Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters (23857 Views)

5,000 Supporters Of Lagos PDP Gov Candidate, Jandor To Join APC On Thursday / Conrad Utaan Defects To PDP From APC With Over 6,000 Supporters / 2019: Yuguda Defects To APC In Bauchi With 5,000 Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by midolian(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
Two terms governorship aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP ), Sunday Babalola and supporters on Tuesday announced their defection to the All Progressives Congress in Kwara state.

Babalola, an engineer, said he cannot be in the same political party with Senate President Bukola Saraki.

Addressing reporters in Ilorin, the state capital, Babalola said “I have defected with over 20,000 supporters who belong to several groups across Kwara State. I am involved in partisan politics because I believe that politics is about service to the people.

“With the defection of Saraki and many of his loyalists, who have led the state and its people into penury, poverty, anguish, hunger, oppression and retrogression, from APC to the PDP, which he laboured very hard to destroy as a result of his inordinate ambition, it is very clear that I have to move with all my supporters to a political party that is more focused on people development.

“I find it very difficult to be in the same political party with them major actor or principal, who many people, including I, believe hasmplunged Kwara state into abysmal condition. As a past aspirant and an electorate, I have decided to pitch my tent with the All Progressives Congress.”

Said he: “Our dear state, as it is now, needs urgent liberation from the over 45 years of deceit, oppression and primordial politics of ‘stomach infrastructure’ so that the people can be delivered from a people that has held them hostage and put them in the shackles of poverty and underdevelopment for so long.

“I believe that government plays significant role in advancing the well-being of the citizens, through the provision of infrastructure and amenities, human capital development and by engendering an environment that is conducive for business growth and expansion.

“The improper management of state resources by the ruling elite, especially the oligarchy of Senator Bukola Saraki, who ruled the state for eight years and still pilots the affairs of the state, through cronies, has to be brought to an end. The level of poverty and infrastructure decay in spite of the volume of the revenues that had accrued to the State over the years, both from the federation allocations and internally generated revenue, is what every well-meaning person should rise up and fight against.

“I will continue to offer my services and resources for the emancipation of my people and for societal development. I do not believe that the return of Saraki and his loyalists to the PDP, after his several actions and utterances, intended to debase, strangulate, ridicule and public opprobrium, that the party would be able to offer anything good for Kwara indigenes and residents.

“Those who have been accused to have held the state in the jugular, tried to suffocate and strangle it cannot metamorphose to be saviours and liberators of the state, their bombastic claims and promises notwithstanding.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/ex-pdp-kwara-aspirant-defect-apc/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
Common aspirant?yawn.

Next!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by afroniger: 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ok, great. But I hope all these people defecting on either side with supposedly huge amount of supporters have ensured that all those supporters have gotten their PVCs. That is the only way their defections will matter on election day. Just saying. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by midolian(m): 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
With or without these new defectors, Kwara state presently belongs to the APC...

Saraki should start learning how to shed tears from Atiku before the deal day...

Atiku matter dey always laff me.. How you go dey cry before losing election? what will he do if he loses even the primaries eventually? cheesy cheesy cheesy

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by DWJOBScom(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Kwara is Saraki forget it!

Even Tinubu knows it

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by ipobarecriminals: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
wink cheesy wink wink cheesy cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by BruncleZuma: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
grin grin grin grin

And straight into the dustbin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by MufasaRebirth: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
cheesy
Shey na NPC Dey count the followers, lol all these big big figures na scam make we wait till election time.

Tinubu owns Lagos, Saraki owns kwara, Make zombie leave mata for Mathias

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by toluxa1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
APC don come with their lies. So someone actually counted the people and came to 20,000?
The only difference between this APC government and Yahoo boys is just Laptop

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
midolian:
With or without these new defectors, Kwara state presently belongs to the APC...

Saraki should start learning how to shed tears from Atiku before the deal day..
And you believe this story

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
You hardly see this kind of cross carpeting in an advanced nation just because of one thing (very paramount) STRONG INSTITUTION. You got to see politicians with no clear ideology jumping from one tent to another like my younger brother in JSS 3. Parties with no cardinal point.

Nigeria has a long way to go.

ONE LOVE

1 Like

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by TheVerdict: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
Do they count the number of supporters? This one defects with 20000; that one defects with 50000, how did they come about these people and are they registered members of the party?

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by oluwafestus(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Good move.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Who wins in Ilorin is what I want to know.

Like for Saraki

Share for APC

8 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Dawinlove(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nigeria is suffering from clinical leadership.The citizens fight themselves while the elite later become friends. APC or PDP... all na for personal interest

1 Like

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Trapnews: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
undecided
Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by chukwutope: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
TheVerdict:
Do they count the number of supporters? This one defects with 20000; that one defects with 50000, how did they come about these people and are they registered members of the party?

They count the twitter followers

1 Like

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by maynation(f): 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
toluxa1:
APC don come with their lies. So someone actually counted the people and came to 20,000?
The only difference between this APC government and Yahoo boys is just Laptop

It's not even laptop, it's sense.

Yahoo boys have sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Zuorom: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
Sunday babalola is one of the least influential politicians in kwara, his defection is virtually meaningless
Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Walehelt(m): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
TheVerdict:

I tayad ooo, I've been here(Ilorin) since 2005, I swear, dis is the third time I will be hearing about dis guy.....I don't even recognized him....
Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by yommygift15: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2018
people should get to know that only BUHARI can win BUHARI in 2019

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Groovenaija360(m): 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Humblega(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
20k may be exagerrated though but all ds are expected.

Saraki should not b expecting smooth sails of his ship ds time around as it use to b.

Ofa, erin-ile and other town along that side might use federal collaration to liberate themselves.

Same go to region around lafiaji.....

To me Kwara will b among Hot-spot for 2019 election

Let keep watching

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by ipobarecriminals: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
grin wink wink wink cheesy smiley Saraki goin ....... go...

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Benekruku(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
Secondus should just sell PDP to APGA or Dangote

The party is finished already and gone far beyond redemption

The defectors they accepted band thought they were gaining grounds with is presently the root cause of their problem.

PDP will self destruct

6 Likes

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by elgramz: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
And who is Sunday babalola? Someone that can't even win councillor election in his ward? APC can have him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Rajiolaade: 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
[quote author=DWJOBScom post=70898339]Kwara is Saraki forget it!

Even Tinubu knows it[/quot stop your lies iam living in kwara everyone is tired of saraki.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by ElectroLyte: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2018
Its Just a number to scared Saraki to his pant.

We are not worried.

Turaki is the Hope,
Re: Sunday Babalola Defects To APC With 20,000 Supporters by Vinstel: 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Waste of time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Aisha Buhari, Igbo Women Say No To Calls For Secession / President Buhari Welcomed By Crowd In Jigawa (Photos) / We Have Over 100M Phone Lines, Why Can't We Vote By Text -sen.ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.