Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer (4848 Views)

The Difference Between A Programmer, A Hacker, And A Developer / How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month? / How To Market Your Self As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by polymath2: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2010
if you are to be a freelance Web developer, How do you Market yourself so as to get project from Individual or any organization?
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 30, 2010
just hang a sign that says 'I am a developer' on your neck and then walk around with it

thats the easiest and most cost-effective way to market yourself
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by sweetpawn2: 10:59am On Jun 30, 2010
^^^LOL
REALLY MRGOODLUCK THAT'S IS NOT FUNNY!

YES MY DEAR POLY_MATH,
DON'T MIND US! smiley WE LIKE TO HAVE A BIT OF FUN!
TO THE QUESTION! YOU ARE ON NAIRALAND DUDE! JUST BE A FREQUENT POSTER OF THE WEBMASTER'S SECTION AND CREATE POSTS LIKE 'PLEASE REVIEW THIS SITE'. CREATE A SAMPLE SITE AND IF YOUR SITE IS REALLY GOOD, FOLKS WILL COMMEND YOU AND ANYONE LOOKING FOR A WEBSITE DESIGNER WILL GIVE YOU A CALL!

ALSO THERE ARE TOPICS IN NAIRALAND LIKE , 'WEB DEVELOPER NEEDED!'. YOU CAN SEND REPLYS TO SUCH.

IN THE REAL WORLD, GET A LAPTOP, SUIT SOME VERY GOOD USEFULL SAMPLES AND TAKE A TRIP TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS, SUPER MARKETS, SMALL BUSINESSES LIKE FASHION HOUSES AND THE REST!

SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER? IF NO THEN SEND ME YOUR MAIL AND I WILL TELL YOU MORE!
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by stanley331: 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
here's my email addy: ogostan@yahoo.com
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by CarlosVent(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
by marketing people u market urself.
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by CarlosVent(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2010
by marketing people u market urself.
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by yomalex(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
if you are interested in the international market visit limexchange.com
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by stargrow(m): 5:58pm On Jun 30, 2010
It's not  as difficult as the question seems to market urself as a developer.

You need to package urself properly.
1. Get an eye catching business profile. Complete with pictures of what you have doen before . And if you dont have any, call up a colleague and use some of his and let him permit u to use them.

2. Before now u must have done some of this line of work before. So U go to ur fomer offices and clients and submit a letter of introduction plus the profile.

3. Distribute to everyone that is relevantly involved in the industry.

4. Prepare flyer, business cards, newspaper adverts affordable for u.

5. Bid low at first to get a few jobs in to show the world what u can do. I magine that for the first one year u will have no profits.

6. Create a bizness website and drive people to it, it should have ur full info and confirm what u say in ur profile.
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by onlysose(m): 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
follow stargrow, couple with that go lowly study 2 or 3 potential clients and develope a package they will like and test run it for them. if it is good they will give you a call

visit www.easyebookz.org for some fantastic ebooks
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by aonikoyi: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2010
Mr. Poly_math,

Got a few questions for you.

1. When you say you are a web developer, what exactly
do you mean. For instance. A web developer is not
what it meant about 7 years ago. Pretty much anyone
can throw up a site in a dime.

Let me clarify. Is your expertise in PHP-BB, Joomla, Wordpress
Drupal, Mambo, Flash

2. Do you have a Portfolio?

3. Do you have a website?

By knowing and doing these 3 things would be good start.
Its sort of required if you ask me.

If you need for correspondance, please feel free to keep this thread
alive or PM me.
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by sweetpawn2: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
INTERSTING! FROM ONE NASTY JOKE TO MANY USEFUL COMMENTS! smiley
STARGLOW 'S ADVICE CERTAINLY TAKES THE LEAD . HEAR HIM ( OR HER !) .

TO ADD TO WHAT WAS SAID, MAKE YOUR CLIENT WANT TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT.
YOU SEE, MANY BUSINESS ENTERPRENURS ARE MODERATELY COMPUTER ILLITERATE TO SOME DEGREE. FEW OF THEM WILL KNOW THE USEFULLNESS OF HAVING A SITE.
MANY BELIEVE TV ADVERTS AND NEWSPAPERS ARE THE BEST MEANS TO MARKET THEIR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. BUT YOU MUST MAKE THEM CHANGE THEIR MENTALITY BY CREATING A SITE THAT WORKS FOR THEM. CREATE A SITE THAT ACTS AS A VIRTUAL OFFICE FOR THEM ON THE NET , EG:
GO TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL AND MAKE THEM SEE THAT ONLINE REGISTRATION AND EXAMINATION RESULT CHECKING WILL AID THEIR STUDENTS IN MANY WAYS BY THE SCHOOL HAVING AN E-PORTAL.
TELL THAT FASHION HOUSE TYCOON THAT YOU CAN MAKE HIM HAVE A SITE WHERE HE CAN UPLOAD NEW CLOTHES IN STOCK EVERY WEEK AND GET COMMENTS FROM SITE VISITORS ON HOW THEY LIKE THE CLOTHES AS WELL AS ASK FOR THE PRICES AND AVAILABILITY OF MORE.
GO TO THAT BOOKSHOP AND TELL THEM TO POST THE ABSTRACTS/FORWARD/REVIEWS OF ALL THEIR BOOKS TO A SITE SO THAT READERS CAN READ AND IF THEY LIKE THE BOOK , ORDER FOR THEM, INSTEAD OF THEM WAITING FOR THE CUSTOMERS TO MEET THEM IN THE BOOKSHOPS.
ALL IN ALL, BUILD PRACTICAL USEFUL WEBSITES THAT WILL AID THEIR BUSINESS IN SOME WAY, RATHER THAN JUST A STATIC COLORFUL ARRAY OF PAGES AND BANNERS. YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW A BIT OF WEB PROGRAMMING TO DO THAT.
AH! JUST MY LITTLE PIECE!
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by Middleman: 12:39am On Jul 01, 2010
am interested in creating a website, how can we discuss further 07056930150 send a text
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by Allergic(m): 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
You are lookin' for what is in ur shokoto in Sokoto

Post ur job here and let's see.

I'm a web designer & Developer but i want to focus Applications development.

Be good at what u do and look good doin' it.

If ur job is good, they'll market themselves. Ur existin' client will market u, ur job will speak for themselves.
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by sim1050: 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2010
You find a reliable source of up-to-the-minute information where you can get relevant materials to help you increase your knowledge and skill set.

Check the web site listed below

[center]www.greatbooks.350.com[/center]
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by stanley20: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2010
One way is to start doing free jobs, I dont mean 100% free! You charge lower, it is the work you have done that will market you. See the work i have done at http://www.codedwebmaster.com/webhosting.php These people I design sites for are now marketing me.

I hope this help
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by Rick423: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2021
To make our life easier and make it better on the Internet, we need programs that will do it for us. But they also need to be created, the developers are engaged in this. They also have their own programs that speed up or make their life easier. What programs do you know to make life easier for a developer?
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by ichidodo: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2021
5yu
Re: How Do You Market Your Self As A Developer by Wresaha: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Programmers make so many useful programs, I can no longer imagine my life without what they have created. We use programs every day and they always help us and simplify our life. My friend is a developer, and he seems to be using this https://androidbughunter.com/ program. If I'm not mistaken, he said that it speeds up his work and simplifies it, has become the right hand in programming.

(1) (Reply)

Is Php Platform Independent? / I Want To Hire A Beginner Who Is Willing To Learn New Skills / Product Designers (ui/ux) Get In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.