Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> (3603 Views)

Starting A Video Game Center In 2019 / Top 5 Good Prediction Site In 2019 You Can Use To Win Bet9ja,betking Etc. / Top 10 Best Upcoming Android Games In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
1. Cheap and Stable Internet

Hmmm... I know, right. Who wouldn't want 10gig for 500 naira raise your hand make thunder fire you now now.

Let's face it, one of the reasons why we mostly buy pirated games is not because we can't afford them on steam or g2a etc. It's because after you buy the game, you're still going to need to use a fortune to download it. Imagine buying a game of 40 gig for averagely $40 = around 14k (clears throat I'm coming to that one) and then buying data to download it. You do the math. I don’t want to break my phone with vex. Face it, very few gamers can afford ripofftranet, smile-for-your-money, and other ones like that. MTN, 9mobile, breezetel are all nonsense. Glo no be network so no need to mention that one. All those networks will cut your downloads like 10 times before you download 20gig finish.
I lost 3 games straight on 8ball pool to hanging network. And that’s just a fvcking mobile game. Instead of FG to include network improvement as one of their aims dem dey busy dey fire MTN tax. And you and I know they care only about the money. Some mumu people will be saying we have more pressing problems, like say this one na solution I talk.

Ntel came out, we were happy that it would displace the rest only to hear that you’d have to use minimum wage to buy unlimited data that gets capped scamly at >100gig. Their network has been down for a while now sef, which is hardly a surprise.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
2. Provide stable Electricity

People wey dey get am no be 5 head dem get.

4 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
3. Improve Naira value

Who could ever imagine that naira once had more value than dollars? Are we gonna be forever backwards compatible? Our leaders no get shame? Gamers need accessories, Nigeria don’t manufacture them, buying from Nigerian retailers is sometimes risky. I can’t believe I puked have to shell out 14k (sometimes more) to buy a damn game that other countries buy for $40 more or less. And then for a PC gamer because you need to be able to play new games you’ve gotta be extremely rich or starve to buy a decent fvcking PC that won’t still run 2013 games on medium settings at 60fps. And as things don’t get better if you don’t buy things this year you’d need to save extra to afford it the next year.
Gaming is not supposed to be as expensive as it seems in Nigeria. It’s a cheap hobby that people even living below average could indulge in.

3 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
But, come to think of it… if these 3 things better, Naija will never remain the same. Not just for gamers (gamers and creatives will benefit more though)

I have never voted and never will, but If all this things are provided, wallahi i go go get my card tomorrow and print on a shirt boldly written "VOTING IS YOUR RIGHT!" I will even do volunteer vigilante for second term election and we will change Constitution for 3rd term for that person too.

Sorry for using “we” but, if I speak your mind say “I”
If I no speak your mind say *neigh”
The “eyes” have it

Oya... Come at me

6 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Lana1(m): 4:40am On Sep 06, 2018
LucemFerre:
But, come to think of it… if these 3 things better, Naija will never remain the same. Not just for gamers (gamers and creatives will benefit more though)

I have never voted and never will, but If all this things are provided, wallahi i go go get my card tomorrow and print on a shirt boldly written "VOTING IS YOUR RIGHT!" I will even do volunteer vigilante for second term election and we will change Constitution for 3rd term for that person too.

Sorry for using “we” but, if I speak your mind say “I”
If I no speak your mind say *neigh”
The “eyes” have it

Oya... Come at me
I!!!!!!!!

BFV preorder is in excess of 20k. Kuku kee me!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by SavageMajor(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2018
That's because EA is a shit company
Lana1:
I!!!!!!!!

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 10:27am On Sep 06, 2018
Lana1:
I!!!!!!!!

Dem never see nothing... Their projection was 12mil copies eh... Let's see how that would be possible. Unless they'll share the thing for free or buy them themselves.

1 Like

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Lana1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2018
SavageMajor:
That's because EA is a shit company

LucemFerre:

Dem never see nothing... Their projection was 12mil copies eh... Let's see how that would be possible. Unless they'll share the thing for free or buy them themselves.
Yh. I get EA have their issues.

But i said that with respect to the naira's exchange rate. The starting price for most triple A titles is usually $60. And that's just the standard editions.
We aren't asking for $1 = 1 naira. At most 50-100 naira go make sense. Imagine having to buy the new upcoming games for as low as 6k.

The point is this country is perfectly built to frustrate gamers. 20k to buy a game. Another 10k+ to pay for sub(which you can only use at midnights) to download it. U will still buy fuel again to power ur gen bcoz no light. And console gamers will even still ve to pay another 20k to pay for annual PSN and Xbox live just so they can play a game they already paid for.

I'm tired!! undecided
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
Lana1:

But i said that with respect to the naira's exchange rate. The starting price for most triple A titles is usually $60. And that's just the standard editions.
We aren't asking for $1 = 1 naira. At most 50-100 naira go make sense. Imagine having to buy the new upcoming games for as low as 6k.

The point is this country is perfectly built to frustrate gamers. 20k to buy a game. Another 10k+ to pay for sub(which you can only use at midnights) to download it. U will still buy fuel again to power ur gen bcoz no light. And console gamers will even still ve to pay another 20k to pay for annual PSN and Xbox live just so they can play a game they already paid for.

I'm tired!! undecided

Sorry bruh... I was wondering what BF V had to do with the post before cheesy
I didn't understand that was what you meant.

Brother the tin dey weak my testicles to the extent of resulting to a natural vasectomy.
Whenever i wake up with the mind that today I'm gonna buy an OG game, I'd put the cost together and jejely buy pirated and play my campaign and move to the next. I no fit shout.

Talking about generator... Wait till December sef. When to even get the fuel for the gen sef becomes huge problem.
Here's the unfortunate part. In Nigeria what goes up, doesn't come down no matter how improved the economy gets from its previous state. You'd begin to fvcking wonder. What are these guys doing there in NASS?

Nigeria is presently operating on an already built system of recycling and exchange of labor for pay round and round it comes back again. No new efficient and reliable means of improving the country's economy.
I dey wonder wetin i do whoever put me for this country to deserve this kind punishment of being in this sh!t hole

1 Like

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Emeka71(m): 6:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
They won't bother because they know game players are in the minority.
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by IchBinBrait(m): 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
LucemFerre:
2. Provide stable Electricity

People wey dey get am no be 5 head dem get.

Na truth you täLk.... Dis factor na one of the things wey dey make people run comot from 9ja. Any govt wey go provide dis one ehnn,, I will support whole-heartedly.

1 Like

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
Pls I need a good gaming desktop
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by crafteck(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
Gamers comprise of less than 1 percent of the population, stop assuming our hobby matters..

3 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Kaycee7(m): 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
crafteck:
Gamers comprise of less than 1 percent of the population, stop assuming our hobby matters..
But all the things that benefit us would benefit everyone else. Infact, these, and more, are all points that would improve the life of the average literate citizens. You're probably afraid it will negatively affect your piracy business.

3 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by LucemFerre: 3:35am On Sep 15, 2018
Kaycee7:
But all the things that benefit us would benefit everyone else. Infact, these, and more, are all points that would improve the life of the average literate citizens. You're probably afraid it will negatively affect your piracy business.

Lmao cheesy
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by SavageMajor(m): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Pirates everywhere, it's killing the gaming in Nigeria
Kaycee7:

2 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Lana1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2018
Kaycee7:
grin grin grin
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by 7GaLaXy7(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
Kaycee7:

Guy. Correct!!!!!

I dey get my games from steam. It's a good platform. It's just like psn but freeeeeee
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by mrMeen(m): 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
You know i love gaming as much as i lobe breathing wanted to buy a ps4 then i calculated the cost of buying games and the cost of using fuel to power the gen and the cost of subscription to play online man i just jejely stick to my ps3 and mobile games.

But really does anybody knows how my heart aches when i see people playing zero dawn and god of war and uncharted and spider man and last of us and and and, excuse me please.

3 Likes

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Kaycee7(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
mrMeen:
You know i love gaming as much as i lobe breathing wanted to buy a ps4 then i calculated the cost of buying games and the cost of using fuel to power the gen and the cost of subscription to play online man i just jejely stick to my ps3 and mobile games.

But really does anybody knows how my heart aches when i see people playing zero dawn and god of war and uncharted and spider man and last of us and and and, excuse me please.
Your case is even better. My last console was a PS2. You sef wey get PS3 come dey cry pass me
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by mrMeen(m): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kaycee7:
Your case is even better. My last console was a PS2. You sef wey get PS3 come dey cry pass me
its passion man its passion gaming is my light something that will always put a smile on my face.
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Kaycee7(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
mrMeen:
its passion man its passion gaming is my light something that will always put a smile on my face.
Same here
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by kart042000(m): 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
ezenwajosh:
Pls I need a good gaming desktop

Just follow the link below, got a great deal for you

https://www.nairaland.com/4749750/high-end-gaming-laptop-sale
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
kart042000:

Just follow the link below, got a great deal for you

https://www.nairaland.com/4749750/high-end-gaming-laptop-sale

What I need is desktop
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by crafteck(m): 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
ezenwajosh:

What I need is desktop

lenovo y710 cube
Core i7 6700
16GB DDR4
GTX 1070 GPU
1TB HDD + 128GB SSD
Windows 10

Red Dot design award winner. Comes with a convenient carry handle...perfect for VR gaming.

Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2018
mrMeen:

last last, we won't let the situation of the country spoil our joy. If you don't game online, you haven't started gaming Atall to be honest. Try and get the playstation 4. Where the money go come for disc, fuel and subscription won't be an issue.

We are missing out on alot of experiences just because of the state of the country. 90% of my naija gamer friends online are gaming from abroad. Those I have from Nigeria are frustrating to play with since you don't know when they will suddenly go offline due to power outage or network going ballistic, my self included in that category.
Red dead redemption 2 will be out in a few days and not a single listing on any platform for us here in Nigeria to buy it on launch date,and when it finally arrives prepare to cough out at lease 30k to get it. I spend too much just to have everything stable but I won't let the situation of the country kill my joy.
Re: Here's What Any Presidential Candidate Need To Do To Win GAMERS Over In 2019 >>> by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2018
Lana1:

I'm tired!! undecided
my dear, we can't do anything about it since we are in the minority. We have alot of game enthusiasts in Nigeria but the situation is not favourable for everyone to keep up. Imagine Nigeria is not listed on psn network but South Africa is. Why? Because most can't afford the excesses not that South Africans have better gamers.
Take it, psn subscription is 20k, most A+ games are from 25k, then spread the fuel you have to power your generator to be 20k monthly, Internet subscription let's say Spectranet unlimited which I use but capped at 150gb is 18k. That sums up to over 60k just to game monthly taking out the psn subscription.

A naija gamer friend of mije in Italy pays 18 euros for fibre optic Internet monthly which allows him to download a game of 80gb in 15mins but our wack spectranet will take in excess of 5days to download same if you are lucky enough to get 2mbps.

Many times power outage corrupted my hard drive that I had to format my playstation ans take over a week to install updates again.

The point I'm trying to make is, gaming in Nigeria is expensive because the resources don't come cheap. But Watin man go do? We have to keep up with our hobby regardless.

Red dead redemption 2 will be out in a few days and if you are willing to join the early birds like me, add me on psn with this same user ID. I'm also a gta5 online veteran, call of duty online near Pro player and not too much of a fifa player but will still hold u for your record. Let's have fun people. Complaining can't change a thing. if you can afford it, the experience is worth the price.

(1) (Reply)

Download First Touch Soccer 2024 – FTS 24 APK + OBB / Wwe 2k24 Ppsspp Iso File Download Highly Compressed / How To Configure A Fake PS3 Controller Wirelessly On Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.