Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,248 members, 7,957,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar (13756 Views)

"How Kidnappers Used My 12-year-old Son As Collateral To Buy Two Bags Of Rice – / Man Tortured In Pakistan After Friend Use Him As Loan Collateral,wife Cries Out / Man Gives Up His House To Appease A god After Raping Pregnant Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by midolian(m): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2018
The Cross River State Police Command has arrested a couple for allegedly trafficking their two-year old first son to an agent in Port Harcourt in exchange for money.

The command’s Commissioner of Police, Mr Hafiz Inuwa, who presented the suspects to journalists on Tuesday in Calabar, said the couple was arrested on July 23 in Calabar after a report by the mother of the child, Mrs Magdalene Bassey.

Inuwa explained that the mother of the child reported that her husband, Mr Daniel Bassey, gave out the child to a trafficking agent for an undisclosed amount of money.

“On July 23 2018, one Mrs Magdalene Bassey reported at Efut Divisional Headquarters in Calabar that her husband, Mr Daniel Bassey, took their first son to an unknown person in Port Harcourt through one woman called `Mummy’.

“The police immediately swung into action and arrested the suspect. During interrogation, the suspect revealed that his wife was a party to the transaction.

“The duo are now in police custody to unravel the cause of this inhuman action and possible prosecution,” he said.

The father of the child told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that said he gave out the child as collateral for N180,000 to help him pay his house rent.

“I did it based on the debt of N21,000 I collected from a friend to pay my house rent.

“There is no work in this rainy season and I am jobless. A guy from my area informed me that he knows a woman who lends money to people.

“That my friend told me that I can give out the child as collateral to get the money without necessarily selling him.

“The woman gave me N180,000 immediately after she received the child.

“After that, my mother-in-law came and asked me of the child and I lied to her that I took the baby to my brother for holiday,” he said.

The commissioner also presented 37 suspected armed robbers, 20 suspected cultists, eight suspects for unlawful possession of firearms and five suspects for murder, among others.

He assured his audience that the command would continue to work in collaboration with other security agencies and residents of the state with a view to safeguarding lives and property.(NAN)

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/04/man-gives-out-son-as-loan-collateral-in-calabar/

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by HungerBAD: 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oh boy.

The heart of men.

9 Likes

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by tamonokare: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2018
God punish poverty.

7 Likes

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by SIMPLYkush: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
nice act from the dad, the boy no too get use sef
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by gift2xl: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Bad government. Everywhere dry

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Edopesin: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
HEARTLESS COUPLE

these are the ones that will put dog inside Ghana must go and be hitting it with pako

4 Likes

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by kenslimz(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
shocked
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by kaen1317: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Buhari must hear this
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Only Igbos are capable of this
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by chefcas: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
cry
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Shayolevels: 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Nawa ooo
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by mycare(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Using your own son as collateral.
This is just dump and stupid undecided
The man have no vein of sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by YurFatHer: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
nawao

2 Likes

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by franchasng: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
Pls op, which bank is giving the loan, I want to use my neighbor's two sons asap to get loan to pick APC Chairmanship nomination form cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by KingLennon(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lack of money is the root of all evil...

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by kaen1317: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
4601CE:
Only Igbos are capable of this
tribalist. Go and query God for creating Ibo's

9 Likes

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Blackfire(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
Which country?
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by theoldpretender(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
So how do we solve this problem?

1.Diversify our economy
2.Increase fuel prices, so that we can have more jobs as a result of foreign investment.
3.Churches and mosques could build housing for poor families that cannot afford it.
4.Social housing from the government.
5.Churches could provide credit for poor people at no interest
6.Technical education
7.fight corruption

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by aziaka111(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
how Na,dat boy go go message tire
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by AlphaStyles(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
i pity these children you no get work yet you dy born pikin

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by allanphash7(m): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
I have nothing to write
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Phythondancer(f): 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
OMG shocked
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
Have you forgotten he's a calabar man

Infact they eat human being...that year that I ws a corp member in that state.... I saw many many things..lol

Calabo man
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by chrisxxx(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
Child as collateral and what about if you fail to redeem your pledge?

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by sanpipita(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
When they say we are poverty capital in the world some people will get angry, this is the level of poverty Buhari and APC has brought on us and it could get worse.

3 Likes

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Basseybruce: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Jesuuuuuuu! See what ...ari has caused.

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by pablobellins(m): 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Let nt act like its something new jawe. E don tay
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by omooba969(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lol
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
grin Chai, Bubu.
Re: Man Gives Out Son As Loan Collateral In Calabar by Yomit71(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
pablobellins:
Let nt act like its something new jawe. E don tay
wetin be jawe, u don turn gay be that wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Italy For Harassing Women & Assaulting Police Officers. / F-SARS Nabs Three Wanted Kidnap Suspects In Imo / NAFDAC Intercepts 33 Containers Of Tramadol, Talks Tough On Drug Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.