Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

EPL: Harry Maguire Reveals Why He Snubbed Manchester United Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL: Harry Maguire Reveals Why He Snubbed Manchester United Move (413 Views)

Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move / Mateo Kovacic Rejects £53 Manchester United Move Due To Mourinho’s Playing Style / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Harry Maguire Reveals Why He Snubbed Manchester United Move by 16Ebiscoo: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2018
Harry Maguire has revealed Manchester United did make a move for him this summer, but he is happy to still be at Leicester, the UK Mirror reports.

United boss Jose Mourinho targeted the England defender after his impressive World Cup campaign.

But Maguire insists he had no problem continuing with the Foxes, saying he owes them a debt of gratitude.

The centre-half, signed from relegated Hull last summer, said: “Obviously going into a World Cup there was always going to be if he were successful as we were there were always going to be players who came under interest that is part and parcel of the game.

“I spoke with Leicester after a bit of interest from clubs, and they reiterated that I wasn’t for sale and I respected that decision.

“They gave me an opportunity to play in the Premier League, when I had just been relegated with Hull. They gave me that opportunity and it is a club I am really enjoying my time at. I am playing week in and week out which is important to me.

“They have given me the platform to play at the World Cup so I feel I owe them and I respect that decision. Now I am looking forward to the season.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/epl-harry-maguire-reveals-why-he.html

(1) (Reply)

Sergio Ramos Speaks On THAT FOUL On Salah In The Champions League Final / Portugal V Italy, Match Preview & Betting Tips / Nigerian 19 Year-old Goalkeeper Debuts For Spanish Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.