Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract (383 Views)

Four Things You Will Miss In Nigeria If You Study Abroad. / How To Write An Abstract For Your Research Project. / What Role Does An Abstract Play In Undergraduates’ Final Year Project Structure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract by gomtas: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
This is a small advice from professional project writers at iprojectmaster.com

Avoid Ambiguous Words and Complex Grammar:
An abstract is like a slight show of the whole project. Complex and ambiguous words/sentences may discourage readers from reading the full content and therefore losing interest in your research.

Avoid Losing Focus:
When writing an abstract, it is advisable to hit on key points. It is terrible to beat around the bush; when you lose focus, the reader gets confused, so leave all definitions and histories for your introduction.

Avoid Lengthy Abstracts:
Abstracts are meant to be brief and concise and ideally a 100 words. Avoid writing numerous pages because an ideal abstract should be on a single page, unless your supervisor requests for more.

Avoid Writing Abstracts before a complete Study:
Abstracts come after findings, data analysis, interpretation and recommendations. An abstract is meant to be a summary of your entire work; hence it should be written after you have conducted your study.

2 Likes

Re: Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract by fishguide(m): 2:17am On Sep 09, 2018
A thread dedicated to only student in the penultimate and final year of all educational institution in Nigeria. Research at this stage is a protocol that can never be an option in our great nation.

so what happens when you are face with a research work that seems like an unsurmountable problem? it's either you face it or walk away. the latter is never an option that is the reason i am creating this thread to be of assistant to you with your research work.

feel confident and tell me if you need a profession touch on your research/ project work. (08168261081)

I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes
Re: Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 09, 2018
OK. Thank you oooooo
Re: Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2018
Looking for Free Project Topics and Materials? Click on the link in my signature to download
Re: Four Things To Avoid When Writing An Abstract by fishguide(m): 5:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Reach out for you research work.

No Plagiarism plus In-depth research analysis

contact in my BIO

(1) (Reply)

Usury / Uniosun Students Prepare Stew With Candles / Don't miss 2nd batch Unibadan DLC Admission Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.