunk driving is the number one cause of road accidents yearly and in western countries strict measures are taken against drunk driver?

when you become born your body becomes the temple of God and the holyspirit begins to recide in you. As a christian, you are expected to walk daily with him. Now , the spirit is a person that can speak at anytime. 80 percent of the time, his means of communication is a knowing or through your heart.. He hardly speaks in an audible voice except on Serious issues. Also it takes years to master the voice of the spirit because there are many voices in the world including the voice of our flesh and that of the devil. Now imagine you are intoxicated almost every time

can the spirit flow through you
can he communicate with you
you will never be alert like a soldier waiting for the next command to act.

Alcohol is powerful ,grape and hops used in making them aren't a sin. God created it.

however Alcohol is very powerful. It leads people to do things they never intended doing
It destroys life especially when you are addicted to it.
It is a time waster .
It begets. violent people.
it makes you waste your money.
it makes you say things you never intended to say.

The intoxicating power can destroy a life

proverbs 23 vs 29- 35. expanciates on it.

Who has woe? Who has sorrow?
Who has strife? Who has complaints?
Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
Those who linger over wine,
who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
Do not gaze at wine when it is red,
when it sparkles in the cup,
when it goes down smoothly!
In the end it bites like a snake
and poisons like a viper.
Your eyes will see strange sights,
and your mind will imagine confusing things.
You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, 34
lying on top of the rigging.
“They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt! 35
They beat me, but I don’t feel it!
When will I wake up
so I can find another drink?”

read those bible verses and tell me if you would even listen to a christian who comes like that to preach to you.

Alcohol isn't food that you cant live without.
The disadvantages far out way the advantages. if you need something to celebrate a pack of juice will make do.

Even those who have gone on prolonged fasting and prayers found food disgusting the moment they tried to eat again. Yes too much food too can disrupt your spiritual Chanel and ability to connect into the spiritual realm.

so if food that we can't live without is like this why should you even take alcohol at all. you don't even need it so why risk it and then get addicted.

why did Jews drink alcohol?

Because they had always drunk alcohol even before they left Egypt. in fact Jacob did a libation after his sons killed the man who raped Dinah.
but the most important reason why were allowed to drink was because they didn't have Gods spirit in them

you would discover that the requirement for all nazirites was that they must never drink alcohol like Samson.
infact in Leviticus 10 vs 9 was that any priest who went into the tent of meeting after drinking wine would die.

Today because of Jesus Christ all born again Christians are Nazirites ( set apart for God) and priests ( have equal access to The throne room ,holy of holies of God through the blood. sacrifice of jesus)
If God is with us everywhere why will you go about tipsy that's an insult on grace.

why did Jesus turn water to wine

well his first miracle of turning wasn't for believers. the Holyspirit hadn't come upon any body then. The wedding wasn't attended by anybody who believed in Jesus as the saviour ( not even his family) , he had not died and reason yet which was the necessary requirement for the salvation of believers.
Also the wine was a necessity at the wedding . No more wine was like no more food on Nigerian weddings . that was tantamount to disgrace to the groom.

why did Jesus drink wine?

Matthew 11:18-19 New International Version (NIV)
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

Paul said

1 Corinthians 9:20-22 New Living Translation (NLT)
When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.

Jesus could never have been drunk.

But to share his message of the kingdom of Godhe had to mix with the fishermen ,prostitutes ,tax collctors and cast away. remember his disciples were mostly people like these . In fact these people where surprisingly the ones who loved him more and where most receptive of him and not the ' I too know' priests and pharisees

It takes spiritual maturity to be in the world and not be of the world.
My brother was addicted to alcohol and was a chain cigarette and weed smoker and womanizer.
he gave his life to Christ and stopped everything completely.
He started evangelizing.
one day , he met a group of guys drinking and smoking. He started preaching to them how he was able to overcome his addictions They refused to believe that he was ever a weed smoker because of his ajebutter looks.
they also failed to listen because they felt ' you born again Christians are too judgemental '

By the corner he observed one guy trying to wrap weed. He took it from him and wrapped the weed like a professional. He even stated certain facts . They were all left speechless and began to open up about how they had all tried to overcome the addiction and were being judged by society. That Sunday five guys followed my bro from the Jedi joint to church and became born again instantly.

it takes wisdom ,the leading of the spirit and spiritual maturity to try this out

however if in any other case flee from all apperances of evil
Re: This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2018
Problem with Nigerians is that they mix religion with morality and they are foolishly proud of it just like the lady above me.
Taking moderate alcohol doesn't in any way make someone less a Christian. Anything outside those 10 commandments is not bad except when done in a manner that it negatively affects another (love your neighbour). If not, why didn't God add alcoholism in the commandments or are you Christians wiser than Him?
Re: This Is The Bible Verse Why Alcohol Intake Is Not A Sin But It's High Intake by deebrain(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nbote:
D bible have neva condemned alcohol intake... All d bible has always frowned and spoke against is drunkenness/Excessive drinking. Taking alcohol doesn't make U a drunk jus as taking food doesn't make U a glutton. Doing anything in excess is eat makes it sinful.

Lovely

(1) (Reply)

Will The Real Atheists Please Stand Up? / #nigeriaat58: Oyedepo Reveals Nigerian Politicians That Will Die Before 2019 / Seven Women And A Pastor, Arrested For Praying Naked During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.