Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink (1903 Views)

Avid Non-fiction Reader And Researcher, Good Writers Should Apply / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story) / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink by Bluehaven(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2018
GHOST READERS and RIDDERS
|
PORTION FOUR
|
Eyes still closed, he became conscious of his environment. Then his ears woke up, he could hear the clock going 'tick... tock'. Then memories of yesterday's conversation began to enter his conscious feed. Immediately, he became wide awake with his eyelids flapping open. He looked around to see if his father's ghost was still lurking somewhere. Then he heard a voice behind him; at first he was stiff, then he gradually relaxed as he recognized his father's voice. He wasn't used to someone being in his room while he woke up.
''Good morning, son. I trust you slept well, considering the smile that sat on your face through out the night. Your dreams must have been very pleasurable I bet.
David smiled sheepishly, he blushed slightly as he replied, ''Good morning, dad. Do ghosts actually need to be wished a good morning?'' reflecting on what his father told him concerning how the Ridders subjects ghosts to do their bidding. He considered that those subjected ghosts may not be having the best of mornings. Therefore, he thought it worthwhile to wish a ghost a good morning.
''I guess you overtly active mind have already processed an answer for that question. Go greet your mum, she's been bothered due to your demeanour yesterday night. She needs to be assured that you are fine; you know you are the only living thing she cares about now.''
''Alright dad, I bet I still don't have to tell her I can see you.'' he replied humbly.
''No, you don't need to tell her. She doesn't necessarily have a part to play in this battle. She has done more than her best already by training up to become what you are now. Alright, go now.'' his father's ghost said dismissing him.
He found his mother in the kitchen, heating up last night's food. She appeared refresh, like she had taken her bath. However, they were some worry lines subtlely present on her face. They had prepared 'Moi-moi' together, before he had gone out to buy the pack of tea bags. ''Good morning, mum. How was your night. I'm sorry about yesterday, I guess I was just tired.'' he said, trying to pacify her.
''David,'' she looked him over and decided he was really fine. His countenance had brighten up; there was even a smile on his face. ''It's a good thing you went to sleep, that tiredness really brought out a different you.'' she paused, then continued, ''Wait o, David, I hope you are not indulging yourself in too much work-out. Those things can kill o. You know too much of everything is bad.''
''Ah ah, mummy; it's not that,'' he said playfully to soften the gravity of the matter.
''This one that you were tired like that; just take care, and take things easy. I don't want to use my hand to bury my child o. You know you are all I have left. Ehn ehn.'' she said finally.
''Mummy, don't worry; I would live very long and you would live to reap the fruits of your labour.'' he concluded to hype his mother's mood.
Feeling better, she rubbed his head with her wet hands.
''Ah ah, mummy,'' he complained playfully; ''Go to the dinning and rest, I'd serve breakfast.'' he added.
''Ok, my husband,'' she said to tease him.
''Mummy...'' he protested at first, then he accepted, ''ok, for now I am your husband.''
''Good boy! Alright, hasten. I have to go to the market this morning to restock. It's a good thing the Award's Market have her major market days on saturdays.''
''Alright mum. It's even good; you'd help me purchase two novels from the bookshop by the market. Dan Brown's latest book 'Origen' and Paulo Coelho's book 'Eighteen Minutes'.''
''You and all these penty novels you read sef. Well I don't blame you much, since I bear the onus.''
''I've even read them both on their ebook formats, just that I also like to have them in hard cover. One cannot completely trust technology afterall. If one day all this abstract-like copies fade away, at least one could still be to lay hands on these great books to pass down to the next generation.''
''So, you won't be going with me to the market then.'' she made the statement to end like a question.
''Yes mum, I have some personal research to carry out. Let me make the most time out of this period of break before I am called to serve the country. Not like I'm looking forward to that anyway.'' It's a good thing you are going out, that gives me the time to finish the conversation I started up with day last night, this he thought within himself as he pondered lightly on the phenomenon, death.
During the meal they chitchatted as long as the meal lasted, then Mrs Donald left with the car to proceed to the market.
Breathing in with satisfaction, David did the dishes and lock the door behind him as he enterred the room.
''I partly expected you to be present while mum and I ate.'' David said inquiringly.
''I would have, in fact, seeing her brings pleasure to me. But, I was cautious that I would not bring you into making the slip of talking to me. However, I spent the night between your room and her room. I must confess that I actually miss the time in which we engaged in conversations.'' Mr Donald's ghost seemed sad.
''Hunmmm'' David expressed to ruminate on his father's response.
''Now let's get to the matter of my death.''
David adjusted himself on the bed and mentally braced himself to hear the analysis.
''Truely, my death was destined to occur. When you reflect on what I'm about to say, you'd see reasons with me. In fact at first I was dismayed on why evil would be allowed to seemingly triumph over good. But then, in my ghostly exile, I've been graced to see reasons why God - the giver of our gift - made my story so short.'' David examined his father's ghostly face; it was not speculative; hence, he decided to believe this explaination he was about to hear, since his father appeared, strongly, to believe it. He spoke with conviction.
''The ridder who killed me; the man who threatened you last night is called Hector...''
|
It Continues...
|
STAY TUNED for PORTION FIVE

1 Like

Re: GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink by teefeh25(f): 6:04am On Sep 18, 2018
Ya! nice story bruh..

1 Like

Re: GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink by Winnairaking100: 6:33am On Sep 18, 2018
Because of Na I don come join nairaland.my mouth will see all of Na.me way de read run now I don enjoy

1 Like

Re: GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink by Gerardo88: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
yea am here

1 Like

Re: GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink by Bluehaven(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
PamelB, Fiyah, SmartestPopQueen, ChumzyPinky, RawGurl, SamyFreshSmooth, Dfo12, Annie939, BimBerry1307, RinceSamuel93, SpiceyBae, Vicchi12, RoseyGold, Ashiat39, RachealFst, BelleFidel, Percentile, Ritvin, LeMubs, YorhmieNerd, OpeOluwa99, MissUniverse, Ewawumi, StalWert, Oracle2, Lleigh, TeedeeChian, DatJohn, Ridwan1821, AgentOfAllah, Crowniey, CountryGirl, Honourable356, Ojuolu, Abuklaw, DannyBeau, Olatex25, Dat9jaKid, Ritvin, PJSmart, Siralabai, Yinks89, Angelsss, OchyGlowsGlows, RolaDiva, D9ty7, MissRelly, Mhiztee, RichieBrown, Keeyah Sashaa, MhizIszy, CirPhrank, OluwaBuqqyYolo, Greyce, Percentile, DokitaG, Agbaoyega, MaggieLovely, Idrhas, MissNazzy, BoyBreezy, WackyRichy, Osjaay, BlessyTee, Elmogaji, Bornita, JohnAdeDavid, 49cents, MzLizaBelle, Melonny, KhaliPharrel, FlakkyDagirl, LarrySun, PrinceOfPrince, Johnflowey1738, TGold1, OpeOluwa99, Flow1738, RachealFST, WizSolzy, Ikombe, LitQueen, CyndyLove64,
Y'all come and read o!!!
Re: GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink by Bluehaven(m): 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
Check this out nickydayne grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Love With Lucifer`s Daughter (18+) / " The Last Man On Earth Sat Alone In A Room. There Was A Knock On The Door" / Dragon Rider: Rise Of The Fallen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.