Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,911 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near (7207 Views)

NFF Considers Amuneke, Salisu Options For Rohr’s Assistant Role / Pinnick: Why We Can’t Sack Rohr As Super Eagles Coach - NFF President / Good News For Rohr As West Ham Goalkeeper Is Set To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by googlelove: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2018
Genort Rohr is expected to make some tactical changes to his side during the weekend game against Seychelles, but still faces selection headache particularly in the back four.

The Nigeria football federation on Tuesday confirmed that Troost-Ekong, Ola Aina and Alex Iwobi all will miss the qualifying game.

The Nigerian team were humbled 2-0 last year by South Africa, and needs to win in the weekend to revive their chances of making the AFCON tournament in which they have missed for 2 consecutive time.

Reports have it that Rohr who is aware of the threat posed by the team have issued a warning to his team ahead of the game.

Rohr faces defensive crises as the choices of who partners with Leon Balogun in defensive role comes up. The veteran tactician is expected to choose between Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem as Semi Ajayi is yet to be tested. Tyronne Ebuehi, Abdullahi Shehu and Ola Aina injuries means more problem in the full back position for the coach.

John Mikel Obi and Moses Simon are also ruled out of the game while Victor Moses recently retired from international football.

According to NFF, 19 players have reported to camp as of Tuesday. . They are Henry Onyekuru, Omeruo, Francis Uzoho, Ajayi, Samuel Kalu, Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Awaziem, Kelechi Nwakali, Bryan Idowu, Simeon Nwankwo and Joel Obi. Others are Ahmed Musa, Ogenyi Onazi,  Odion Ighalo, Jamilu, Oghenekaro Etebo and Balogun. Goalkeepers Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi were expected to hit camp in the evening.

https://www.trendingfootballnews.com/selection-headache-for-rohr-as-seychelles-game-draws-near/

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by googlelove: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2018
Nigeria is paying him for the Headache. grin grin grin He should deliver.

7 Likes

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by pautex: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
He come to Ajekunle one Saturday morning and see the talent that are abound there, The rest will be history.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by SEONaijaExpert: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
I think the new guys should be tried with the old ones. Our back four is really something to worry about.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Shehucom(m): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
Am impressed with the Turn out so far. I hope this set of players should not be sacrificed for the so called star players forming injury after they've qualified us

1 Like

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Flexherbal(m): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
We wish the eagles a win!
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by oshe11: 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
My Only Joy there is NWAKALI

7 Likes

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Angelb4: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
Make una dey deceive una self. Who and who are actually the players that give selection headache?

3 Likes

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by theDukegold(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
The coach dey try!
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by oshe11: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
We might not Even qualify..........
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Alex80s(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
This man has nothing to offer. I haven't seen a different eagles with different style of football like i saw when Keshi and Oliseh handled the eagles esp Oliseh.

1 Like

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by oshe11: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
theDukegold:
The coach dey try!
Try by doing what exactly?
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
I don't trust selection at all
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Okoroawusa110: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
We go win na
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by KingLennon(m): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
Even with those players we should be able to trounce them. Over 2.5 win is a must o
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by etebefia: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
Where are the players? You mean these average players are giving the coach selection headache? Countries like Spain, Brazil, France should be having selection ebola.

1 Like

Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ok. All the best to them.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Samakus(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
Under 3.5 too sure for this game. nice odds too. Nigeria no get leg to score much goals na. Gewnerally, African teams no dey score
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by bossrillboss: 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
abeg shey paracetamol don finish ni..make dem gv am pcm for d headache joor.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2018
Alex80s:
This man has nothing to offer. I haven't seen a different eagles with different style of football like i saw when Keshi and Oliseh handled the eagles esp Oliseh.

Pls don't forget siasia
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by kmaster007: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ighalo on list again...
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by MufasaRebirth: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
Selection headache,Na France we wan play
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Small080(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
Those boys who played against atletico Madrid nko? those boys are more useful now..... the just need some advice to have better experience.... ewo losi
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by Bullhari007(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
Bring Enyimba Boys let them do the job... 3 points for sure.. Igbo Amaka
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by arthurwillia(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
Ht/ft
X/2
Thank me later jare
Lol
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by grammys: 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
I DESERVE TO BE NOMINATED FOR BALLON D'OR

SOURCE:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/4143/i-deserve-to-be-nominated-for-ballon-dor-griezman#latest

France star Antoine Griezmann insists he deserves to be on the podium for this year’s Ballon d’Or after winning the World Cup and major silverware with Atletico Madrid.

Griezmann came third in 2016 in the voting behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for the most prestigious individual award in football, despite not winning anything.

That year was agonising for the forward as he lost the Euro 2016 final with France and the Champions League final with Atletico.

But this season fortune has smiled on Griezmann, who starred in France’s triumphant World Cup winning campaign in Russia after an impressive year at Atletico, who won the Europa League and UEFA Super Cup.

“Comparing 2016 and this year, for me I have to be in the top three,” the 27-year-old told French sports daily L’Equipe.

“In 2016, I lost two finals and was in the top three. This time I have won three finals.”

Asked if not winning it would be unfair, Griezmann replied: “Not unfair, but I would wonder what more I could do. I have won three trophies, stood out at decisive moments, but it is not me who votes.”

Ronaldo and Messi have dominated the Ballon d’Or over the last decade and the Portuguese superstar will be a contender again this year after winning the Champions League with Real Madrid.

But Griezmann, who rejected a move to join Messi at Barcelona in the close season, admits ending their stranglehold over the award would be special.

“I think about it, especially the closer I get to it. The Ballon d’Or is a prestigious award, and it is the highest you can go as a player. There are trophies in your league, in the World Cup, the Euro, but it’s not the same,” he said.

However, there are signs that Griezmann’s glorious 2018 on the field might not be enough.

UEFA gave their award for the best player of last season to Luka Modric, skipper of the Croatia side that reached the World Cup final and a Champions League winner with Real.

And Griezmann was omitted, along with the rest of his France team-mates, from the final three nominees for FIFA’s player of the year award.

The finalists for that prize are Modric, Ronaldo and Mohamed Salah, the same three who made up the podium for UEFA’s award.

Asked about the FIFA snub, Griezmann replied that “it’s bizarre, and a shame. It is a trophy given out by FIFA, isn’t it?

“And the World Cup is organised by FIFA, right? We win the World Cup, and there is no French player there. That is their choice but it is surprising that there is no world champion.”

The Ballon d’Or award was run jointly by FIFA and magazine France Football until the end of 2016, since when world football’s governing body have reverted to giving out their own prize.

While a panel of supporters, national team captains, coaches and journalists vote for the FIFA award, only journalists vote for the Ballon d’Or.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by wecor: 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
hope all falls into the best favor of the country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by stanbillion200(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
Alex80s:

Oliseh 's era was even worse than all the coaches Nigeria have gotten. I think recently Rohr's era is different.
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by stanbillion200(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2018
Just make the Formation like this Uzoho Omeruo Balogun Awaziem Idowu Etebo Ndidi Onazi Kalu Nacho Onyekuru Period
Re: Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near by naijajobx: 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

How to Win Huge Cash On Bet9ja, Nairabet And Other Platform / Mourinho: The Undisputed Master Of The Mind Games / Arsenal To Play Super Eagles In Abuja On August 5th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.