Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Google Pixels,essential Phone And Nexus Devices Get Android Security Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixels,essential Phone And Nexus Devices Get Android Security Update (396 Views)

Android 10 Stable Just Rolled Out On The Essential Phone / [DEAL] Essential Phone (PH-1) For Sale / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google Pixels,essential Phone And Nexus Devices Get Android Security Update by decco1878: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2018
source: https://phalaps.com/google-pixelsessential-phone-and-nexus-devices-get-september-android-security-update/

Google has started rolling out September Android security update. The update is for the Google Pixels, Essential Phone as well as supported Nexus devices.

For the Pixel and Nexus devices, the September security update fixes up to 59 vulnerabilities, improves battery charge in Retail Mode for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. The update also brought improvements to SW Version reporting and audio quality over car speakers for both the first and current generation of the Pixel Phones.

The update is available Over the Air. However, there are factory image flashes and full OTA zip files on its developer’s forum just in case you can wait patiently to get the OTA update.
For the Essential phone users, the September Android security update is about 81.4MB with the 9.0.0 – Build PPR1.180905.036. The changelog includes a variety of security patches, Bluetooth car audio fixes, and accessibility fixes.

If you’ve got any of this devices, you can head straight to your phone’s Settings > System > More > System Update to check for the update, otherwise, you may have to resort to the factory image or you wait for the over-the-air (OTA) update.
Re: Google Pixels,essential Phone And Nexus Devices Get Android Security Update by bobo65(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2018
Those using essential devices should be really careful about this update

I used an essential device before I Sold it, the guy I Sold it to installed dat update and his phone was showing invalid sim.

Essential ph 1 comes in factory unlocked and sprint version I think, if u bought a sprint unlocked version, just avoid this update for now.

I chatted up the USA guy I got the phone from and he had the attached screen shot to say

The other screenshot is the update pending installation on my pixel xl, I no want story, any pixel user done install their own?
I noticed my battery doesn't last like before since I got on os 9 tho

Cc mynd44 dragnet

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 With Front Camera Slider, 512storage, 10GB RAM / Huawei Honor 2 Magic Packs Triple Cameras Front And Back / Phone IR Blaster Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.