Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar (5701 Views)

Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science) / ASUU Bars Members From Participating In 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Maryoiza(f): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board ( JAMB ), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, has said that the 2019 general elections would not affect the board’s 2019/2020 examination.

He made this remark while fielding questions from journalists shortly after delivering the 2018 Annual Sobo Sowemimo Lecture of the Abeokuta Club in Abeokuta.

Oloyede said that since the Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC ), had given the dates of the elections, then the board would only need to adjust accordingly.

“I don’t think there will be any need for a shift in the examination date because of the 2019 general elections. I believe INEC has done well by giving us a prior notice six months ago.

“They have given us the date of the elections. So we have no excuse not to have adjusted. We have adjusted appropriately,” he said.

Oloyede decried the rate at which candidates, who were not qualified to write the examination applied for it, thereby, causing what he described as “unnecessary luggage” on the board.

He said that the examination body would adopt stiffer measures to check incidences of unqualified candidates from applying and writing the examination for the 2019/2020 admission exercise.

Read Also: ‘JAMB will not be pressured to reduce cost of forms’
Oloyede noted that JAMB would not allow anyone to take undue advantage over others, saying the board would not repeat the mistake it recorded in the last examination as regards this development.

The JAMB registrar said the body would begin the 2019/2020 examination process by October, promising that the procedure for the next examination would be better than the last one.

“We are on with the 2018/2019 admission exercise. This, we started just about a month ago. We believe that by the end of October, we would then begin the 2019/2020 admission.

“I can assure you that we are fine-tuning and learning from our mistakes last year. We are perfecting the processes and procedures, ensuring that no one is allowed to have undue advantage over the others.

Oloyede, who did not disclose the exact number of the applicants expected for the 2019 exercise, said measures had been put in place to ensure that all applicants are minimally qualified.

“It is difficult to say the exact number of applicants we are expecting this time. We expect to crash the number because many of those who are taking the forms are not even prepared or qualified for the exam.

“Some are SS1 students, who are just trying; contributing N5, 000 unduly to our purse. We are putting in place some checks to make people who want to apply to be minimally qualified.

“That’s where we are moving to, rather than creating unrealistic figures. We cannot say actually this is the figure but we are trying to ensure that we don’t have unnecessary luggage.

“We are not interested in the money. We are interested in having adequate preparation for those who are genuine students,” he added.

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-elections-jamb-registrar/

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by DEHVEHLOP(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2018
After checking all threads in crime section, I found out that non of the criminals who have committed crimes so far today are from Northern and South Western part of the country...

Igbo amaka

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by BadiratT: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Kk
Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Bawizzo(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
After checking all threads in crime section, I found out that non of the criminals who have committed crimes so far today are from Northern and South Western part of the country...

Igbo amaka
you cramped dix piece, and d thread doesn't Tally... Sorry bro!

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Centcanada: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Na exam we day talk? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by ProfEinstein: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hopefully Nigeria would have broken up before then and there won't be any need to write this joke of an exam.
Failed state embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Ekikor(m): 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Igbo amaka

What's the relationship between your comment and this thread??..

It's always about tribalism with you guys.. I weep for the youths of this country cry

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by judecares1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
weep not for him for you are already lost

Ekikor:

It's always about tribalism with you guys.. I weep for the youths of this country cry

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by RAPSTARBENHOPE(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Still the same set of thieves
Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by DEHVEHLOP(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ekikor:

Honestly I follow you weep for those biafrans...

They can't reason beyond CRIME!

IPOB AMAKA

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
Maryoiza:
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board ( JAMB ), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, has said that the 2019 general elections would not affect the board’s 2019/2020 examination.

He made this remark while fielding questions from journalists shortly after delivering the 2018 Annual Sobo Sowemimo Lecture of the Abeokuta Club in Abeokuta.

Oloyede said that since the Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC ), had given the dates of the elections, then the board would only need to adjust accordingly.

“I don’t think there will be any need for a shift in the examination date because of the 2019 general elections. I believe INEC has done well by giving us a prior notice six months ago.

“They have given us the date of the elections. So we have no excuse not to have adjusted. We have adjusted appropriately,” he said.

Oloyede decried the rate at which candidates, who were not qualified to write the examination applied for it, thereby, causing what he described as “unnecessary luggage” on the board.

He said that the examination body would adopt stiffer measures to check incidences of unqualified candidates from applying and writing the examination for the 2019/2020 admission exercise.

Oloyede noted that JAMB would not allow anyone to take undue advantage over others, saying the board would not repeat the mistake it recorded in the last examination as regards this development.

The JAMB registrar said the body would begin the 2019/2020 examination process by October, promising that the procedure for the next examination would be better than the last one.

“We are on with the 2018/2019 admission exercise. This, we started just about a month ago. We believe that by the end of October, we would then begin the 2019/2020 admission.

“I can assure you that we are fine-tuning and learning from our mistakes last year. We are perfecting the processes and procedures, ensuring that no one is allowed to have undue advantage over the others.

Oloyede, who did not disclose the exact number of the applicants expected for the 2019 exercise, said measures had been put in place to ensure that all applicants are minimally qualified.

“It is difficult to say the exact number of applicants we are expecting this time. We expect to crash the number because many of those who are taking the forms are not even prepared or qualified for the exam.

“Some are SS1 students, who are just trying; contributing N5, 000 unduly to our purse. We are putting in place some checks to make people who want to apply to be minimally qualified.

“That’s where we are moving to, rather than creating unrealistic figures. We cannot say actually this is the figure but we are trying to ensure that we don’t have unnecessary luggage.

“We are not interested in the money. We are interested in having adequate preparation for those who are genuine students,” he added.

idiot leaders. Who are they deceiving. It's glaring that they will prospone the date because of election.useless leaders
Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by IrepChrist: 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=Maryoiza post=70867273]The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board ( JAMB ), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, has said that the 2019 general elections would not affect the board’s 2019/2020 examination.

http://thenationonlineng.net/2019-elections-jamb-registrar/[/quote

Good news .....Election should not put exams on halt.....

Jesus loves you...

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Igbo amaka

you 4got that joblessness is aldo a crime abi?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Maryoiza(f): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
I hope we will understand someday that we are one Nigeria. we have much bigger problems than what has become the issue of discuss here. Moreso i am yet to see how this topic in any way relates to some of the comments made,

Maryoiza:

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by kaykaymcb(m): 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
Logos that can confidently represent Your brand and attract clients to you....Click the link in my signature for proof!!

Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Oluwolex2000(m): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by Eprolist: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Make money with us in Write and share, check signature
Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by qanda: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
Good
Re: 2019 Elections Will Not Affect JAMB Exams-registrar by GEM19: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
OK

(1) (Reply)

Interesting PSYCHOLOGICAL Facts You may not have known / Meet Prakriti Malla, The Class 8 Student With The 'best Handwriting In World' / Kano Approves 50% Scholarship Increment, To Disburse ₦865 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.