Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? (851 Views)

Is Hip Hop Destroying Black America? / Is Hip-Hop Promoting Violence? / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by toluwalomo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2007
When Hip Hop broke out it it was the East, then it went to the West. That was when the NWA's, Spice 1, Mc Eiht, Warren G and the Deathrow people were in charge.

The South were hardly getting a look-in. Only peeps like Geto Boys were getting reviews.

Now, shesss itz the south all d way.

Just look at the music charts,  itz Young Jezzy,TI, Luda, Lil Wayne, Mike Jones, Yung Joc, Rich Boi and so many others filling our ear drums

Personally, I credit the South for taking Hip Hop to the mainstream, with the bubble-gum rhymes and funny dance routines (of course there are exceptions). Removing the sour taste all the east/west beef left.

Is the South preserving the Hip Hop essence people?

Like Esco said "Hip Hop is dead!
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by Free(f): 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2007
hip hop is dead, been dead

da music dey produce now is CRAP!!!!!
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by bluenubian(f): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2007
whatever!, southern music it is,

its about time, hip hop is in rotation, its jus the south's turn, thats all,

am am feeling every beat, rhyme, step. when last do u remember having so much fun and goofing around on the dance floor?
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by hola2ng(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2007
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by toluwalomo(m): 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2007
I hope the South will lose steam and the Hip Hop crown returns to the East. Datz where it started that is where it belongs.

Enuff of dat laffy taffy crap!
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by bluenubian(f): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2007
if hip hop is dead, then master P is the killer!
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by Free(f): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2007
lol
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by toluwalomo(m): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2007
Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hear ya!

Where are all the Southern Hip Hop Lovers at?

I really want to understand why you love 'bling-bling bubble gum rap"!
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by hoodboi(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2007
I had dis argument wit someone yesterday and we came to d conclusion dat d south is killin hip hop.dey have stupid swags and all, dey rilly fuckin up hip hop. d only good ones re young jeezy, luda and kind of T.I
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by bluenubian(f): 6:14am On Apr 05, 2007
whatever the south put some funk in hip hop, hip pop was getting boring!
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by echowords(m): 12:31am On Apr 07, 2007
what are you saying this south guys are holding hip hop by the neck.Killing us wit whack lyrics
and repeated lame hooks.
look at that rich boi, what is he saying.
just bought a Cadillac,just bought a Cadillac,

overing and over again,how do you expect someone to bump to that huh.
sure i give credits to the good but very few ones
luda,ti,jeezy.etc

but Bleep the rest, angry this snap and crunk music guyz.
especially franchise boyz.
Re: With The South In Charge Is Hip Hop Really Dead In The U.s.? by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 20, 2011
AMEN@ topic!!!!

bluenubian:

if hip hop is dead, then master P is the killer!

Master P, beat it up but Lil John SHOT IT, Lil wayne cremated it, and lastly solja boy scattered the ashes in pig manure! angry

(1) (Reply)

See Me So Vs Letter To My Broda! Could It Be Beef / I Need Some Original Jazz Audio Cds / Tolu Maintain Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.