Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

US Open Update: Federer, Sharapova Crash Out On Monday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Open Update: Federer, Sharapova Crash Out On Monday (215 Views)

Messi, Inter Miami CF 1-2 Houston Dynamo: Miami Lost US Open Cup Final / The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Open Update: Federer, Sharapova Crash Out On Monday by loveinglistic: 11:36am On Sep 04, 2018
Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova crashed out of the US Open on Monday in back-to-back seismic shocks under the Arthur Ashe Stadium lights.

Federer, the five-time champion and looking to end his 10-year wait to add to his total in New York, was beaten by Australia's world number 55 John Millman 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (9/7), 7-6 (7/3).

It was 20-time major winner Federer's first loss against a player outside the top 50 in 41 meetings at the US Open.

He finished with 77 unforced errors and 10 double faults.

"It was very hot. I felt I couldn't get any air and I was sweating more and more and became more and more uncomfortable," explained Federer.

"I guess I was happy when the match was over." Place bet on today's games on [url]NaijaBet.com[/url]

He added: "John dealt with it better – he's from Brisbane, one of the most humid places in the world!"

It was the world No 2's earliest defeat at the tournament since a fourth round loss to Tommy Robredo........READ MORE

http://www.9jabet.com/2018/09/04/us-open-update-federer-sharapova-crash-monday/

Play Now >> http:///2CE1N6R

(1) (Reply)

I NEVER LIE - Maradona On Taking Mexican Team Job / Retirement From National Team Can Help Ozil Focus On Arsenal / Champions League: Ronaldo Sent Off Against Valencia, To Miss Man Utd Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.