Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

If You Are A Farmer Come In! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / If You Are A Farmer Come In! (407 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / 'My Name Is Ogochukwu Maduako, I Am A Farmer And A Recycler" / Watermelon Experts And Farmer Come Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are A Farmer Come In! by Eudes(m): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2018
I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit." - Charles de Lint.

There is a new development that is currently going on to support farmers in Nigeria, especially small and medium scale farmers. A new NGO that is trying to transform the agro sector in Nigeria to bridge the gap between the rich and poor in order to favor low income farmers in the country is looking for the right data to achieve its mission.

To ensure that the major problems are resolved we are trying to get important data from the horse's mouth (farmers). From recent research it was discovered that there are many small and medium scale farmers that cover more than 80% of farmers we have in Nigeria. Despite the huge population of farmers in Nigeria, it seems there are limited opportunities in the export market for our farmers.

This thread is opened for all farmers in Nigeria who wish to export their agricultural produce. The data we are trying to gather are the major challenges our local farmers face when they try to enter the export market. Let's take this personally - tell us as e dey take affect you (talk your own).

HOW CAN WE HELP YOUR FARMING BUSINESS TO ENTER THE EXPORT MARKET? What do you need most?

Please, let's try and be polite with our comments. Looking forward to recording your valuable comments. I wish all of us good luck in our various endeavors.
Re: If You Are A Farmer Come In! by d4real890(m): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
wow what a nice post,I'm into aquaculture business(catfish farming) but the challenges is do I make the necessary protocols to export or supply departmental stores?But the issue is the market women are not helping the matters I'm always running in debts ;If there is anything you could do to make the fishing business profitable I will be glad to show me the way,(but note I don't have any cash to spend or send right now)all I can say is I onwould never be an ingrate so help me God.
Re: If You Are A Farmer Come In! by Nicogen4us(f): 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
Thanks I am a farmer ,processors and analyst by profession. I will love to come in as an analyst for all export produce analysis,MSDC document and many other such as Quality control assurance aspect.
Re: If You Are A Farmer Come In! by abdullkabar(m): 12:07am On Sep 03, 2018
Am an aspiring farmer,cassava will be for a start.i have been studying why cassava farmers arent really enjoying the business,seems i will chill here to read comments.
Am faced with the challenge of funds and will not mind borrowing or partnering.
Re: If You Are A Farmer Come In! by moshoodtex: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
Thanks, My problem is marketing of my cassava to serious buyers, and lack of money to run my farm.

(1) (Reply)

Point Of Lay Birds And Transporting Crates Available For Sale. Call 07062828943 / Imported Battery Cage Available For Sale Only At 110,000 Per Unit / 4 Months Old Broilers For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.