Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) (83954 Views)

Cult Clash In Sagamu Leaves 25 Dead (graphic) / Fatimah: The Missing 200L NOUN Student Found Dead! (Graphic Photos) / Corpse Of Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu & The Policeman That Shot Her Dead (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Aunty, wehdone. You read one side of the story, most likely the students angle and you suddenly conclude that the motorpark is at fault. Is that how you resolve conflict?
@bolded, no one has monopoly of anger, who says the motorpark officials didn't also need their anger to be appeased? Students in higher institution who are supposed to be more sensible and respectful than largely uneducated motorpark touts decided that the best way to settle a score is to pick a fight cos they felt slighted.
So much for education.

You get sense jare
The same thing I told the few ones among them when they were picking up arms. I can't fathom how supposed educated peeps will engage in fisticuffs with touts. I suspect though, that majority of them are the frustrated students or those already withdrawn who are looking for excuses to get the school locked up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by PrincessB1(f): 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
EsotericMonk:

Aunty, wehdone. You read one side of the story, most likely the students angle and you suddenly conclude that the motorpark is at fault. Is that how you resolve conflict?
@bolded, no one has monopoly of anger, who says the motorpark officials didn't also need their anger to be appeased? Students in higher institution who are supposed to be more sensible and respectful than largely uneducated motorpark touts decided that the best way to settle a score is to pick a fight cos they felt slighted.
So much for education.

It's not about reading one side of the story but about the usage of the word "sorry".

Who does'nt know the importance of sorry?
This situation is not limited to them alone but to every phenomenon that involves two or more parties.
It can happen between couples, family, best friends, political parties and more.

Irrespective of the offender or offendee, if "sorry" was initiated the matter won't escalate thus far.

Sorry, am sorry, we are sorry works wonders. That was my point.
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by cobumneke(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
The evil encantations and enchantments done on Nigeria by those Saudi malams in 2015 for buhari to win election is still working, again an average Muslim of northern Nigerian origin is very violent as Islam is a religion of violence, hence this barberic actions always in northern Nigeria.
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by PrincessB1(f): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by positivethought: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
Correctgist:
A conflict between students of the Federal Polytechnic Bida and Indigenes of Bida culminated in the death of multiple people while several were injured and are currently receiving treatment in the hospital. According to reports, the clash was started by a conflict between a commercial river and students of Bida poly who boarded his vehicle and it soon escalated to become a communal clash. The students reportedly boarded a commercial bus from Minna to Bida on Saturday and agreed with the driver to take them straight to the campus.

But when they got to Bida, the driver took them to the park and ended the journey, informing them that that is normally the final bus stop. The students, who had paid to be taken to the campus, went to the garage officials to lay their complaints but they were ignored.The students returned to the garage on Sunday with some of the Students Union officials to lay their complaints but they were beaten up by some boys in the garage.
The students then returned to the campus, mobilized themselves and went back to Esso Motor Park in Bida to fight. Multiple students were killed in the clash. A lecturer of Bida Polytechnic was also killed according to reports. A driver believed to be an indigene was also killed and this led to a full-blown communal clash between indigenes and students. Efforts by the vigilante and the police to quell the crisis proved abortive. During the clash which lasted for hours, some shops were said to have been destroyed and vehicles had their windscreens smashed. A motorcycle was also burnt to ashes.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/casualties-and-dead-bodies-recorded-as-bida-poly-students-and-indigenes-clash-in-bida-niger-state/

This is very bad,but the students didn't gave a good thought, how can you go into the town to fight the indegines especially in bida considering the distance from the school to town?.
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Boscolo: 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bida, a very peaceful town with lovely people. I still can't come to conclusion how a peaceful community like Bida clashed with student of Bida Poly a.k.a Bida standard.
I think the students got it wrong, "no car will carry you from Minna to Bida campus", never, their journey ends at Esso. The driver may be looking for passengers and just accepted to take them to campus, of which he should have returned the excess paid by the students since he decided not to go to Bida campus.

Also, situation where student wants to flex muscles or to show how brave an fearless actually led to this.
Students should try and use their brain, and act like an educated citizen to prevent situation like this next time.

May the soul of the departed through the mercy of a God rest in peace , Amen
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by patrickcollins: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
It is a pity, R I P to the dead, but what are they teaching these ones, why not seek justice through the ambit of law, why behave like a tout in the mechanic workshop, showing the learning institution did not bring the necessary change in them.
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by patrickcollins: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
maklelemakukula:
you were so fast in concluding they gained nothing...smh
They gained nothing bro, they ought to have gone through the necessary authorities, those that mobilised d fight might be never do well students or cultists

1 Like

Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Jabioro: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
Xda59:

What about the student union government?
Both unionship leader lack leadership management..
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by lastempero: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
U can't win indigenes angry
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by 2day6(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
na person wey Don belefood dey fight. shey me Wey I still dey wait for my Maye to pay me. I will now go and fight. na them sabi.
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Jacobsguy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
undecided[i][/i]This is Nigeria...what do you expect from such garage officials who can't even respect someone's opinion[i]This is Nigeria...what do you expect from such garage officials who can't even respect someone's opinion[/i]This is Nigeria...what do you expect from such garage officials who can't even respect someone's opinion
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Alfa55: 2:14am On Sep 04, 2018
no lectural was killed but seriousily injured no driver was killed, but about 4 students lost there lifes and as well many pptys where distroys. BIDA BASE TANKS.

no lectural was killed but seriousily injured no driver was killed, but about 4 students lost there lifes and as well many pptys where distroys. BIDA BASE TANKS.

Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Richhard(m): 6:27am On Sep 04, 2018
Timil:
No matter the level of hardship we shouldn't lose our sanity and start killing each other over trivial things like this.

A driver failing to convey students to their school campus shouldn't degenerate to a point where people start killing themselves.

The students & the members of the community are fools.

I don't know why we don't set our priorities right, we fight for things we shouldn't fight for while we act unconcerned over things we should fight and die for.

This show of violence would have been justified if it was a fight against the Government/Elites who are oppressing our country.

We should learn to fight for the greater good of the country not some unimportant things that won't make our lives better.

Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by sayisayi(m): 6:33am On Sep 04, 2018
Wait...people are dead because of wrong drop...

Pure sign of missing key vitamins for brain vitality
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by iykomo0(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
oyb:
@otokx, remember what I said about students and host communities. This is a recurring decimal.

Resentful natives waiting for a chance to unleash on students and rape the females
They Raped Girls at Makama Lodge...

we no dey fear their yeye Jazz and Knives... all man must die...

but what the internet would never tell you is that 'They Were aided by SARS operatives' who fired Five shots at unarmed Students...

guy, lot of men fell on Sunday... but News say only 1 student died... what a joke...
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by iykomo0(m): 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
Eesha66:
Op you are a liar.
No one was killed. quote author=Correctgist post=70869498]A conflict between students of the Federal Polytechnic Bida and Indigenes of Bida culminated in the death of multiple people while several were injured and are currently receiving treatment in the hospital. According to reports, the clash was started by a conflict between a commercial river and students of Bida poly who boarded his vehicle and it soon escalated to become a communal clash. The students reportedly boarded a commercial bus from Minna to Bida on Saturday and agreed with the driver to take them straight to the campus.

But when they got to Bida, the driver took them to the park and ended the journey, informing them that that is normally the final bus stop. The students, who had paid to be taken to the campus, went to the garage officials to lay their complaints but they were ignored.The students returned to the garage on Sunday with some of the Students Union officials to lay their complaints but they were beaten up by some boys in the garage.
The students then returned to the campus, mobilized them manyselves and went back to Esso Motor Park in Bida too. Multiple students were killed in the clash. A lecturer of Bida Polytechnic was also killed according to reports. A driver believed to be an indigene was also killed and this led to a full-blown communal clash between indigenes and students. Efforts by the vigilante and the police to quell the crisis proved abortive. During the clash which lasted for hours, some shops were said to have been destroyed and vehicles had their windscreens smashed. A motorcycle was also burnt to ashes.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/casualties-and-dead-bodies-recorded-as-bida-poly-students-and-indigenes-clash-in-bida-niger-state/

you must be NUPE Blogger ... A student was Gunned Down at Area 8 ( near Makama Lodge....) by SARS operatives who led the Indigenes on the reprisal attack...I'll attach his pics later...
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2018
iykomo0:
They Raped Girls at Makama Lodge...

we no dey fear their yeye Jazz and Knives... all man must die...

but what the internet would never tell you is that 'They Were aided by SARS operatives' who fired Five shots at unarmed Students...

guy, lot of men fell on Sunday... but News say only 1 student died... what a joke...

sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by iykomo0(m): 2:17am On Sep 05, 2018
The Score is Still in favour of The Indigenes...

They've suffered lesser casualties & they Attacked us 3 good times....

They Stabbed our SUG PRESIDENT ( who went to settle a common dispute)... AND WHEN A team led by the VP & other BOYs went on revenge mission they were Ambushed and given a beating of their Lives... Some were killed... In fact, they nearly set Our VP on Fire after beating her up. She was doused in petrol and at the 11th hour, an elderly man Saved her...

The indegenes didn't stop there oo... They kept on fighting , killing & pushing us backwards till they entered sch Area....

Oboy... Men Fall oo...

Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by Lordpeckxy(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
About 35 percent of student and more has left the school to thier various homes and closed relations as the rumour that Auchi boys of whatever state together with the indigine will attack student on friday 7th......this one pass gbege ooo....but me i still position were i dey.....i dey fear ooo but notn dey happn.......indoors throughout tomorrow locking mah lodge with everything i got..........................make dem kum highest we run dem no fit get us mogujobe
Re: Bida Polytechnic Students & Indigenes Clash. Some Dead (Graphic Photos) by iykomo0(m): 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
Lordpeckxy:
About 35 percent of student and more has left the school to thier various homes and closed relations as the rumour that Auchi boys of whatever state together with the indigine will attack student on friday 7th......this one pass gbege ooo....but me i still position were i dey.....i dey fear ooo but notn dey happn.......indoors throughout tomorrow locking mah lodge with everything i got..........................make dem kum highest we run dem no fit get us mogujobe
dem no say Auchi boys go Attack students o.. dem say the Auchi boys go Avenge their fellow cult boy wey Nupe kill

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Thieves Arrested In Akwa Ibom (photos) / Yahoo Boy Arrested With Girlfriend's Corpse In Delta / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.