Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria (2174 Views)

Zamfara Govt Asks Residents To Get Guns For Self Defence / I Killed Him In Self Defence – Akwa Ibom Corper Explains / NDA Past Questions And Answers (nigerian Defence Academy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by rhajaan(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
Silver Allyance BJJ(SABJJ) is Nigeria's first registered Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy with Team Jiu Jitsu Alavanca and the only West African Affiliate with BJJ Globetrotters based in the United States.

BJJ is often regarded as the most effective system of self defense globally as it has for more than 10 decades tested its system against every other martial arts system known to man. SABJJ introduces Series 1 of the Adult defense Program (ADP) and Kids Bullyproof Program. 4-6 weeks certified BJJ Training course, series 1.

The objective is to develop an energy efficient and technical oriented self defense system that guarantees safety and addresses the realities in a no-rules street fight scenario. This would require leverage, ground grappling, take-downs and submission techniques.

For further enquiries

www.silverallyancebjj.com

Visit our YouTube channel below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8jhKbDLWYM
Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by captainking(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2018
rhajaan:
Silver Allyance BJJ(SABJJ) is Nigeria's first registered Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy with Team Jiu Jitsu Alavanca and the only West African Affiliate with BJJ Globetrotters based in the United States.

BJJ is often regarded as the most effective system of self defense globally as it has for more than 10 decades tested its system against every other martial arts system known to man. SABJJ introduces Series 1 of the Adult defense Program (ADP) and Kids Bullyproof Program. 4-6 weeks certified BJJ Training course, series 1.

The objective is to develop an energy efficient and technical oriented self defense system that guarantees safety and addresses the realities in a no-rules street fight scenario. This would require leverage, ground grappling, take-downs and submission techniques.

For further enquiries

Visit our YouTube channel below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8jhKbDLWYM
It's awesome.. I believe Jiu jitsu martial artists have won World martial arts competition the most... What do you think about krav maga?
Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by rhajaan(m): 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
captainking:

It's awesome.. I believe Jiu jitsu martial artists have won World martial arts competition the most... What do you think about krav maga?

Krav maga....it is a good technique...but I really don’t think it’s equipped to handle someone much larger than you, compared to BJJ which gives you a realistic chance of survival when you are obviously disadvantaged..

2 Likes

Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by captainking(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
rhajaan:

Krav maga....it is a good technique...but I really don’t think it’s equipped to handle someone much larger than you, compared to BJJ which gives you a realistic chance of survival when you are obviously disadvantaged..
But krav maga techniques equips one with skills to take down even big opponents as it requires swift strike to vital areas..but no doubt BJJ is awesome.. And I would love to learn it. Do you guys have office in port Harcourt??
Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by rhajaan(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
captainking:

But krav maga techniques equips one with skills to take down even big opponents as it requires swift strike to vital areas..but no doubt BJJ is awesome.. And I would love to learn it. Do you guys have office in port Harcourt??
No office yet outside Lagos....
Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by rhajaan(m): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Silver Allyance BJJ. Martial Arts and Fitness.

Recently, Ese's life was under severe attack by an unscrupulous vigilante in utter willingness to register his courage and prove to community residents that the vigilante group is functional.

Ese would simply have been a victim especially has he had to defend his life almost for the first time with an already injured shoulder...

Ese immediately closed the distance, maintained a clinch and executed a take down in form of a pull-guard. With the bad guy in his guard (a secret positional control in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu), Ese disarmed him and executed a kimura to force his opponent to submit the cutlass. Ese executed a guard sweep, maintained a dominant side control, transitioned to full mount and submitted the bad guy with an armed bar. As the bad guy struggled his way to break the arm bar, Ese transitioned to a triangle choke (giant killer) and choked the bad guy unconscious within 7 seconds. This choke temporarily suspended the flow of oxygen to the brain which Ese released to prevent permanent brain damage and consequently death.

Ese and the bad guy were safe, no injuries, no bruises. Simple defeat with simple techniques.

(Still wondering whether to learn Brazillian Jiu Jitsu?)

Enrol for the 1st Series (6 weeks- weekend only) of the Adult Defense Program(ADP) at Silver Allyance BJJ.

Commencement- 22nd September 2018.

For Enquiries, call 08035353157, 07034422431

Info@silverallyancebjj.com

1 Like

Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by LagBlogger(m): 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2019
OP

I wish to commend your efforts in bringing BJJ to Nigeria but don't mislead people. There is no such thing as best self defense martial arts/system. It's mostly about the practitioner and to a lesser extent the art.

Secondly BJJ as a self defense system only works well against single opponents and on soft ground (such as in the ring but not concrete ground). For street fighting even BJJ black belts will tell you striking martial arts work (boxing, kickboxing, karate and Silat etc) better than grappling (BJJ, Judo Wrestling etc) for obvious reasons.

All the same well done for introducing BJJ to Nigeria and I wish you guys success in your ventures.
Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by rhajaan(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
LagBlogger:
OP

I wish to commend your efforts in bringing BJJ to Nigeria but don't mislead people. There is no such thing as best self defense martial arts/system. It's mostly about the practitioner and to a lesser extent the art.

Secondly BJJ as a self defense system only works well against single opponents and on soft ground (such as in the ring but not concrete ground). For street fighting even BJJ black belts will tell you striking martial arts work (boxing, kickboxing, karate and Silat etc) better than grappling (BJJ, Judo Wrestling etc) for obvious reasons.

All the same well done for introducing BJJ to Nigeria and I wish you guys success in your ventures.

Nice comment. However, this position would have been exactly as you have stated if both fighters are mixed martial artists. If not, the odds are heavier against a clear-cut stand-up fighter with no grappling experience for reasons below:

1. Jiu-Jitsu provides specific guidance against other martial art disciplines. Many martial arts disciplines (not all) are often focused on non-martial artists or practitioners of related disciplines.

2. Jiu-Jitsu up till this moment is globally recognized as that discipline which adequately prepares one for real street combat, where no point system, rules, time limits or referees are allowed.

3. Contrary to popular belief, Jiu-Jitsu is not entirely a grappling art, its self defense techniques on and off the mat has brought so many practitioners within its fold.

4. More importantly, jiu jitsu emphasizes on leverage and techniques that work perfectly against bigger and stronger opponents as kicks and strikes by a smaller and weaker person (some women for example) may not easily end the fight as many often assume even where such strikes are at the groin areas. You may have created a much angrier opponent to deal with.

5. Finally, your claim that the fighters make the outcome and not the art was the world's understanding until the first UFC event in 1993. The issue was.. Lets stop asking which art was better, lets see it proved in a closed cage. This cage became known as the Octagon, its door is shot against the fighters who are left to determine the outcome. To avoid any excuses from fighters, time limits did not apply. No gloves, complete bare knuckles. All rules were expunged except two based on the State Athletic Commission. They are - No bitting and no eye gouging. Every participant represented a particular martial art discipline -karate, taekwondo, judo, wrestling, sambo, sumo, boxing etc. The Brazilian jiu jitsu (BJJ) representative (Royce Gracie) was the smallest and lightest in weight amongst the fighters. The tournament was for a single day with each fighter engaging in about 3 fights in one night. To shorten the story, Royce Gracie won the tournament. The tournament was repeated in what became UFC 2 with 4 fights in one night, Royce Gracie won again and again in the UFC 3 Event before moving to Japan. He either had his opponents in joint locks or chokeholds, an entirely unfamiliar terrain to them.

Things have changed in the mixed martial arts world, as most MMA Gym prepares their fighters for both stand-up and ground game. Boxers have learnt bjj, karate practitioners have learnt it too... Royce wont perhaps submit them so easily as he did earlier...as they now have a ground game.

A good grappler dictates where he wants the fight to take place, stand up or on the ground and with relentless pressure and ground control, his opponent is quickly out of air. When ground and pound is added, victory is just a walk in the park.

For more information and details on learning BJJ, visit www.silverallyancebjj.com

2 Likes

Re: Juijitsu...best Self Defence Fight Style Now In Nigeria by JanettFlower: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
I admire watching jiu-jitsu and MMA videos. I didn't know this martial art form existed before, until a friend showed it to me. But I decided to take up MMA and now I'm looking for the best mma headgear to get one. So that my training will be safe for me.

(1) (Reply)

Biography Of Tonye Cole Rivers State 2019 APC Guber Candidate| Wife Sylvia Cole / My Top Girls,,check It Out / Anyone Knows The Ambient Temperature In Lagos/ibadan Metro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.