Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? (2214 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / This High-rise Tower In China Isn't A Housing Block, It's A Pig Farm / I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by marshalldgreat(m): 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
Please is N1, 000,000 enough to start up a pig farm? I have a fenced 2 plots of land already... I'll appreciate it if i can get a cost breakdown of things needed for a start...
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by Rhozabeth(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2018
My candid opinion: 1million is more than enough to start a pig business, however it is important u start small, learn the tricks and watch it grow! If u are not gonna be on ground things will not work, u must manage it urself at least at least to an extent that when somebody is telling u stories u will be able to deduce what could actually have happened!

3 Likes

Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by marshalldgreat(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2018
Rhozabeth:
My candid opinion: 1million is more than enough to start a pig business, however it is important u start small, learn the tricks and watch it grow! If u are not gonna be on ground things will not work, u must manage it urself at least at least to an extent that when somebody is telling u stories u will be able to deduce what could actually have happened!
thank you please can you give me a cost breakdown of the materials needed for a start?
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by Alejoc(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Rhozabeth:

I strongly second this opinion!

2 Likes

Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by blackgold90(m): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2018
marshalldgreat:
thank you please can you give me a cost breakdown of the materials needed for a start?

Buy like 3 female and 1male pigs, search online for pig pen,then build either block pen or wooden pig pen.
Hit fast food joint for collection of their waste food plus akamu dealer for shaft

There is an e-book that cover this

1 Like

Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by aladesuyi(m): 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes it is. What do you have in mind?
1. Is it to buy growers (young ones) n breed for sale or

2. Do you want to grow your stock through breeding with about to cross (big female/ male) to give u babies.

You have to know precisely what you want from the beginning and you can combine both, feed to maturity and cash in from time to time.
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by marshalldgreat(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
aladesuyi:
Yes it is. What do you have in mind?
1. Is it to buy growers (young ones) n breed for sale or

2. Do you want to grow your stock through breeding with about to cross (big female/ male) to give u babies.

You have to know precisely what you want from the beginning and you can combine both, feed to maturity and cash in from time to time.
which would you advice? I am a newbie in this line... Please your advice will be appreciated... Thank you
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by marshalldgreat(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2018
Please guys i need help here
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by odysey: 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
marshalldgreat:
Please guys i need help here

since you're a newbie hire experienced hand or hands or pay for the e-book someone suggested. o want to go in2 it 2 but with 5m

success
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by aladesuyi(m): 6:27am On Sep 03, 2018
Pls are u within lagos0ogun state axis as I can only recommend that you come to oke aro pig farm and have a one on one experience with those that are already into the business and btw two days and a week you should be able to know what you want

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by marshalldgreat(m): 7:28am On Sep 03, 2018
aladesuyi:
Pls are u within lagos0ogun state axis as I can only recommend that you come to oke aro pig farm and have a one on one experience with those that are already into the business and btw two days and a week you should be able to know what you want
No, I'm in Bayelsa
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by GREATP1(m): 8:00am On Sep 03, 2018
aladesuyi:

Please can I have your contact. I need to visit the one aro pig farm. I am in ogun state.
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by Rhozabeth(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2018
marshalldgreat:
The money is not enough to build a pen but u can rent one. Then u need to be in close contact with other pig farmers in order to learn the tricks of feeding them cos that's where ur profit will either to or come from!
I suggest u start with 6-10 piglets more of female!
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by aladesuyi(m): 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
My contact is 08064388939
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by adisabarber(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
1 million is not enough because you have no knowledge of this business. With knowledge, 300k will be more than enough. Use 100k to start in you fenced compound. Buy 4 male piglets and raise them to market size then you can decide if it's a business you want to spend your life doing.
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by kunleweb: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2018
Interesting
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by okoroemeka(m): 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
as a professional pig farmer this is what you will do to raise more funds in piggery in the shortest time,budget 250,000 for one hall of 40×40 feet it will be roofed with used aluminium sheets and dwarf walls of 4 feet high.budget 400,000 for 100 sound weaners at oke aro farm settlement and 50,000 for transport, budget 300,000 for feeding and drugs for 5-6 months and the least pig you will sale there will be 25,000,but in your side it will be far more.if you know what you doing,you are based in baylesa feed avaliblity will be an issue.contact me whatsapp 08119942049 meglee farms,imo state,for more info .if u need good weaner in the east you will budget 6-7000k its your choice ,oke aro will give you more choice from hundreds even thousands of pigs but transport is an issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by Willie2015: 1:22am On Dec 30, 2018
marshalldgreat:
Please is N1, 000,000 enough to start up a pig farm? I have a fenced 2 plots of land already... I'll appreciate it if i can get a cost breakdown of things needed for a start...

-Dont start a project in this way..go and keep this money in Treasury Bills
- Attach yourself to a pig farmer for the next six months in the place you want to start your farm
- Learn all you need to know in raising quality pigs at the cheapest available cost
- Learn the marketing angle which is the Koko
-At the end of six months, u will be able to put a biz plan together to see how far N1m can go.....

2 Likes

Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by BECALMBECALM(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
I want to commend okoroemeka and wellie2015.You guys are just good.Very honest and matured advice.These are the kind of people we need in this forum. Op , please listen to their advice and follow it.God bless you.
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by BECALMBECALM(m): 5:05am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year my people. Okoroemeka i understand you are a professional pig farmer.Are you sure 300,000 naira can feed 100 weaners for 5- 6 months in order to attain market size? I also confuse how one can use 250,000 naira to construct a pen that can accomodate 100 weaners to maturity?These are my confusion from what you said.Please can you explain further.I intend establishing a pig farm in either delta state or Akwa ibom state.Thank you and God bless you.
okoroemeka:
as a professional pig farmer this is what you will do to raise more funds in piggery in the shortest time,budget 250,000 for one hall of 40×40 feet it will be roofed with used aluminium sheets and dwarf walls of 4 feet high.budget 400,000 for 100 sound weaners at oke aro farm settlement and 50,000 for transport, budget 300,000 for feeding and drugs for 5-6 months and the least pig you will sale there will be 25,000,but in your side it will be far more.if you know what you doing,you are based in baylesa feed avaliblity will be an issue.contact me whatsapp 08119942049 meglee farms,imo state,for more info .if u need good weaner in the east you will budget 6-7000k its your choice ,oke aro will give you more choice from hundreds even thousands of pigs but transport is an issue.
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by priesthood13: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
I'm following.... Thanks for those candid opinion!!

One millions naira is money to start pig farming but if there is no proper PLANNING, the money will be enough for anything.

I will advice you start small and grow big.....

Meet farmers..... practicing farmers not seminar/online farmers for help.

I served in Bayelsa 2014 - 2015. Akkeddei community under Sagbama Local Govt. The route there is at the Jetty at Amassoma.

I'm a pig farmer based in Ogun state... I can assist with the needed training, breed, feeds etc
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by okoroemeka(m): 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
BECALMBECALM:
Happy new year my people. Okoroemeka i understand you are a professional pig farmer.Are you sure 300,000 naira can feed 100 weaners for 5- 6 months in order to attain market size? I also confuse how one can use 250,000 naira to construct a pen that can accomodate 100 weaners to maturity?These are my confusion from what you said.Please can you explain further.I intend establishing a pig farm in either delta state or Akwa ibom state.Thank you and God bless you.
I can even build a pen that will contain 100 pigs with half of that estimate using tree sap offcuts for walls,used aluminum sheets,local sand and stones and offcut woods,pigs need very strong floor and its not compulsory to roof the entire hall 40% can be left open for them to enjoy the rain,I have seen many farms like that in Jo's,kafanchan and Ibadan.
Re: Is 1million Naira Enough To Start Up A Pig Farm? by okoroemeka(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
and for the feeding part it is a trade secret formula,farming is my occupation and I must have an edge having spent years in the biz,I have been to oke aro and ikorodu on several occasions looking for good pig species and also to the biggest pig market in Nigeria at kafancha and most of the big pig farms in nigeria,if I tell u something can be done in piggery believe me it can be done if u know what u are doing.

(1) (Reply)

15 Ton Of Limestone Needed Urgently / Tomatoes And Pepper Investments Very Lucrative!!! / PHOTO: A Living Tree Grown Into A Garden Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.