Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

2019: Why Imo People Will Miss Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why Imo People Will Miss Me (336 Views)

2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari / 2019: Why PDP Wants To Boycott Elections – Oshiomhole / 2019: Why I Dumped PDP For LP – Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Why Imo People Will Miss Me by theJournalng(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2018
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has stated reasons why he would be missed by the people of the state when he vacates office next year.

The governor said he had done substantially for his people that they will miss him when he hands over in 2019.

The Governor listed free and qualitative education programme in the State and more than 1000 visible projects as some of the reasons he won’t be forgotten in a hurry.

Okorocha said the Imo people will certainly look over their shoulders and admire his 8 years in office.

Okorocha said he has strategically positioned the state for the better after acquiring all the valuable assets sold off by the previous administrations in the state.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, the Governor said, “The free education programme in the State which some opponents of the government had tried to discredit when it was introduced has yielded obvious remarkable results.

“And aside the School enrolment in the State snowballing from 381,000 in 2011 to more than One million in 2017, the State has continued to lead in JAMB applications for the Seventh time now.

“The State has also continued to do very well in WAEC Exams. For instance, in the 2018 Senior School Certificate Exam (SSCE), the State came fifth out of the Thirty-Six States in the Country and the Federal Capital Territory.“

Source: jornalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/09/03/2019-imo-people-will-miss/
Re: 2019: Why Imo People Will Miss Me by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2018
Re: 2019: Why Imo People Will Miss Me by yomi96(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2018
imo people na true say una go miss okorocha,the statue governor?

(1) (Reply)

Youth Group Blows Hot Over The Arrest Of A Popular Activist By A Senator / Nigerians More Divided Under APC Govt, You Can’t Give What You Don’t Have – Sara / Factors That Stand In Favour Of Governor Okezie Ikpeazu:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.