Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida (2963 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / “Buhari Has Achieved A Lot” - Remi Tinubu (Video) / Adeseye Ogunlewe: Tinubu Has Achieved More Than Awolowo, MKO Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Limitednow: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2018

FORMER Military ruler, Ibrahim Babangida, has revealed what the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has achieved since he was democratically elected President.

Messrs Babangida and Buhari ruled the country during the military era, with the former overthrowing the government of the latter.

Mr Babangida was among those who supported Buhari to emerge president in the 2015 election but has so far asked the president not to seek a second term in office.

A similar advice from former President Olusegun Obasanjo urging the incumbent Nigerian leader to drop his 2019 ambition fell on deaf ears as the president has officially declared to vie for re-election.

For Babangida, the only change achieved by the Buhari’s administration since it came to power is moving upward to become the world headquarters of poor people.

“The only change I heard in the last 4 years is by defeating India to become the poorest country in the world,” he said in a tweet on Sunday.

Nigeria recently emerged the nation with the highest number of extremely poor people, a report by Brookings Institution said.

Before now, India used to hold the position with a population of 1.324 billion people as against Nigeria’s 200 million.

The report said the number of Nigerians in extreme poverty increases by six people every minute.

“According to our projections, Nigeria has already overtaken India as the country with the largest number of extremely poor in early 2018, and the Democratic Republic of Congo could soon take over the number 2 spot,” it said.

“At the end of May 2018, our trajectories suggest that Nigeria had about 87 million people in extreme poverty, compared with India’s 73 million. What is more, extreme poverty in Nigeria is growing by six people every minute, while poverty in India continues to fall.

“In fact, by the end of 2018 in Africa as a whole, there will probably be about 3.2 million more people living in extreme poverty than there is today.

“Africans account for about two-thirds of the world’s extreme poor and that If current trends persist, Africa will account for nine-tenths by 2030.

“Fourteen out of 18 countries in the world—where the number of extreme poor is rising—are in Africa,” the report added.

In March, the International Monetary Fund had said Nigerians are getting poorer saying there is a need for coherent and comprehensive economic reforms.

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/buhari-achieved-babangida/

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by NwaNimo1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
its the truth...,,,Buhari is the worst president ever,

7 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
He defeated India to make Nigeria the poorest country after four years.

What an uppercut? grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Limitednow: 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
grin
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Limitednow: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by FODA(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2018
Lifeless to poorest ,knock out for pmb.

3 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2018
IBB is an IPOB yoot- ngeneukwenu.

It's such a shame that some animals have the effrontery to still campaign for Buhari...How?

Buhari is just the worst! Chaii

6 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by DrRasheed: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2018
This man now get mout..?

Very soon the whole working class of civil servants will be tagged poors except that useless criteria of poverty analysis being used is corrected.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Alejoc(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2018
Propaganda
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by YourImaginaryBF: 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2018
i stand with Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
YourImaginaryBF:
i stand with Buhari.

IBB was talking to people that have sense, not zombies..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by YourImaginaryBF: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

defender of criminals point taken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
YourImaginaryBF:
defender of criminals point taken.

Forgery is not corruption people, I've seen you.
Tinubu is a saint. I hail you.
Lawal only cut grass defender, we greet you.
Defender of tyrants and hater of democracy we salute you...

Shey if my criminal comes to APC he becomes a saint? That line is stale thou Hausa boy!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by YourImaginaryBF: 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Shey if my criminal comes to APC he becomes a saint? That line is stale thou Hausa boy!
If you have a case with Adeosun take it up to court and stop whining like a child, your arguments are invalid.

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by clarocuzioo(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2018
“The only change I heard in the last 4 years is by defeating India to become the poorest country in the world,” he said in a tweet on Sunday.

Honestly speaking this is the only true change this administration has brought upon Nigeria and Nigerians.
The old woman in the village, the homeless people in the IDPs, the unemployed youths on the streets can all testify to this "Change".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
YourImaginaryBF:
If you have a case with Adeosun take it up to court and stop whining like a child, your arguments are invalid.

Why have you not taken the 'criminals' I defend to court? Typical zombie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by YourImaginaryBF: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Why have you not taken the 'criminals' I defend to court? Typical zombie.
Because you'll call it witch-hunt, or lizard hunt, or whatever.
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by MartinCorridon: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes Buhari failed and he did all he's been accused of BUT

IBB didnt say this
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
YourImaginaryBF:
Because you'll call it witch-hunt, or lizard hunt, or whatever.

SMH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by YourImaginaryBF: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2018

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by godliman: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

If I were Evans the kidnapper- General of the federation I will decamp to Apc and have my case canceled.

3 Likes

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
godliman:
If I were Evans the kidnapper- General of the federation I will decamp to Apc and have my case canceled.

Very simple..
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by yrex01(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2018
If u like call him zombie, dullard, mumu, lifeless but to me o, "pdp"? God forbid !!

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by vedaxcool(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
IpobBB does not know anything about poverty except looting.

Nairaland has refused to push this thread to the front page which would have educated many posters on this thread about the problem of poverty.

https://www.nairaland.com/4702607/throwback-61-nigeria-poverty-2012

Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Lush100(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

laugh wan kill me
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by DinoMelaye(m): 6:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by Lipscomb(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
Rogue .
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by modik(m): 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
YourImaginaryBF:
i stand with Buhari.

Even in the pit of recession and poverty

Lol
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by slivertongue: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2018
Class pls clap 4GMB. he defeated almighty India. Nigeria is now number 1-Niaja is d poorest country.he has done it again
Re: What Buhari Has Achieved So Far – Babangida by sunsewa16: 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2018
zombies cannever understand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Special Announcement For Anambra Voters In Lagos / Kano Mourns Over Death Of Buhari / “your Daughter Is Like A Slay Queen” – Omokiri Blasts Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.