Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card (4592 Views)

London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / Buhari Registers For National Identity Card (photo) / Udom Emmanuel Kicks Off State Industrialisation With Auto Assembly Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by trueword: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2010
Why Edo needs own ID card project, by Oshiomhole
Jun 29, 2010
Adekunle Adekoya

WHILE the Federal Government seeks solutions from the private sector to the nation’s identity management crisis, winds are already being taken out of its sails with last Friday’s launching of the Edo State Citizens Identification Card by state governor, Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole

Last Friday, at the Oba Akenzua Cultural Centre in Benin City, the Edo State Technology Day held, with the theme, “Technology in Capacity Building and Governance,” with the citizens registration project being the high point of the event. With this development, the message is clearly being sent that the Federal Government has failed the nation woefully with the National ID Card Project, and the nation can no longer wait to get on the information super highway that will properly place them in the 21st century information age.

Of course, it is no longer news that a crippling dearth of reliable data in every sphere of life in Nigeria is partly responsible for failures of governance, which probably made Governor Oshiomhole remark at the occasion that “as we speak, we lack the data that we require to plan for citizens of Edo State as a whole and for specific segments such as women, children, students, people with disabilities or specific occupational groups.”

Ordinarily, such data would have been called up from the national database, if the identity project had been successful. To get around the problem however, the Edo State Government, according to Oshiomhole “embarked on the Edo State Citizens Identification Card Project to help us generate a comprehensive data bank of residents and citizens, in order to enhance our capacity to plan effectively…,

This project is designed to improve our capacity to plan for the welfare of our people and for the infrastructural and economic development of our State. The old culture of throwing money at problems without proper planning is neither desirable nor sustainable. We can do so much for the people if we can correctly determine their needs.”

Of course, the solutions to this project reside firmly in the ICT sector, and as the governor noted, “we have applied a holistic ICT solution to meet this challenge. In developing this solution, we have partnered with the leading players in the global ICT industry.

[b]Listing the benefits of the project, the Edo governor said:“From today, we would commence a process of enrolment of citizens and the issuance of ID Cards. The smart card to be issued meets international standards in terms of the wide variety of information it contains.

The smart card contains a wide range of information that can be used across several transactions and for several purposes. Indeed, we are the first state in the federation to develop a citizens’ ID card with these sophisticated features.

“The ID Card Project is designed to interface with our e_tax solutions, which have been adopted to improve tax administration.

“As in other parts of the world, the identity data will enhance the delivery capacity of our security agencies. The data will also help us develop information systems, especially in our priority sectors, namely health and education.
“Our vision at the end of the day is to develop capacity to determine accurately, the needs of our people, based on their gender, socio_economic, physical characteristics and age profiles.”[/b]

However, unknown to many outside government, the Edo ID card project was not a spur-of-the-moment thing; not long after assuming office, Governor Oshiomhole brought to life the Edo State ICT Directorate, headed by Ms Yemi Keri.

The Edo ICT Directorate is the implementing agency of the e-governance programmes of the state government, and for the effort, no less than 400 graduates were employed by the agency, and for the biometric (ID card) project, about 1,000 more were recruited, thereby underscoring the propensity of the ICT sector to tackle unemployment.
Solutions providers, Microsoft Nigeria were at the occasion.

In his presentation, Ken Spann, Development Platform Manager, Microsoft Anglophone West Africa said that e-governance helps provide  greater access to government information; promote civic engagement by enabling the public to interact with government officials; make government more accountable by  making its operations more transparent and thus reducing the opportunities for corruption; and  providing development opportunities, especially benefiting rural and traditionally under-served communities.

Spann spoke further of what he called the Connected Government Framework, which he said “ is a platform which helps….support communities while operating in a cost-efficient and compliant manner. It provides a set of solution scenarios designed to solve the needs of a particular aspect of a government’s IT requirements; the scenarios include a secured managed infrastructure, enabling business integration, improving case worker productivity, and enriching the citizen connection.”

There were goodwill messages from several dignitaries, present or represented. Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State in his remarks noted that the importance of ICT in government can no longer be taken for granted, and added that bringing players from the private sector was a testimony to the fact that the private sector had a role to play in government and that government could not do much without partnering.

Mr Steven Oronsaye, Head of Service of the Federation was also at the event. Oronsaye, an Edo indigene remarked that “the bold step taken today will be the generation of a citizens’ identity database that government can rely upon to plan adequately for its citizens and residents.”

Minister of Science and Technology, Professor M. K. Abubakar, represented by the Director_General of the National Information Technology Development Agency, Professor Cleopas O. Angaye, commended Edo State for joining the ICT train.

That is not all, as Governor Oshiomhole disclosed that his administration has begun “the automation of several processes of public administration, such as budget preparation; procurement; expenditure management; financial management; and human resources and payroll administration.

“Towards this, we have started the Government Financial Management Information System Project. The project encompasses global best practices in the application of ICT to governance.

On e-payment, he said: “we have also adopted the E_payment Solution, as a strategy to reduce cash transactions, which aids leakages within the system. Payment terminals  have been distributed across the state to enable the collection of fees, levies and tariffs electronically.”

To flag-off the ID card project, Governor Oshiomhole was formally registered biometrically (colour of eyes, fingerprints, etc.,), and presented with his ID card by the Executive Director of the Edo State ICT Directorate, Ms Yemi Keri.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/29/why-edo-needs-own-id-card-project-by-oshiomhole/
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by trueword: 8:42am On Jun 30, 2010
I think this is a step in the right direction. State governments should start this process and forget about the FG and their failed national ID scheme. If Edo state can make this exercise successful, I think it would really help to manage the state better and help to curb fraud and crime. State initiatives like this really show that the FG is nigeria's biggest problem
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by oisehumen(m): 11:29am On Jun 30, 2010
trueword:

I think this is a step in the right direction. State governments should start this process and forget about the FG and their failed national ID scheme. If Edo state can make this exercise successful, I think it would really help to manage the state better and help to curb fraud and crime. State initiatives like this really show that the FG is nigeria's biggest problem

Yes, maybe u are right.

But how much will be genuinely spent on this project? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Be rest assured, at least 50% of the total money has already gone to private pockets.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by eloii: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2010
The Governor's should try their best and forget about the Federal Government, atleast everyone will have his/her Identity Card of Origin or resident made by State and Seal by the State Governor Stap
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Kennyblues(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2010
trueword:

Hey tell computer not to Bleep with the Oba's name this time around. grin grin grin
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by sulad82i(m): 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
This is step in the right direction. but will it ever get done right, without stealing the state's fund? I hope one of these states get the ball rolling in th right direction cos this id card is really needed.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by marabout(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
This is a straightforward indictment of the FG  for incompentence, neglect, waste of national resources and wickedness,   In their quest to hold on to power at all cost, they have virtually held the states hostage.
Power that should be delegated to the states (who may have more reasons/incentive to look after their own people) are concentrated in the hands of FG. Though Governors may themselves be corrupt but at least a few have done something positive like Duke, Ngige (despite being election oleburuku) and Fashiola is doing something tangible.

In a tribalistic society like ours, what does an aboki from Dutse for example care about an old woman from Bonny or Orlu? How would a minister from Orlu care about an orphan from Ilaje LG of ondo state and vice versa?

If kidnappers and armed robbers are running riot in Aba, do you think a police commisioner from Kafachan really cares? Without a true confederation we will will just be postponing the inevitable: serious crisis, bloodshed and a very nasty and disorderly breakdown of the country that will set the whole of Africa back many decades. Anyway the Ghanians will simply deport Nigerians back to their devastated homeland. They did it before in the early 1970s.  Libya is doing its level best block land route to Europe. So no place to go.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Kennyblues(m): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
Since I was born and now I am old I have never seen anything come out of the government of the day without somebody being enriched. Successive gorvement have come up with all sort of developmental projects; but all you ever gets is somebody become richer without the real job been done. Situations like this will always thwart government efforts in bringing development to the people. Much have been said about the National ID cards scam but all to no avail.

Gov. Adams Oshiomole, I hope you are for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by oisehumen(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kennyblues:

Since I was born and now I am old I have never seen anything come out of the government of the day without somebody being enriched. Successive gorvement have come up with all sort of developmental projects; but all you ever gets is somebody become richer without the real job been done. Situations like this will always thwart government efforts in bringing development to the people. Much have been said about the National ID cards scam but all to no avail.

Gov. Adams Oshiomole, I hope you are for the masses.

Gbam! grin grin grin grin grin
Oshiomole for masses ke? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Ehoi: 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
The hate for Oshiomole oozing from some people is repulsive.
This is a project that should be well commended but some people have already made up their mind that it was only done to steal money. Instead of focusing on negativity, we should discuss the benefits of this project.

I can already see this project making ghost workers a thing of the past.
It will improve the tax collecting system.
And if used for elections, it can eliminate rigging.

This is the way to go, other states should follow. But my worry is that the biometric information of the masses can get into the wrong hands.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Kennyblues(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
Ehoi:

The hate for Oshiomole oozing from some people is repulsive.
This is a project that should be well commended but some people have already made up their mind that it was only done to steal money. Instead of focusing on negativity, we should discuss the benefits of this project.

I can already see this project making ghost workers a thing of the past.
It will improve the tax collecting system.
And if used for elections, it can eliminate rigging.

This is the way to go, other states should follow. But my worry is that the biometric information of the masses can get into the wrong hands.

The same way Federal Government came with National ID card, but don't I did not say so
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by hackney(m): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2010
They should do their looting and embezzlement and f.uc.k off rather than
talk sh.it thinking the masses are still st.u.p.i.d.

You want to do biometric id's and database records when there is no electricity?
Fu.c.k off!!!!!!
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Ehoi: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2010
I don't know much about the federal government one neither do i know why they stopped it. But I can understand why some people would try to frustrate it because it has the potential to eliminate election rigging. The federal government only proposed it but Oshiomole government have gone a step further. They have already made the biometric cards and are giving it out free. The money the government will save alone from eradicating ghost workers is enough to finance this project.
Kennyblues:

The same way Federal Government came with National ID card, but don't I did not say so
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Ehoi: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2010
hackney:

They should do their looting and embezzlement and f.uc.k off rather than
talk sh.it thinking the masses are still st.u.p.i.d.

You want to do biometric id's and database records when there is no electricity?
Fu.c.k off!!!!!!
My broda, this thing is not rocket science. wink I can understand that some people are scared of new technology.
Its just like the cash card you use in the ATM. Did the whole ATM crash because we don't have stable electricity? Or were we wrong to roll out the ATM machines because we have not been able to sort out our electricity?
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Kennyblues(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
Ehoi:

I don't know much about the federal government one neither do i know why they stopped it. But I can understand why some people would try to frustrate it because it has the potential to eliminate election rigging. The federal government only proposed it but Oshiomole government have gone a step further. They have already made the biometric cards and are giving it out free. The money the government will save alone from eradicating ghost workers is enough to finance this project.

Where were you in 2005 when the National ID Card was introduced? These same features were outlined but what was the outcome of it? Some ministers were arraigned, one of them even died in the process of prosecution, give yourself a brain, if you insist tell Oshiomole that the name of the Oba must not be wacked with this time, LOL
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Ehoi: 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
Kennyblues:

Where were you in 2005 when the National ID Card was introduced? These same features were outlined but what was the outcome of it? Some ministers were arraigned, one of them even died in the process of prosecution, give yourself a brain, if you insist tell Oshiomole that the name of the Oba must not be wacked with this time, LOL
Hmm, Kenny. You seem to be upset about something. Like i said before, I don't know why the federal government own failed. It was a good idea and will continue to be a good idea tomorrow. Just because something failed before shouldn't prevent other people from trying.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by bisiaet: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2010
This is absolutely mispalcement of priority when no electricity and no good road this is just going be a total waste of money, time and energy there are so many issues that need urgent attention than talking about ID Card.

Sometime I think all these politician need to sit down weigh things  before going for it  because I think a good reasoning politician if we have any, should ask himself a very good question like Do I have stable electricity in my state, what about security, employement, clean water, good road, education and so on rather than taken up irrelevant projects that will not make people lives better.

I know some may say but there are ID Card in other countries and so on but those country are they like our country? That is the great question. I think the ID Card project is unecssary at the moment
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by oisehumen(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2010
bisiaet:

This is absolutely mispalcement of priority when no electricity and no good road this is just going be a total waste of money, time and energy there are so many issues that need urgent attention than talking about ID Card.

Sometime I think all these politician need to sit down weigh things  before going for it  because I think a good reasoning politician if we have any, should ask himself a very good question like Do I have stable electricity in my state, what about security, employement, clean water, good road, education and so on rather than taken up irrelevant projects that will not make people lives better.

I know some may say but there are ID Card in other countries and so on but those country are they like our country? That is the great question. I think the ID Card project is unecssary at the moment

There is always time for everything. What benefits will this huge project be to the masses?
I don't trust Oshiomole at all. When he came into government, he channeled all his efforts and resources and making everybody and everything in Edo AC members
Now, he is embarking on a project of no real use or value to the masses but of huge cost.

When he was the Labour Leader, he said he was fighting for the masses but he ended up enriching himself. How does he justify the over 6 houses he had in choice cities in Nigeria during his regime? Rubbish sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Ehoi: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
How can a project that will increase the IGR of the state and at the same time reduce the salary burden of the state be a misplaced priority? shocked

And what has electricity got to do with this? grin Its a good idea to learn about something you don't understand or know how it works. For one, it will completely eliminate ghost workers. Do you know how much the state will save there? Secondly, it will help in tax collection. How is it a misplaced priority to spend 10 naira on a project that will save you 100 naira within a short time.

bisiaet:

Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Ehoi: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2010
I think we have to establish how much the project cost before making wrong assumptions.
I believe it should cost much. The cards are plastic.
Ehoi:

How can a project that will increase the IGR of the state and at the same time reduce the salary burden of the state be a misplaced priority? shocked

And what has electricity got to do with this? grin Its a good idea to learn about something you don't understand or know how it works. For one, it will completely eliminate ghost workers. Do you know how much the state will save there? Secondly, it will help in tax collection. How is it a misplaced priority to spend 10 naira on a project that will save you 100 naira within a short time.

Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by JMourhinho(m): 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
School ID card, Office ID card, (Inter)national passport, National ID card (?), State ID card, Local Government ID card, Ward ID card, Village ID card, How many ID cards Naija wan do? ID card dey give food, abi na light or e dey put money for countryman pocket? Come on Adams, u pass baba nah (late Sunday Afolabi)!
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Eziachi: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2010
At last someone has sense in Nigeria, that you cannot do anything in the modern world without an accurate data of humans. He should not stop there; he should also start a mandatory register of birth and dead. No child will be without an authentic birth certificate issued once in a life time and no one is buried until a coroner register and issue the dead certificate and all the information should be electronically kept safe. You can easily monitor the population, healthcare need and many other things you can do with such a data.

He can now easily from his office tell the real number of civil servant his government is shelling out billions every month paying. How many is ghost and how many actually works. He can tell the number of primary/college student with this data and planned the present and future with it. He can now determined the real and accurate number of citizen within the taxpaying bracket and when a person is actually due for retirement and then compare it to the amount in the coffer annually based on direct tax. In Nigeria some people recieve their retirement entitlement from one ministry and still recieve salary as a worker in another ministry, just because record/data of anything is foreign to Nigerian and their inept rulers
The benefits are numerous to mention.
Welcome to the 21st century!
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by bisiaet: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2010
And what has electricity got to do with this? Its a good idea to learn about something you don't understand or know how it works. For one, it will completely eliminate ghost workers. Do you know how much the state will save there? Secondly, it will help in tax collection. How is it a misplaced priority to spend 10 naira on a project that will save you 100 naira within a short time.[/quo

Do I heard you saying what has electrity need to with ID Card and your own priority is chasing after ghost workers you must be joking I mean you are joker. So people welfare and happiness is irrelevant but ID Card and ghost worker hunting are relevant? This is wonderful.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2010
Is this project aligned to a National plan, What happens when the Federal Government launches its own Biometric programme?

Soon, we'll have Local Government ID Cards, School ID Cards, State ID Cards, National ID Cards, Club ID Cards, Tax ID Cards, Drivers ID Card, Human Being ID Card and Business Owner ID Card.

It comes to me as a painful discovery that when governments take on such worthy projects, you often notice the poor depth in planning that has gone into it, making it a sure bet that it will not live to see its true purpose. CHAMS is waiting the wings for the 4th FAILED National ID Card scheme I'll bet angry
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by CarlosVent(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
very nice 1
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by Redman44(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
Adams Oshiomhole has made a good move with the kick off of the Edo State ID Project. However, we need to know the nitty-gritty of the registration exercise. The Edo State Government has to come up with a list of documents that will be needed by participants of the scheme to prove that they are from Edo State or Edo State Residents. Since Nigeria is not good at document keeping, how can someone prove that he or she is from Edo State? One might be tempted to say that the name or surname of someone will can be used to know his Edo origins sad sad So how about those that have Yoruba surnames like Ogunkoya, Sonola, Ogedengbe et al and are from Edo state [ Akoko Edo, etc ]. And how about those that were born in Lagos but have Edo parents? I was born in Lagos and I've got a Lagos State Birth Certificate, but my dad has always told me and my siblings that we are from Edo State. I have always claimed Edo as my state in all my forms [ Common Entrance Exams, JAMB, WAEC, NYSC et al] So what will be done about the Edo Lagosians?

I hope that Oshiomhole and the Commisioners of his round table have done their homework properly. Any attempt to offer bursaries and welfare assistance to Edo State indigenes will result in large numbers of Nigerians claiming to be from Edo State. God help you, Adamsco.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by IRAPADA(m): 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
This another means by which our money wil be diverted into someone pocket in name of 'fail project'
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by redsun(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
Redman44:

Adams Oshiomhole has made a good move with the kick off of the Edo State ID Project. However, we need to know the nitty-gritty of the registration exercise. The Edo State Government has to come up with a list of documents that will be needed by participants of the scheme to prove that they are from Edo State or Edo State Residents. Since Nigeria is not good at document keeping, how can someone prove that he or she is from Edo State? One might be tempted to say that the name or surname of someone will can be used to know his Edo origins sad sad So how about those that have Yoruba surnames like Ogunkoya, Sonola, Ogedengbe et al and are from Edo state [ Akoko Edo, etc ]. And how about those that were born in Lagos but have Edo parents? I was born in Lagos and I've got a Lagos State Birth Certificate, but my dad has always told me and my siblings that we are from Edo State. I have always claimed Edo as my state in all my forms [ Common Entrance Exams, JAMB, WAEC, NYSC et al] So what will be done about the Edo Lagosians?

I hope that Oshiomhole and the Commisioners of his round table have done their homework properly. Any attempt to offer bursaries and welfare assistance to Edo State indigenes will result in large numbers of Nigerians claiming to be from Edo State. God help you, Adamsco.

www.vibes-extra..com

This is where traditional rulers will be highly needed,to ascertain and confirm the identity of the members of their respective communities.Every nigerian belongs to a grassroot community,especially in a traditional state like edo.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by kobikwelu(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
how does this impact the average edo indigene

waste of funds, if u ask me

more divisive
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by buffox: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
I think it is disgusting when ventures like this are being discouraged on the pretext that ' we do not have electricity'! so does that mean every other thing should stop because for some reason the other is not working. We have been trying for 50 years to get electricity, and we havent achieved it, therefore nigeria should be a wasteland of human primates?

This project is very laudable in all ramifications. Do you know some states lose as much as 100% of their wage bill every month due to leakages in the system?

My only concern with it is the scale at which it was taken on at the first go. In my opinion, they should have started with just the tax system for the civil servants, let the processes stabilise within the civil service before u build on it. This way, there is room to make ammends and also ensure that the civil servants are building their capability to handle it as well. The problem with this now is he probably has a team of consultants in there running the system, and in the long run, the core civil service is segregated from the running of these IT services, and they start to look for ways to sabotage each other as it spoils their 'usual business'. It needs to be a synergy for it to work.
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by kobikwelu(m): 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
I think it is disgusting when ventures like this are being discouraged on the pretext that ' we do not have electricity'! so does that mean every other thing should stop because for some reason the other is not working. We have been trying for 50 years to get electricity, and we havent achieved it, therefore nigeria should be a wasteland of human primates?

This project is very laudable in all ramifications. Do you know some states lose as much as 100% of their wage bill every month due to leakages in the system?

My only concern with it is the scale at which it was taken on at the first go. In my opinion, they should have started with just the tax system for the civil servants, let the processes stabilise within the civil service before u build on it. This way, there is room to make ammends and also ensure that the civil servants are building their capability to handle it as well. The problem with this now is he probably has a team of consultants in there running the system, and in the long run, the core civil service is segregated from the running of these IT services, and they start to look for ways to sabotage each other as it spoils their 'usual business'. It needs to be a synergy for it to work.

oga it called priority,

why not oshioms start a state power project?

why not he start a state transport service like BRT
Re: Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card by buffox: 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^ The article did not say he is not doing any other thing in Edo state except IT. I am not from Edo, so I only comment on the information I have been provided through the media.

But my own question to you is, for how long does he need to tolerate the 'wastage' of funds through holes in the civil service before he does this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Burial: Crowd Control As The Greatest Challenge During Burial / Alao-akala,abiola Ajimobi And Gbenga Daniel At Senator Ladoja's Daughter Wedding / Onitsha Protest: Arase Orders Arrest Of Pro-biafra, MASSOB Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.